User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 81
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Planet of Lords
    Posts
    7,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Congrats To The "real" 2007 HK Open MD Champion

    Surprisingly, there is none thread was created for this INA Pair

    a big applauds must be given to this WC, added to their credentials of being crowned the World Champs, they manage to won two SS titles back to back.
    They were the second MD pair beside KOO/TAN who able to did that two weeks in a row.

    I must admit , when they won the WC in KL, i am not impressed . They avoided to meet their main nemesis, Koo/Tan & Fu/Chai on the road to their title. The only strongest pair during their path was Tony/Chandra.
    I am quite happy know that they prove me wrong by winnning titles over titles . That was not just a pure fluke in WC.

    Markis Kido , is a real athletes. I wonder how many MD players in current circuit able to perform jumping smash right from the beginning of the match towards the ends
    I am curious to know what kinda energy drinks he took everyday If he quit Baddy one day, he can considered switch field to high jump events in track & field .

    Hendra Setiawan, He is very cool. Not much expression on court. Sometimes it is hard for opponenets to read his mind & wonder where /when will he attack. He is deadliness in net plays. Simply outplayed the NET Plays King - tony Gunawan in several occasions !

    Looks like no other pair now can stop them to clinching the MD gold medal in Beijing now.
    Fu/Chai -- Too soft , less of their usual attacking power game.
    Koo/Tan -- I am really don't understand, they are becoming quite unpredictable pair at the moment. Too "fresh" i would say for challenging fir a gold medal in the prestigous OG
    Korean pairs -- Not impressive throughout the world year of 2007
    Denmark - It would be an extras if the even manage to win a medal next summer..

    I strongly believe they will be able to emulate their countrymen previous achievement at Olympics .
    Good Luck
    Last edited by samuel882; 12-02-2007 at 07:53 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    mAlAySia
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yea...congratz to them..i wonder why they don't have any threAD CONGRATULATING THEM....odd2...markis is such a gud smasher lorh ..although he is not tall enough ..but he is so aggresive ..uh..smash..smash..n smash until da servis is over ...dush ....n hndra is gud too..cool..i think
    Last edited by syusuke ika; 12-02-2007 at 08:16 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,465
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syusuke ika View Post
    yea...congratz to them..i wonder why they don't have any threAD CONGRATULATING THEM....odd2...markis is such a gud smasher lorh ..although he is not tall enough ..but he is so aggresive ..uh..smash..smash..n smash until da servis is over ...dush ....n hndra is gud too..cool..i think
    samuel beat me to it...hehe...I was about to write one

  4. #4
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    and they are humble..
    even when they won
    they never shout and jump like monkeys...

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,676
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ya.... we must salute the current world champion who had won 2 back-to back titles


    CONGRATZ MARKIS/HENDRA YOU ARE A WORTY CURRENT WORLD CHAMPION, NONE WILL BE DOUBTING ON YOU AGAIN

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Mk/hs...

    I like MK/HS.
    MK has one WHOOPING jumpsmash...
    HS is versatile, composed and focused. Above all, he is soo down-to-earth!!!
    They're my favorite MD pair...
    Plainly for the fact that they achieve the improbable so often...

    KKK/TBH have an impeccable head-to-head record against them, though (MK/HS can't seem to play well against them)...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    WIthout doubt!!!

    From the beginning....This pairing has been "deadly and lethal"....
    No doubt...they will be the strongets candidates for the OG

    COngrats to Kido/Hendra !!!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,465
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    and they are humble..
    even when they won
    they never shout and jump like monkeys...
    Both are still shy. The whole team was wondering where they were yesterday when we were about to go for dinner, only to learn that they had quietly gone for dinner with their friend, Albertus Susanto Njoto

    Indeed, they still look awkward in front of the camera....especially Markis Kido Both players are usually together, when I bumped them during dinner and in the lobby, which shows that they are really a team player in every aspect.

    Hendra Setiawan (or S as the team occassionally calls him) is really cool and very business-like....showing no emotion at all even when he made some errors. Just a tap on the shoulder of Markis Kido whenever his partner was the one making the error. Kido is more prone to showing his emotion

    As I mentioned several times already, Hendra is increasingly more and more matured as a player. Even the Chinese fans appreciate him (I suspect this guy is also in badmintoncentral ):

    "技战术。从前感觉这一对有点傻,球路比较死板,最近几次比赛聪明了很多。亨德拉前半场我个人感觉比古 建杰还要好一点点点,技术精良,速度快,下手狠。" -- recently, the INA pair has become smarter in their game-play. IMHO, Hendra's coverage of the court was slightly better than Koo Kien Keat, with his good skill, speed and sharpness in dealing with the bird.

    "亨德拉前半场和网前小球,我也觉得比古要好,及有可能是继朴,吉, 和吴之后另一个网前统治高手" -- most probably, Hendra is going to be become another great player in front of the net, after Park Joo Boong, Sigit Budiarto and Tony Gunawan.

