User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As others have stated badminton shoes unfortunately do not last long, although the sole looks fine the padding/cushion between the insole and gum will have compacted. I thought changing the insole would help make the shoe last a bit longer but I'm afraid it doesn't especially if you play on a hard gym floor. Its best to just change the shoe completely rather than risk injuring your legs.

My pair of badminton shoes probably lasted 6-9 months but then again I only play on hard gym floors and tend to play a lot of jump smashes cause i play alot of mens doubles. (Playing on sprung wooden floor might cause your shoes to last a bit longer.)

It may seems alot of money to spend on changing shoes every 6 months or so, for example Yonex SHB 100 MX are around 52 online here in the UK, so 104 for a years worth of badminton. Sure for some it may seems alot spend if you're short on cash but i would pay that price rather than causing myself permanent injury to my legs in the long run. After all you spend alot of time on your feet/legs, do what you can to take care of them, if not you might not be playing much of any sport let alone badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine last about 6 months to 1 year..i play badminton quite rapidly..The only thing that a good shoe will wear is the ground sole..esp the left one,around the foot thumb position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah, what the hell?! I've had my yonex SHB 90 for 2 years now. I play regularly about twice a week for 4 hours in total. I haven't noticed any of the compressing of the cushion others have talked about. To me the grip still looks good, bit harder/dry but not really worn down and they prevent any injuries, what more do you want? The only problem I had was the insoles which had a big hole worn in them! But replace that and as good as new no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me, most shoes will last only 6-8 months. because i'm too heavy, causing the cushioning to go bust sooner than most people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all this talk about shoes lasting X months or X years means nothing. you should be asking how many hours of actual play time the shoes last for. some people play 2 hours a week, whereas some play 10 hours. it's not inconceivable then that the former's shoes will last about 4-5 times longer than the latter's, so that's a far better measure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Shoes to last.

Hi,
    I used to play almost 5 to 6 times per week if I am not outstation. Bought Asics(4),Mizuno(2),Yonex(3). I am getting a warning from my wife bcos my shoes closet are filled with my badminton and sport shoes.There are four pairs in China. Well, I use to rotate in wearing those shoes, same as using my rackets.Forgot how long it lasts but definitely more than 1 yr.
    I dont sell shoes if I find them uncomfortable or unsuitable. Just pass it to my brother or museum it.
    Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my copy brand shoe lasted only 2 months =.=
    now its starting to lose traction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 99LTD lasted me 2 years before it started to tear. Now i am using the 100LTD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know...if yonex shoes would last sooo much longer if they sold power cushions individually >_>...but then again, it's a business...my 100MXs have lasted me 2 monthes now, and my cushion already has been close to flattened...my previous shoes were before my higher level training, and i had RBK court shoes with Dr. Sholl's insoles LOL...2 pairs of them lasted me 3-4 years...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Badminton shoes are like strings. Both have elasticity and over time will lose some of it. Shoes may show no wear but after 6 months they harden a bit. Strings may last more than 3 months but they lose their punch. Its best to replace them instead of waiting for them to show signs of wear and tear. I got this from my foot podiatrist who did quite a good job getting my troublesome leg almost back to normal. He also asked me to throw away my badminton shoes which still looked very good to me, and insisted that I get a new pair. I gave my old pair to a friend and biught a new pair. It does make a difference.
    I do agree with Taneepak here. my previous shoes still look good but I start to have pain on my knee. I never realise shoe is the culprit since the pain not on my feet or heel. apparently the insole has flatten and harden and causing more stress on my knee.
    However on my new shoes, the insole also has hole and after replacing the insole, the new insole just last 2 months and has hole right through again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for best perofrmance shoes should really be replaced more frequently than what most players do (it is of course also an economic issue)...

good reading:

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/t...placeshoes.htm

cheers,
    Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXazn_romeoXx View Post
    you know...if yonex shoes would last sooo much longer if they sold power cushions individually >_>...but then again, it's a business...my 100MXs have lasted me 2 monthes now, and my cushion already has been close to flattened...my previous shoes were before my higher level training, and i had RBK court shoes with Dr. Sholl's insoles LOL...2 pairs of them lasted me 3-4 years...
    what is the power cushion exactly? i still don't understand, is it the insole? or something built into the bottom of the shoe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lostatse View Post
    what is the power cushion exactly? i still don't understand, is it the insole? or something built into the bottom of the shoe?
    it's the "specially built" insole that's inside the yonex shoes...they actually differ in low and high end shoes, but supposedly, you can drop an egg on them, and it'll bounce back up ...a video shows it on the yonex site, but it also says JP version only ...but i really think it's nothing that much more special than the other insoles out there...i'm already looking to replace mine with superfeet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXazn_romeoXx View Post
    it's the "specially built" insole that's inside the yonex shoes...they actually differ in low and high end shoes, but supposedly, you can drop an egg on them, and it'll bounce back up ...a video shows it on the yonex site, but it also says JP version only ...but i really think it's nothing that much more special than the other insoles out there...i'm already looking to replace mine with superfeet
    Ahhh, thanks so much for that! Finally now I know. That's really a bit of a joke if you ask me, cos my "power cushion" insoles wore out on the big toe area for both insoles! (burnt a hole straight through) I have replaced them with some gel insoles from footlocker, which come with a a year guarantee. They are actually a really good replacement, with nice thick gel cushioning pad (1.5cm thick/tall) at the heel end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Superfeet insoles are quite expensive, though, at least judging from their site, they're $39.99 USD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumaranai View Post
    Superfeet insoles are quite expensive, though, at least judging from their site, they're $39.99 USD.
    definately, but enough BCers have recommended it, and i think it's worth a look into it...besides, once the power cushion wears out on the yonex shoes (even if the shoe has no wear and tear), it becomes a waste of the shoe and like stated above, it's just not a clear economic idea to buy new court shoes every 6-8 monthes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default how long do your shoes last?

my pair of badminton shoes, have lasted less then a year, I mean they still work, but they have gone very flimsy in terms of support, there feels like there is no support as the material is all worn out, is this what I am to expect, to change shoes every year, as that seems a lot of money...

The sole is still perfect, which is why I am confused!

I've been trying out new shoes at my shop, they definately feel better, a lot more sturdy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast