pls help me .

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Dixiedomer, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Dixiedomer

Dixiedomer Regular Member

student
    Hi, Im would like to ask about d yonex bg 80 string.
    i have a pro ace platinum 110.
    n i planned to string it v bg 80 at 23 lbs.
    wil it b too low tension v tat string?coz in the chart it seems tis string is mor to hard hitter (higher tension).
    i have a fren who strung his racqet at 27lbs n he cant reali hit the shuttle to the base line.
    so i guess im nt goin to string it above 23lbs.
    thanks for help

2. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    high tension does not=more power. if you don't have the technique and swing speed to play at high tensions, you'll end up injuring yourself. experiment with wat you think. 23lbs sounds resonable.

3. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

BG80 is definitely for hard hitters. Usually it's strung at mid-high tensions (around 25 lbs. and higher), and this means you need to be able to cope with the these high tensions. If you string it at 23 lbs., it'll work, but you won't get the full potential out of it. I wouldn't recommend you using this string, at least if you can't cope with the tension. Go for BG65 or 66.

4. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Hi dixiedomer,
    Its all to personal perspective. BG80 is a great string and you have to try it yourself. Different people have different perspective about strings. Thats the reason why yonex have such a wide range of strings to let people choose from. Because different people have different likes/dislike. So i suggest you to just string the racket and bg80 and try. Who knows it might work for you?:)

5. ct_23

ct_23 Regular Member

Manager
    Hi!

I suppose you may find lots of comments in his forum abt BG80. I am using it too which i think its fantastic.

Of cos 1st u gotta assess your own strength (in order not to injure urself), to match the tension of your string. (you may need to keep trying different tension till u found one that suits ur play.

Lastly i suggest you stick to the same string and tensions....and after few months...you will then get used to it hence find it fun and enjoyable when u play...i can assure u.