Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by subiesubie, Dec 5, 2007.

1. subiesubie

subiesubie New Member

If you guys check out the introduction, i am new to this badminton game. I just started a month ago and find out this game is addictive and fun. Not so much of power but reflex. That makes me impress. Guys, as a new beginner like me, I just want to ask, What i should do to improve my skills? How should i begin with? I think i really need some basic skills as of this status. Can you guys help me on this ? I know it is very general question, but i would like to hear from different ppl. Thank you

2. Phuong

Phuong Regular Member

This is where u are wrong :p

For beginer practicing strokes is a must. It'll help u improve ur hit and prevent injure in future

3. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Regular Member

Engineer

Hi Subiesubie,

Maybe the most important thing a beginner can do is find a local badminton gym/club and take a few lessons. This will give you a good foundation of the basics to build on. I myself have never taken a lesson in my life and have spent a significant amount of time (years) unlearning bad habits.

4. catzbig

catzbig New Member

Badminton Coach
    Learn the proper strokes

It's important, especially at the beginning, to already learn the correct techniques so you won't have to "unlearn" the wrong ones later on. The better your technique, the more you'll enjoy the sport: you'll be able to send the shuttle accurately to anywhere on the court you aim for, with enough speed and power.

You can get a lot of tips for free on the Internet: youtube (type "badminton instruction"), you can go to badmintonsite.com where they have free videos, or you can get our book which teaches you everything you need to know in easy-to-understand terms with lots of pictures and examples:

http://instructoons.com/book/

5. subiesubie

subiesubie New Member

thanks

Thank you for you guys idea. I kinda get that i need a coach and just learn some basic skills. Yesterday, i found some coach in my area which is california LA, they cost about 35-45 an hour plus you have to book the court. It's sort of expensive to me as i am student here.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    just hit around at first and get few tips from other players before getting coached. That would save u some money. I know many players learned just from watching others and playing, no coaching but i mean up to B level.

7. Baddyfanatic

Baddyfanatic Regular Member

Student
    Watch and learn from videos online and techniques information online

By Googleing everything you do not know =]

8. Elixau

Elixau Regular Member

If you have some friends that know how to play badminton well, you can ask them to share some tips with you =D
    You could also try to search up some instructional video on the internet.

9. Phuong

Phuong Regular Member

u dont have to get a coach to get better. What u can do is play with lot of better players and ask them how to do this and do that. I'm sure they'll be happy to give u some tips or even practice with u.