User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why this post...title..'The real HK Open MD Champion'...why the real...??

Congratulation to MK/HS...for winning HK Open 2007 MD title....its real for sure...after playing so well..tru out the tourny...

For me,..The top 3 pairs...MD standard in the world now is so...close.......
    They kind of taking turns to win title.......its like merry go round.......First three months early 2007..belongs to KKK/TBH......then...mid year ...owned by CY/FHF.....then....3rd.quarter of the year...to MK/HS.....The last three months at the end of 2007....CY/FHF took 1 title(FO).....KKK/FHF...won 2 titles(DO and Macau).....and MK/HS....took 2 titles in a row...CO and HKO...
    So..who ever performed better at time.....they will stay on top........Only TG/CW managed to steal one ttle(JO) from these three pair.......

Lets.......what will happened in 2008.....

Lets..see what

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post

Congratulation to MK/HS...for winning HK Open 2007 MD title....its real for sure...after playing so well..tru out the tourny...

They kind of taking turns to win title.......its like merry go round.......First three months early 2007..belongs to KKK/TBH......then...mid year ...owned by CY/FHF.....then....3rd.quarter of the year...to MK/HS.....The last three months at the end of 2007....CY/FHF took 1 title(FO).....KKK/FHF...won 2 titles(DO and Macau).....and MK/HS....took 2 titles in a row...CO and HKO...
    So..who ever performed better at time.....they will stay on top........Only TG/CW managed to steal one ttle(JO) from these three pair.......

Addition : Dont forget Korean Open SS: One of the Korean pairs : Lee/Jung or Lee/Hwang won it

And yes :
    4 SS titles to Fu/Cai (Spore, Indonesia, China Masters,France)
    4 SS titles to KKK/TBH(Msia, AE, Swiss) + 2 GP Gold
    2 to Kido/Setiawan(China,Hong Kong) + 1 WC + 1 GP Gold
    1 to Tony/Chandra(Japan)
    1 to Korea(Korea) + 1 GP Gold (Thailand)

With 4th quarter a mixture, with the 3 top pairs taking turns to win, so to speak : KKK/TBH, Fu/Cai, Kido/Hendra. Funny too, 1st 3 quarters of the year was the same : KKK/TBH, then Fu/Cai, then Kido/Hendra. Kido /Hendra good at catching up and overtaking.

World ranking will continue in "musical chairs" fashion between these 3 pairs.

Note : GP not included cos most of them didnt participate, Lee/Jung or Lee/Hwang did win one or two each.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... I didn't saw their final match in HKOP, but my first Impression of them wasn't really good , since I saw them for the first time in DO semifinal where they lost so easily to Malays Pairs. They're so hopeless from the beginning , ehm...I'd even doubt that they're the world championship, because their game's so no no no

Well, I should re-considering to watch their game again, maybe they've really improved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post

Lets..see what
    Good analysis! It seems that their standard isnt far apart… Interesting! Bravo bravo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny. Why "real" in quotes? They are really the 2007 HK Open champion. I mean really, they are the real champions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong View Post
    It's funny. Why "real" in quotes? They are really the 2007 HK Open champion. I mean really, they are the real champions.
    becos kwun made "fake thread" about "the HK Open 2007 MD winners!!" and the content is not talking about MK/HS at all
    Last edited by taufik-ist; 12-03-2007 at 05:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist View Post
    becos kwun made "fake thread" about "the HK Open 2007 MD winners!!" and the content is not talking about MK/HS at all
    I see. Sorry, not been following the proceedings recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    I wont write off Fu/Cai. They will be game for Beijing next year. They got the experience and the titles to back them up.

I like Hendrawan/Kido for their down to earth nature. No showboating, no fancy stuff etc. No colouring of the hair, chains, numerous rings and bracelets. They are all business when on the court. In short, they are professional full time badminton players, not some metrosexual wanna be. No wonder they are World Champions.

I also feel the older guys like ML/JE, TG/CW will also be strong contenders in Beijing next year. For these guys to still be playing top class badminton in their mid 30s, they will be there and may get the lucky break in Beijing!

On the sentimental side, I hope either TG/CW or ML/JE takes that gold next year.
    Throughout the whole year, the veterans did achieve some creditable results.
    however , from what i see, they tempted to make many unforce errors compare with the current top 3 pairs. ML/JE , TG/CW & also not forget the MAS veterans Choong/Lee. Their "Unforce Errors " stats in each match if u really accumulate , was really hard to believe..
    I not saying that KIDO/HENDRA ; FU/CHAI & KOO/TAN; FU/CHAI seldom make errors , but the amount of errors is lesser compare to those veterans
    They way they execute the trick shots is fabulous
    They were still the force to be reckon with.. With their experince, who knows one of them wil be able to snatch a GOLD in BEinjing next summer..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the contrary, I like showboating players they are nice to watch because they entertain the crowd. We are their boss we pay to watch them le.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Kido's smash is very hard indeed.....I just hope Badmania wil not try it.... even you receive, your return will go to net or wide...or...smashed by Kido in front of net........same as Guo Zen Dong....
    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    I am not doubting his smash. It's just that smashing always can be a bit monotonous
    Yes.. His smashes is the most powerful we have among the MD field. Previuosly it was Fu Hai Feng. He is top in term of speed, but talk about POWER.. No one can match KIDO at the moment.
    However, i did realised sometimes KIDO smashed wide Maybe he jumped too high and misfiring to the wrong postion . This is one of the key factors for him to improve. Hendra was execellent in net plays, and as the Chinese media suggested, he is becoming an all rounded MD players -- Can play very well in net & at the baseline...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    Yes.. His smashes is the most powerful we have among the MD field. Previuosly it was Fu Hai Feng. He is top in term of speed, but talk about POWER.. No one can match KIDO at the moment.
    However, i did realised sometimes KIDO smashed wide Maybe he jumped too high and misfiring to the wrong postion . This is one of the key factors for him to improve. Hendra was execellent in net plays, and as the Chinese media suggested, he is becoming an all rounded MD players -- Can play very well in net & at the baseline...
    It was awesome to watch Kido smash… simply like watching Michael Jordan driving to the rim.. He is one good player… The one I like the most after Heryanto Arbi!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s1nn3r View Post
    It was awesome to watch Kido smash… simply like watching Michael Jordan driving to the rim.. He is one good player… The one I like the most after Heryanto Arbi!
    Haha.. KIDO vs MJ .. that's cool. Wonder did he ever played/trained for basketball in INA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INA has really revolutionize the MD department! Cheerzzzzz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s1nn3r View Post
    On the contrary, I like showboating players they are nice to watch because they entertain the crowd. We are their boss we pay to watch them le.
    Theoretically, you are saying you would prefer to watch Harlem Globetrotters than LA Lakers or Boston Celtics??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Theoretically, you are saying you would prefer to watch Harlem Globetrotters than LA Lakers or Boston Celtics??
    Oh no....we are probably going to see another "lecture" by Pemuda on his "favorite" pair Koo/Tan .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They call Hendra S also " Canggis"...have no idea whats the meaning..
    His friends call him "Jungkies".. But he doesn't like the nickname..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did remind them....always SMILE...... ...They forgot.....sigh!
    Me too.. I said from now on they must smile, and smile in pics with fans too.. But Hendra said "no!!!!!!!!".. FAINT.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast