Finding Coach

Discussion in 'USA West' started by CkcJsm, Dec 4, 2007.

1. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

Hey, I'm using cousins account. Name's Shirley.

Anyways, my families not really rich or anything. And I live in Milptas.
    And I need a coach.
    How much is the regular fee for a coach? Is their an inexpensive way to get a coach?
    Whats the coaching like in Smash City, and is is inexpensive?

I'm not really good.

2. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Bienvenue Shirley! I don't know what the training fees are like at Smash City (or elsewhere) but, from what I've seen, the coaching there appears to be pretty good -- they've had quite a few top junior players come out of that club.

I'm sure that private lessons, if available, would be rather expensive. You should call up Smash City and find out their rates for small classes. Also ask them if they have any special training sessions or camps for the holiday break.

You might also check out some of the community colleges in the area. Unfortunately, most of these classes are glorified open gyms -- very little instruction is given in most of these classes. If you can make it out to Cupertino on Sunday nights, they will have another Tournament Badminton class starting up soon.

For more info about Smash City and other place in the area, look under USA West in the Places to Play forum. Pose your questions or try a search in that sub-forum. (Note that Smash City and other clubs have their own sub-forums under USA West).

3. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

You could always befriend some more experienced players and get them to show you how to play.