Yonex Armortec question

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by blueyan, Dec 4, 2007.

1. blueyan

blueyan Regular Member

hello all, i realise that armortec 300 is different from other armortec series...i mean the head shaft is made of Super Alloy Graphite , not gforce Ti graphite... i wonder what is the different between these 2 materials...anyone has try and compare at 300 and at-500 before ? beside that , is anyone having the at-300 shaft side view pictures ? i cant find anyone in internet...thank = )

2. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

There are four things that really means something when it comes to racquet playability.
    1. Weight.
    2. Balance point(headheavy, headlight ect.)
    3. Shaft stiffness
    4. String and string tension.

(Randomly listed)

The technical descriptions of materials used in the racquet has got very little to say in the big picture. Mostly it's minute differences. In my experience the technology is mostly seen in the durability of the racquet, and not in pure playability.

My two cents.

3. blueyan

blueyan Regular Member

i see , so you mean the materials are not affect the playability but the durability....=)

4. NoName1225

NoName1225 Regular Member

yea because playability has to do with the player too, it's a player+racket combo. Durability is just how hard you have to hit to break the racket, and it doesn't matter who hits it, if it breaks at a certain force it'll break no matter who or how you hit it.

Lighter materials may be easier to break because it usually isn't as dense and it's a trade off. You can have a steel racket, you hit it on the floor, nothing happens, except the floor is scratched, but it's heavy and awkward and not that good to use, or you can have a graphite one, where if you mishit a birdie and the racket snaps in 2, but it IS way way way way way way way better to play with. Way way better.

5. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

I did not say that it does NOT affect the playability, but compared to the other things i mentioned the differences are very small.