    As for Kido, his task is to attack from the back, which can become rather dull to watch. But, I also have seen some variety in his performance recently

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,465
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by punchclear View Post
    KKK/TBH have an impeccable head-to-head record against them, though (MK/HS can't seem to play well against them)...
    Indeed.....this is something that Sigit Pamungkas still has to work on before Kido/Hendra can be called a great pair World Championships title is achieved...now left the Olympics Gold Medal in 2008, All-England (many opportunities), and the Asian Games in 2010. Not to mention being able to help Team INA to regain the Thomas and Sudirman Cup, like what Fu/Cai managed to do in 2004-2007.

    They still have a lot of work to do......so.....let's take it one step at a time.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,465
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Titles as of 2007:
    Hong Kong Open Super Series 2007
    China Open Super Series 2007
    Chinese-Taipei Open Grand Prix Gold 2007
    World Championships 2007
    Invitational World Cup 2006
    China Open (6*) 2006
    Hong Kong Open (6*) 2006
    SEA Games Individual Event 2005
    Indonesia Open (6*) 2005
    Asian Badminton Championships (4*) 2005
    SEA Games Team Event 2003

    Runner-up:
    China Masters Super Series 2007
    Sudirman Cup 2007
    Indonesia Open (6*) 2006
    SEA Games Team Event 2005
    Denmark Open (5*) 2004

    Bronze:
    Asian Games Team and Individual Events 2006

  11. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    Surprisingly, there is none thread was created for this INA Pair

    a big applauds must be given to this WC, added to their credentials of being crowned the World Champs, they manage to won two SS titles back to back.
    They were the second MD pair beside KOO/TAN who able to did that two weeks in a row.

    I must admit , when they won the WC in KL, i am not impressed . They avoided to meet their main nemesis, Koo/Tan & Fu/Chai on the road to their title. The only strongest pair during their path was Tony/Chandra.
    I am quite happy know that they prove me wrong by winnning titles over titles . That was not just a pure fluke in WC.

    Markis Kido , is a real athletes. I wonder how many MD players in current circuit able to perform jumping smash right from the beginning of the match towards the ends
    I am curious to know what kinda energy drinks he took everyday If he quit Baddy one day, he can considered switch field to high jump events in track & field .

    Hendra Setiawan, He is very cool. Not much expression on court. Sometimes it is hard for opponenets to read his mind & wonder where /when will he attack. He is deadliness in net plays. Simply outplayed the NET Plays King - tony Gunawan in several occasions !

    Looks like no other pair now can stop them to clinching the MD gold medal in Beijing now.
    Fu/Chai -- Too soft , less of their usual attacking power game.
    Koo/Tan -- I am really don't understand, they are becoming quite unpredictable pair at the moment. Too "fresh" i would say for challenging fir a gold medal in the prestigous OG
    Korean pairs -- Not impressive throughout the world year of 2007
    Denmark - It would be an extras if the even manage to win a medal next summer..

    I strongly believe they will be able to emulate their countrymen previous achievement at Olympics .
    Good Luck
    Just to add... where they are not the 2nd pair... Fu/Cai also managed to win back-to-back 2 super series title in 2 weeks time... Singapore Open (beat CTF/LWW) and Indonesia Open (beat MF/MZ)...

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,465
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FU4EVA View Post
    Just to add... where they are not the 2nd pair... Fu/Cai also managed to win back-to-back 2 super series title in 2 weeks time... Singapore Open (beat CTF/LWW) and Indonesia Open (beat MF/MZ)...
    ALL the top 3 MD pairs HAVE WON back-to-back Super Series titles!

    Koo/Tan in All-England and Swiss Super Series
    Fu/Cai in Singapore and Indonesia Super Series
    and Kido/Hendra in China and Hong Kong Super Series....

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,465
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    More compliments from the Chinese fans (focussing on Hendra of course):

    "亨德拉除了前场技术很好以外,后场杀球也是不错,昨天直接杀死吴/陈组合几个球了。马亨两人虽然各有侧重,但没有什么软肋,不象中国的风云,必须前云后峰才能赢 " -- besides his impressive front court coverage and net-skill, Hendra's smash from the back of the court is pretty good also, which resulted in a few points against Tony/Candra yesterday. Even though both Kido and Hendra have excelled their respective roles, they do not seem to have any major weakness either, unlike Fu/Cai, which have to rely on Cai Yun in front and Fu Haifeng at the back in order to win

    "印尼亨德拉很全面,技术、心理都好;反而基多比较容易抽风" -- Hendra is more all rounded in terms of skills and mental attitude. On the other hand, Kido is more prone to making errors.

    "亨德拉网前技术风格和吴又有点不同,除了封的紧,另外就是敢放
    ,前几天打球居然也去模仿亨德拉那种回放, 看来吴俊明后候又有新的模仿对象了,似乎对古的网前打法不感冒" -- there is a certain difference between Hendra's and Tony's netting skills. Besides the tight coverage, Hendra's netplay is more varied and he is more daring to play some outrageous trick shots. A few days ago, Tony even copied some of Hendra's trick shots.....

