Sumai's auctions?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by xiadane, Dec 5, 2007.

1. xiadane

xiadane Regular Member

After doing quite a bit of research off these forums (thanks!) I decided to buy myself a Nanospeed 7700 off sumai03 on eBay.

I directly BIN'd and so far have no received a response from him. Not really all that worried, but just wondering how long it may take and if I did anything wrong. Because I looked back at his page and it said to mail him before I bid (which I didn't) and pay him through paypal with an email address(which I didn't because I directly BIN'd it off the page).

Or maybe I should just stop over-thinking this?

2. February

February Regular Member

I just bought something from him and I'm not getting a response from him either...hopefully he's too busy to check his e-mail rather than something intentional. I've been waiting for 2 days for his e-mail now...anytime now would be pretty nice

3. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    sumai03 is legit. selling good real yonex. maybe you guys shall wait awhile.....

4. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

don't pay yet.
    just let him respond first.
    he's probably busy with some family matters, or maybe theres osme dispute with another buyer. who knows. he's usually real good with his stuff.
    if theres some delay, its probalby not his fault.

just don't pay for it, and let him get back to you first. if worse comes to worse, mail him again in a bit.
    sometimes sellers get removed form active status, and if this is the case, dont' worry about it. they will come back.

theres been a couple good sellers of yonex products who got hit with fraudulant transactions in the last little bit, so maybe (but hopefully not), its sumai's turn now. but in any case, they all came back as if nothing happened.

basically thumbs up for him. give it time.

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

He is good. just wait for a day for email or respond.

6. xiadane

xiadane Regular Member

Well I clicked the BIN and input all my credit card information and on the status it has the little money symbol which is supposed to mean that I paid. When I got back to the auction page for the 7700 it says committed to pay. I'm really confused as to whether I already paid or not?

7. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

check your credit card statements online, or call your financial institution and find out whether or not the amount has been deducted from your account/balance.

8. xiadane

xiadane Regular Member

thank you chickenpoodle. called the credit card and said the money was already sent via paypal to sumai so hopefully he will either reply soon or i will recieve the racket in a week or so :)

9. xiadane

xiadane Regular Member

So it's approaching a month since I've ordered the racket and it has not arrived yet.

First email sent recieved a reply from Sumai saying that he would ship the racket out ASAP and that I recieve it within a week. A week passed and there was no racket... Then I got a notice from eBay saying that I had not paid for the racket. My credit card statement had $165 dollars sent through PayPal. So went and emailed Sumai again. After emailing Sumai several times he finally replied, saying that eBay messed up and that he did recieve payment. Another week passed and emailed him again... recieved a reply of him saying that the shipment had been messed up and that it would arrive in a week (said for the second time).

Come home from vacation and is fairly relieved that there is a notice on my door from UPS.

Today I called to arrange to pick up the package at the customer center and the operator told me that the shipment was from Sam's Wine. I have not ordered anything else online since purchasing the racket. So either Sumai has not even sent me the racket I paid $165 dollars for. Or he's having some fun and pranking me. Hm. I don't like either of those ideas.

10. silentheart

1) the racquet is shipped from Thailand. It usually takes about 2~3 weeks normal time.
    2) Since you bought it at during Christmas season, I would not be surprised to see it is delay to get to Chicago.
    3) He send by Thailand post office express mail.
    4) Next time ask around BCBF to see if any one can help you getting Yonex items in Chicago area.

11. xiadane

xiadane Regular Member

So if he told me that he re-shipped it again a week ago. I should wait another week?

12. silentheart

Last time I order from him, it took about 2 weeks and that is in Oct. May I ask when did he say it was shipped out? After all you need to factor into the lazy @ss at USPS over the holiday season. 1 day for Christmas, 1 day for New Year, 1 extra day for delay in custom.

13. xiadane

xiadane Regular Member

I think the last time I recieved an email from him was around the 18-19.

But the shipment from Sam's Wine is really strange...

14. silentheart

Just go pick the wine. Let me know what kind of wine it is. If it is good and with the money, I am welling to trade some Yonex racquet with you.

15. xiadane

xiadane Regular Member

Haha. Great :)

Thanks for your help btw. I'll wait a little bit longer.

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Shipping during holidays could be a nightmare, and try your very best to avoid it. The orders are usually delayed, and the rate of being damaged is xxxxx times more. Kicking in the international factor, it will be a hell.

Go to pick up the package 1st, and see if you are satisfied or not. From BC/BF review, sumai03 is reputable, and many of the things you listed above might be well out of his control (ebay / paypal paying method, international shipping, etc)

17. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    1 week

I've bought from him a few times now. Usually, it only takes a week to arrive here in Canada. Besides, I'm in a small town, so a week is pretty good for me.
    In the past, his responds to my e-mails have always been not satisfactory either. If you pay by PayPal, you should be safe. However, waiting for a month is not a good thing either.

18. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Any update??? :rolleyes:

19. xiadane

xiadane Regular Member

Ah! Received the racket two days ago. I haven't had the time to try it out yet.

Took a heck of a lot longer than it should have. We bought it on December 04.

20. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Glad that at least you did recieve it. Make sure next time do follow his preferred paying option, and most important, never do any shipping during major holiday season. :p

Now, you can enjoy it. :)