Recruiting new members to CCC Badminton

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by chris-ccc, Dec 4, 2007.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
  2. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

As the summer season start, i hope CCC could get an influx of players from other clubs which close during the summer for the next couple of weeks (doncaster is one of them).

To all our new players, i hope we could all remind them that we never close during summer.

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC is never closed during summer

Hi hkhung,

It's great to have you back posting again.

You have been missing for 40 days and 40 nights. :confused::confused::confused:

Cheers... chris@ccc
    :):):)

4. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

You see, after what "happened before", i need to post things with a more important nature instead of just chit chat. otherwise, i might get in trouble again.

After talking to some people from doncaster last nite, it seems that money is the last thing on people's mind when it comes to choosing the place to play. They were more interested in the where and when is it.

Some people even ask about the quality of game they will get at CCC. And this point of "having a good environment where everybody feel welcome" has been emphasized numerously at supper time as a key mission statement of CCC.

#4 hkhung, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC Badminton's unique system for selecting players for the next game

Hi hkhung,

Hehehe... Some people even ask about the quality of game they will get at CCC. You will have to explain to them that we have an unique system for selecting players for the next game. :D:D:D

BTW, our Wednesday night session is picking up. Last night, Wed 12-Dec-2007, we had 16 attending (3 CATS Trainees and 13 Social Players).

And, regarding DTBA, I have been informed that their last session for 2007 wil be on Sunday 16-Dec-2007, and their first session for 2008 will be on Monday 21-Jan-2008. Is this correct ?

Cheers... chris@ccc

#5 chris-ccc, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  6. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

You must be excited about this as you were typing away at the unhoy hours at 3:28am.

correct. By the way, did you enjoy your pizza at DTBA last nite?

as you know, i am also trying to organise dinner for doncaster. We agree to go to kam po at forest hill (which is sistershop of the glen waverley oceanking).

apparently no one can make this sat day nite. next sat day is very close to christmas so unless we can book now, it's not an option.

Another option is sunday (highly unlikely as people want to work), the whole thing is off.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

hkhung to organise the Kam Po dinner for CCC ?

Hi hkhung,

:confused::confused::confused: Last night, I was with our CCC players for supper at Ocean King, after our Wednesday night session.

BTW, why not organise the Kam Po dinner for CCC, since DTBA has already had their Xmas dinner.

Cheers... chris@ccc

8. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

well, i would certainly do that... on one condition that there are 5 people who are committed to come this friday nite.

as you see, this idea of social function start 2 sundays ago. So i had 2 tuesdays to do that for doncaster and hoping to talk more about it this past sunday. And surprise surprise, that person who i was hoping to organise with did not show up. Still i could not make things happen.

regarding to social function, i honestly think we are up against it, cos the proposed date cannot be this sat day due to lack of time for organising. so we are looking at 22/12.

also bearing in mind the slight possibilty of having more people on the nite.

look, Chris. while having some of the experience or organsing(glenferrie hotel comes to mind), i think you understand why i would refuse to organise another function without a reasonable amount of people coming. And 5 is a reasonable number, rite?

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Kam Po dinner for CCC

Just check this with everyone at our CCC@Waverley session tomorrow, Friday 14-Dec-2007.

10. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

i must remember to make this announcement at the beginning of the nite when you give a welcome speech.

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Recruiting new members for our CCC Badminton Club

Greetings,

We are again recruiting new members for our CCC Badminton Club.
    Some of our players are leaving because of different reasons.

CCC is quite special because we have policies/objectives different from other clubs.
    We shall post our policies here:

(1) To promote Badminton to as many new players in Melbourne as possible. (We are a Community Club, not a Private Group of players)

(2) To look after all players, regardless of their skill levels. (We look after weaker players as well, not just the highly skilled ones)

(3) To have participation as the key to our enjoyment of Badminton, not the winning or losing. (We look after Social players as well, not just the Competitive ones)

(4) To prevent any
    segregation within our players. (We encourage our players to play with every other players, and not to form different cliques at our sessions)

(5) T
    o select appropriate players for teams formation without bias/prejudice. (However, CCC members do have priorities over our CCC visitors)

(6) To promote all 5 events, namely;

Mens Singles
    Womens Singles
    Mens Doubles
    Womens Doubles, and
    Mixed Doubles

(When attendances are bigger, Doubles do have priorities over Singles)

Cheers... chris-ccc

#11 chris-ccc, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC is a Community Club, not a Private Group of players

We are getting many mails asking many questions about our CCC Badminton Club.

My suggestion: Just come to have a look. Even better, come and play. You will then see how we run our club (as per policies/objectives posted above).