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,129
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Indeed.....this is something that Sigit Pamungkas still has to work on before Kido/Hendra can be called a great pair World Championships title is achieved...now left the Olympics Gold Medal in 2008, All-England (many opportunities), and the Asian Games in 2010. Not to mention being able to help Team INA to regain the Thomas and Sudirman Cup, like what Fu/Cai managed to do in 2004-2007.

    They still have a lot of work to do......so.....let's take it one step at a time.
    1) Oh yes, next time you manage to meet them, please ask Kido to grin widely during prize presentation. Many times he look so serious like he didnt want the title, he dont want can give all to his partner, he he.

    2) Even you are frustrated they 'always lose easily' (your words) to KKK/TBH. Those matches were about the only time, Hendra showed frustration.

    Anyway, they've improved since WC. Hendra not so nervous anymore. Wonder what type of ginseng or Tongkat Ali Kido has been taking, smash from beginning to end. Tony/Chandra also shake head.

    3) Since the top 3 pairs seems to taking turns winning :
    OG - Still another 7 - 8 months to go to improve for all 3 pairs
    AE - Fu/Cai had it, KKK/TBH had it, next year may just be Kido/Setiawan's turn.
    Thomas Cup 2008 - we shall see together, maybe Indonesia can snatch from China's hands
    Asian Games 2010 - A couple of years away, up for grabs too.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,465
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    1)
    2) Even you are frustrated they 'always lose easily' (your words) to KKK/TBH. Those matches were about the only time, Hendra showed frustration.
    Good observation from u as always Indeed, there was certain apprehension whenever Kido/Hendra faced Koo/Tan. The mood is already different from the very beginning, with Kido/Hendra straight away under the pressure Not only Kido, Hendra was also affected.

    In fact, I observed that Hendra also showed some hesitation when he made a couple of continous errors yesterday, when they were playing in the less-favoured court (with the draft and all those problems). He was probably watching how Nova's numerous errors in the first set of the XD match eventually costed the INA pair that set.

    These are the little things that both players would have to improve before the big events. I will prefer it if they face Koo/Tan in front of the home crowd in the Malaysia Super Series (likely to be in the Final since they will be the top 2 seeds). Losing again is okay if they play bravely and force at least a rubber-set That will be a small improvement already

  16. #16
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,446
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    Surprisingly, there is none thread was created for this INA Pair

    a big applauds must be given to this WC, added to their credentials of being crowned the World Champs, they manage to won two SS titles back to back.
    They were the second MD pair beside KOO/TAN who able to did that two weeks in a row.

    I must admit , when they won the WC in KL, i am not impressed . They avoided to meet their main nemesis, Koo/Tan & Fu/Chai on the road to their title. The only strongest pair during their path was Tony/Chandra.
    I am quite happy know that they prove me wrong by winnning titles over titles . That was not just a pure fluke in WC.

    Markis Kido , is a real athletes. I wonder how many MD players in current circuit able to perform jumping smash right from the beginning of the match towards the ends
    I am curious to know what kinda energy drinks he took everyday If he quit Baddy one day, he can considered switch field to high jump events in track & field .

    Hendra Setiawan, He is very cool. Not much expression on court. Sometimes it is hard for opponenets to read his mind & wonder where /when will he attack. He is deadliness in net plays. Simply outplayed the NET Plays King - tony Gunawan in several occasions !

    Looks like no other pair now can stop them to clinching the MD gold medal in Beijing now.
    Fu/Chai -- Too soft , less of their usual attacking power game.
    Koo/Tan -- I am really don't understand, they are becoming quite unpredictable pair at the moment. Too "fresh" i would say for challenging fir a gold medal in the prestigous OG
    Korean pairs -- Not impressive throughout the world year of 2007
    Denmark - It would be an extras if the even manage to win a medal next summer..

    I strongly believe they will be able to emulate their countrymen previous achievement at Olympics .
    Good Luck

    I am surprised that you finally admit it...as I have seen many posts of yours in last couple of days....doubting them big time....I was a bit dissapointed with many negative remarks about them....

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    ...These are the little things that both players would have to improve before the big events. I will prefer it if they face Koo/Tan in front of the home crowd in the Malaysia Super Series (likely to be in the Final since they will be the top 2 seeds). Losing again is okay if they play bravely and force at least a rubber-set That will be a small improvement already
    You know...
    That might just be the reason I like MK/HS so much; the fact that they (99% of the time) play with so much courage...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. China Open 2007 - WD Semifinal - Zhang/Wei Vs. Du/Yu - "private" Cam!!!
    By xt6666 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 10
    : 03-20-2010, 06:36 AM
  2. Video Download "SUPER SERIES 2007 SINGAPORE OPEN"
    By Aerotus100JP in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 201
    : 07-23-2009, 08:26 PM
  3. Video Download "SUPER SERIES" Malaysia Open 2007
    By Aerotus100JP in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 177
    : 03-31-2009, 10:42 AM
  4. China Open 2007 - WS Semi - Xie Xingfang Vs. Lu Lan - "private" cam!!!
    By xt6666 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 5
    : 12-18-2007, 10:08 AM
  5. Video Download "SUPER SERIES 2007 INDONESIA OPEN"
    By Aerotus100JP in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 170
    : 07-11-2007, 07:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •