Badminton College's

Discussion in 'USA East' started by Jillakilla, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Jillakilla

Jillakilla New Member

Movie theater
    So I'm a junior in high school now, and I have started looking for colleges and such. I really want to continue playing badminton throughout college but my problem is that I really have to stay in New York. I've tried looking at so many schools but I haven't been able to find any really.

Do you know of any SUNY (State university of New York) colleges with badminton?

2. cheongsa

cheongsa Regular Member

Assistant Professor
    Cornell and the University of Rochester have strong club teams that go to A and B grade tournaments in the region. The University at Buffalo has a very good player, but I am not sure how active the badminton scene is on campus. Syracuse University also has a badminton club that goes to regional B grade tournaments.

If you are in NYC and want to stay in NYC, you can always join NYC Badminton. LazyBuddy will be able to offer better advice.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Not many schools here offer competitive teams, but many do have active badminton clubs. Their players either play in their own clubs, or inter-college matches, or participate in other publice club / tournies.

A few come into my mind is NYU and Columbia for metro area, and others like cheongsa mentioned, but more like in upstate area. In long island, Stony Brook used to have a very active badminton club, but heard kinda die down for the past few yrs.