SOTX Woven 8A (Looking for more power but...)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Juneau, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Juneau

Juneau Regular Member

Could anyone give me some information about this raquet please? I'm currently in Hong Kong and looking to pick up an attacking racket which won't compromise defensive ability too much. This was suggested to me as a possible alternative to the AT500. At 770HKD strung with case it's an attractive prospect price wise but I can only find reviews of the Woven 8 and not the 8A.

Also are the MP99/100 less compromising as regards defence and control than the AT 500? I guess this may be thecase as they are less headheavy?

Would it maybe be a better idea to move straight to the NS9k? I doubt that it would be given that I have heard that it is unforgiving to those whose technique isn't (near)perfect like myself.

If it helps I only play doubles competitively. Sorry for such a long post.

Thanks in advance!

2. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Get the ti10. Its quite a good attacking racket, without compromising defense.

3. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Just fyi, woven 8 and 8a are the same. Just a different colour. I have both of them, they are good rackets.

4. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    NS9000S isn't too punishing; it's the X that'll hurt if you dont' have the technique.

5. crashandburn

crashandburn Regular Member

badminton player
    Get mp99 if you are beginnner to low intermidiate level....
    I dont think Ti10 would be a good choice honestly.
    Ns9k type S is also and option....

6. danny_m

danny_m Regular Member

hey, where did u find the sotx in HK? U wouldn't happen to see the price for woven 5a, did u? I'm going back to HK next week, and wanna pick up a sotx too!

7. Juneau

Juneau Regular Member

Racket Shop on Fa Yueng Street in Mong Kok stocks SOTX at what seemed to me to be pretty reasonable prices. All prices included strings and case with, what seemed to be, some room to negotiate if you're picking up any extra strings, grips etc. He also has another brand beginning with "Ki" or has Ki on the rackets but I can't for the life of me remember which it was...

I'll look into the NS9ks; given how much cheaper it is over here I have to say that I'm tempted!

Thanks for letting me know that it's only a style difference with the 8 and the 8a. I'm seriously thinking of picking that up as, from the reviews on here, it seems to be very close to what I'm looking for in a racket at a very good price.