Armortec 900 Power

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by February, Dec 4, 2007.

1. February

February Regular Member

Well, I just ordered one from Sumai03 today but I heard his racquets were TH coded. I have no idea until now, will it make a difference in the overall performance of the racquet? I heard that the TH coded will just make the warranty issue much harder, and I have no worries about that because I believe I can take good care of my racquet.

And I heard that the sweet spot was smaller for the 900 compared to the 700, do you guys believe that? I was originally going to pay $155 for the armortec 700 but I heard it was much less durable than the 900 so I dished out an extra $35 and got it instead.

I still haven't been able to play with it yet but my friend is going to get his 700 soon, and my other friend is going to get his 900 technique soon. I will be able to write a review by trying out all 3 of them =) when my racquet comes.

Can anyone answer my questions?

2. mmnoor

mmnoor Regular Member

Well, I can't say for sure, but the TH, SP, IP coded racquets is similar to each other. Only JP coded are different hence the higher price.

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Higher price, not really. For the JP you just need to know where to look to get right price.

Now, not sure if February actually ordered - more like bid/buy it now? A JP coded can be worth about less or equal to the buy it now price, with shipping included.

#3 Matt, Dec 4, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  4. February

February Regular Member

So how much better are the JP coded ones in terms of performance and quality? Because that racquet I am suppose to get is still a JP version...just the code is different

I used the buy it now option. I should have spent my time getting the JP coded one but I was feeling very lazy and I have no basic info for me to access such.

5. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Nope nope, a bit of misconception here.

You are recieving the TH version, not JP. Nope, TH, JP, IP etc... is the racket code. All high-end Yonex rackets are made in Japan.

JP is supposedly better quality.

6. SaintDragon

SaintDragon Regular Member

Student
    The only difference that I've noticed so far between the two is that the JP version say Gummetal on the side versus ElasticTi. They hit the same.

Also, the difference between the 900P and 700 is that the 700 is definitely easier to flex so it makes the swinging a bit easier. You'll undoubtedly get more power out of the 900 if you're able to swing it correctly and overall I believe the 900P is a more balanced racket. However the 700 is quite a bit cheaper and the difference is minimal so it's up to you.

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    GUMMETAL Elastic Ti > Elastic Ti!!

There is a reason why word is missing :p ehheheh

8. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    JP & CP = highest quality n stability in the whole yonex line..best QC

SP, IP, TH = crappiest quality, durability, stability and QC..

9. SaintDragon

SaintDragon Regular Member

Student
    I don't quite believe in that. I've used many different rackets with different country codes and in terms of durability and quality they seem the same. So far the only breakage that has occurred for me happens during a clash, and the JP's break just as fast as IP/SP/TH rackets.

10. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    it doesnt matter too much which code you get. you will only notice a difference if you are of pro standard. the at900p is a great racket strung at the right tension - i think about 26-27 in bg65ti is right - but only if you can weild the stiffness. the at700 is more flexi but if you cannot flex very stiff rackets then maybe you should get the 700.

11. February

February Regular Member

so does this mean that he committed a fraud by mentioning in his selling-page that the racket is "(Made in Japan)"? Even his location is listed as Colorado but my friends tell me that he ships from Thailand.

12. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

As far as i know all yonex racquets are made in japan. The country codes are distribution codes.

13. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    that is PARTIALLY correct..lotta rackets SAY they are made in japan..but that is only PART of the racket..lolz..which allows them to still put tht stupid made in japan thing..cuz some of the raw materials they get from different japanese companies that distribute graphite..=)

14. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

No, please do a search on distribution code. I just want to let you know that Yonex USA will not give out warranty replacement for any TH or SP coded racquet.

15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Agreed, please do a search.

16. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

the point was not where the racuqets are made, but what th, ip, sp ect. is.

17. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    well..IP..SP..TH..do suck man..I string rackets day in day out..and it is proven these rackets break and or wear away a lot easier compared to rackets with codes like..JP..CP..CN..CD..US..GR..so on and so on..

18. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

In order to get warranty in US, one needs to send the US racket back to where bought in US within one year and paid them the shipping fee for the store to send it to Yonex. After inspection, Yonex USA will decide whether or not it will replaced it free of charge. Since most rackets are broken through playing (not due to product defect), chances for getting a free replacement is not very promising. You'd better take good care of the racket, rather than hoping for warranty and definitely they are not going to replace a TH racket for you in US.

19. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    One would not of gone with TH if they realized that TH only comes in 4U when they popular version is actually the 3U.

20. nsync

nsync Regular Member

3u & 4u are personal preferences :D
    i believed there is some guy only can survive with 4u :D