User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    Hey wilfredlgf,

Hehehe... You and Pemuda have just caused another thread closed (just minutes ago), the thread referred to, is located at:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50127&page=5

My own fault really - as with all dance and sport, it takes two (or more) to tango. I allowed myself to get baited and hence the all-out handbags. I suppose the mods had enough of that and put a lid on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    boring = no fighting = peace
    No, it's not boring because there's no fighting, more of a case of people already knowing the bottom line or said what you have just posted.

Don't mind me, really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    thank you, all of you, that came here and supported the quest for peace. and i just wanted to state that i am all for discussion, even heated ones, as long as we know where the line is drawn.

and birdwood i am all for fighting but i support clean fight. meaning when we debate, stay on topic and dont stray to sensitive issues like religion, land of birth or personal issues.

i am so happy to see so many gentlemen here.
    ..haven't seen a post from our cooler(no pun intended), yet, in this thread....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

thank you, all of you, that came here and supported the quest for peace. and i just wanted to state that i am all for discussion, even heated ones, as long as we know where the line is drawn.

and birdwood i am all for fighting but i support clean fight. meaning when we debate, stay on topic and dont stray to sensitive issues like religion, land of birth or personal issues.

You really mean 'so few', right?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..haven't seen a post from our cooler(no pun intended), yet, in this thread....
    he doesn't want it locked rightaway...
    that's why

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    You really mean 'so few', right?
    i wanted to be sarcastic but i really do appreciate the people that do support this. all we need is a few good men

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wanted to be sarcastic but i really do appreciate the people that do support this. all we need is a few good men
    How about women? They fight too and we are not likely to know what gender of BCers in fighting. In term of clean fight, I don't know if we will ever achieve that. If the facts are clear, there would be no need to fight so I think fighting in BC are easily to be muddled by other factors. Maybe we should hope fights will at least be as clean as possible? Fighting to achieve peace or for peace. New concept again

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up All we need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post

It takes some talent to do that
    (Frankly, I think it was closed for other reasons.)

True... They were talking about dirty curtains and dirty linen... getting off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post

boring = no fighting = peace

Actually, it is quite simple to have peace... All we need to do is to agree to disagree.

But is it boring when we have PEACE ?

The answer will depend on this question... "Do we need hostilities in order to let not BOREDOM set in ? ".

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf View Post

My own fault really - as with all dance and sport, it takes two (or more) to tango. I allowed myself to get baited and hence the all-out handbags. I suppose the mods had enough of that and put a lid on it.

No, it's not boring because there's no fighting, more of a case of people already knowing the bottom line or said what you have just posted.

Don't mind me, really.

The tango that you 2 were dancing was not in time with the music.

So... our moderators yelled "STOP !!!".

No need to be sarcastic, I can hear you singing beautifully......

"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world ..." and "All you need is Love ...".

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The easiest road to online peace is silence
    Ah, but that would be terribly boring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...Actually, it is quite simple to have peace... All we need to do is to agree to disagree. ...
    Cheers... chris@ccc
    That only stops fighting and fighting is not finished. Can it continue later . I'm not sure stop fighting equals to peace . But it sure will help, and that's what kwun and company were busy doing all the time, putting off fires and returning fires all over the place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it is quite simple to have peace... All we need to do is to agree to disagree.

But is it boring when we have PEACE ?

The answer will depend on this question... "Do we need hostilities in order to let not BOREDOM set in ? ".

Cheers... chris@ccc
    yeah, that is the simple solution allright. agree to disagree. that's all we have to do here. and i sincerely hope we dont need hostilities to keep boredom away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, hostilities are not need to keep boredoms away.

Confrontations are often the mating of disagreeing views created by the difference in background, upbringing, beliefs and environment. Arguments are good, provided it is done with civility and decorum.

It is not, however, possible to discuss all issues without stirring something that somebody else disagrees with, hence the ability for simple issues to end up heated. The key words are to restrain the need to be overly-defensive whilst maintaining the view that it is the right of the other person to not agree with you, without getting beyond the scope of which the scope is being laid out.

On BC, this scope is often (if not all) defined by the rules set by the owner on what can or cannot be used to present your views, hence the occurrence of threads getting locked due to things getting beyond what is relevant and logical.

As humans we all have the tendency to rebel at the authority or go against the tide of accepted norms - what is important however is the way it is being done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You made me speechless . I couldn't even follow you, but well done nevertheless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got sucked into a heated exchange with pemuda. i know, i know, i should have known better. but i believe you have to feel strongly about some matters and stand your ground. so here i am , apologizing for failing to do as i say. sorry guys i try as best as i can but in the end i am merely human. will start with a clean slate next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is becoming more and more like helpless women having done a sin and going to the church confessing their misdeeds in hope to be forgiven....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    This thread is becoming more and more like helpless women having done a sin and going to the church confessing their misdeeds in hope to be forgiven....
    I thought that's why we have this thread, not just for women though. Take easy

Dear BC members,
    So let this thread be a place where those who have said things that offended other people simply to win their arguments to apologize. Those who are really a gentleman will do so because even if it is not your fault because you did not start it in the first place, the things you say still offends people. Hopefully we will see gentlemen showing all of us what being polite and cultured is by being a bigger man and saying sorry for the things they said that may have offended other people (intentionally and unintentionally) and let me be the first to apologize for any words that offended anybody in the course of my stay here. Hopefully after that we could start to focus on the thing that binds us all here in the first place................badminton.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    ...after which they do it all over again and then go back and confess... after which they do it all over again and then go back and confess... after which they do it all over again and --

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about that, unless you're repeated offender

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast