User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wun.sun View Post
    Don't you love being the guy, only thing we REALLY have to worry about is how hard our smash is
    you can have the hardest smash in the world but its not going to make a difference at the higher levels cause people will always be able to block it over and it takes less energy for me to block a smash than it take for you to smash so if you get tired from that then its easier on me.

But for mixed its all about opening up the opponent court and getting them out of position and trying to find that sweetspot that will cause confusion, cause them to hit a weak lift which where is where that powerful smash comes in. Just remember a well placed smash is more effective than a hard smash.

You want to make sure that you are able to see whats happening instead of blindly playing shots or trying to power through everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

find a way to enhance your reaction so that you can be quick enough to return the shuttle at the front..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POWER IS EVERYTHING...

Anyways, on topic:

Yea, I'm not saying that we do not have to open for gaps, but our first choice of mind should be a smash. The smash should be well placed, either at a weak spot, opening or something. Use smashes and other flat shots to move your opponent around.

I still think that smashes are what used to move them around, and continue to smash until they drop.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think that smashes are what used to move them around, and continue to smash until they drop.
    Smashes don't really move your opponents around: attackers move a lot more than defenders. Attacking play demands much higher fitness than defending play.

But a good attack will win out against an equally skilled defence -- most of the time. The defenders will make an error: either they hit it out, or they make a short lift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is true that a attacker has to move to more than the defender...

However, the attacker gets to initiate the contact, and dictate the pace of the rally. A good smash is difficult to drive, and will lead to either a lift or a block. Depending on the girl you are playing with, they will hopefully most likely lift.

What I mean when you move them around, is smash at the girl, or pick the slight gap between the girl and the guy, or catch them at a awkward position.

My main point, is that since you get to initiate the contact, you will be able to move them around.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3