Where to get sotx in Hong Kong?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by danny_m, Dec 1, 2007.

1. danny_m

danny_m Regular Member

I'll be in HK for a few days, and wanna see if i can pick up an woven 5a there. Can someone tell me where i can pick one up for a good price? Preferrably a place that's well stocked, 'cause i saw that e78 needs to order like a week in advance. Has anyone been to the Racketshop lately? Is it really the only other place to get sotx in HK?

Thx

2. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    I am also going to HK very very soon, and would also like to know.

3. freeman

freeman Regular Member

when I shopped for my woven-7, I found that the racketshop seems to be the only place that stocks sotx in hk. they are like the sole agent.

e78 has a better price, they mail order it for you from mainland, will take 3 working days. I got my woven-7 thru e78 for hkd590. it's hkd750 at the racketshop.

4. danny_m

danny_m Regular Member

yeah, e78's price seems to be a lot lower.... someone told me that a woven 5a sells for $540 while they're listed at $450. Are they the real thing though? Just "water stock" from mainland, right? I don't mind "water stock" since i'm bringing it back to Canada anyway... not like i'll be able to claim the warranty.

Has anybody bought from puppysports in HK? As in, go to their "store" and pay HK$ cash instead of US?

5. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Could anyone give me the address to e78?

6. Juneau

Juneau Regular Member

I'm also looking for the address of e78 if they are that much cheaper than Racket shop. I've been into racket shop and the woven 8a was 770; anyone know what sort of price I'd be looking at with e78?

Thanks in advance.

7. danny_m

danny_m Regular Member

www.e78.com.hk They listed th 8/8a as $703. You DO need to order a few days ahead of time. There's a map there, looks like quite a walk from the MTR station..... i'm not 100% sure, but i think the station is "Diamond Hill".

Keep me updated!

8. freeman

freeman Regular Member

e78 is tucked away in the 17th floor of an industrial building. not as easy to find as those stores in mongkok. however, the store owner can deliver it for pickup at the diamond hill mtr station (so you don't have to get out). best thing is to correspond your order and pickup arrangement with the store owner by email ahead of time.

9. arlaw

arlaw Regular Member

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing Yonex rackets from e78? Are they authentic? How is their international shipping rate?

10. hutoo

hutoo Regular Member

puppysports has wider selections of SOTX. I used them twice in the past year, two 8080+ shipped to US in January 2007 and two 8080+ plus one Woven 7i to shipped China in May 2007. They are very reliable and go to extra miles to accomodate customer's needs.