User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I play 5 days a week, several hours each time including training, SHB100MX lasted 3 months. Life span ofthe shoes increases to about 6-9 months when I play about 2-3 times a week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the socks is something we often overlooked.

It acts as a cushioning between our feet and shoes. Socks probably can last about max 6 months, then it becomes thin after repeated washings.

I am no podiatrist, but I strongly feel that having a good pair of socks and tying your shoes tightly will prevent the insides of the shoe from slipping and causing the toes from crashing and tearing the upper support, especially when lunging.

My shb90MX has show signs of tear, after 1.5 years. Time for shoe shopping, just like the ladies.
    Last edited by Badmintan; 01-09-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the duration of the shoes depends on usage. If you play regular, it is natural that wear and tear happens. Also, it depends on how you run on the court helps as well. A good pair of socks and another sole pad does helps.

I would prefer to invest in cheaper shoes like $50 each. Then I can change to nicer design after its torn. Change it faster. I can like buy 3 pairs on normal brands compared to buying 1 pair on so called branded ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badmintan, I need your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Badmintan View Post

It acts as a cushioning between our feet and shoes. Socks probably can last about max 6 months, then it becomes thin after repeated washings.

I am no podiatrist, but I strongly feel that having a good pair of socks and tying your shoes tightly will prevent the insides of the shoe from slipping and causing the toes from crashing and tearing the upper support, especially when lunging.

My shb90MX has show signs of tear, after 1.5 years. Time for shoe shopping, just like the ladies.
    Only noticed that you are in Singapore, so would you please advise where to buy yonex and mizuno shoes (authentic ones) in Singapore. I mean it can be unofficial stores. Like in Bangkok, there are some badminton stores, located near the national stadium, selling yonex badminton equipments (including shoes) for lower price than the official yonex shop. Unfortunately, my shoes size was sold out. I'm from Bangkok, Thailand. I will go to Singapore in next two weeks....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Badmintan View Post

Only noticed that you are in Singapore, so would you please advise where to buy yonex and mizuno shoes (authentic ones) in Singapore. I mean it can be unofficial stores. Like in Bangkok, there are some badminton stores, located near the national stadium, selling yonex badminton equipments (including shoes) for lower price than the official yonex shop. Unfortunately, my shoes size was sold out. I'm from Bangkok, Thailand. I will go to Singapore in next two weeks....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go through shoes every 3 to 4 months. The latest Mizunos were looking great but the left inside sole has worn so thin that the glue from shoe to sole has now worn and has broken loose. I have tried Reeboks, Asics, and Mizunos. The Mizunos gave the best cushioning in my knees and heels as I like to jump smash. Can anyone recommend a pair of shoes, (OK, just a left shoe) that has a long lasting inner sole? I play 3 to 4 sessions a week 2 to 3 hours at a time. Average 8 hours a week currently, then 12 hours per week when I help coach next month. I think I move very quickly and use my inner left foot as my balance/brake for deep lunges and my left toe for a brake to slow down coming straight in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

put shoes in the freezer for a day or 2 > bacteria die > smell disappears!!

You're welcome :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXazn_romeoXx View Post
    you know...if yonex shoes would last sooo much longer if they sold power cushions individually >_>...but then again, it's a business...my 100MXs have lasted me 2 monthes now, and my cushion already has been close to flattened...my previous shoes were before my higher level training, and i had RBK court shoes with Dr. Sholl's insoles LOL...2 pairs of them lasted me 3-4 years...

Agreed - I was just now thinking, wouldn't it be easy, cool and cheep if the cushioning or gel or whatever was like a replacable unit that you could pop into a socket or something

you could even change the cushioning of your shoe depending on circumstances etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im using my 4th pair in almost 6 years now.
    First pair was some crappy rucanor, not even real badminton shoes, but I just started playing to I didn't care. Played on those for about 2 years, then I felt like I needed some proper badminton shoes since I was beginning to understand the game and sometimes I felt my shoes were holding me back.
    Second was Victor, lasted me about 1,5 year.
    Third was Babolat, lasted me about 1,5 year.
    Now I am using Victor again, for about 7 month now. Side of the sool of left shoe is a already very flat, all the rest is ok. Guess I have a drag in some of my footwork :P

Next pair (probably in september, when new competition season starts) I think I am going to try out Asics or Adidas. Heard good stories about both, being comfortable for heavier people with wide feet and being good value for money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My shoes last about 3/4th of a season, I have Asics now but they aren't snug enough for me.

i play an average of 9 hours a week I'd say....

Next week I'm gonna go for these I think:

Name:  SHB_01MX.JPG (JPEG-afbeelding, 800x800 pixels) - Mozilla Firefox_2013-05-09_11-31-09.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  174.9 KB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4