YY nanospeed 9000 stringing

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Inconsistent, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Inconsistent

Inconsistent Regular Member

Student
    Hi, me again another stringing issue :X....
    I was wondering when stringing the YY nanospeed 9000 how should I get the string through the holes that have been covered up at the top. I believe it is a11 and some other one. For now I have been using the awl to move the string back to allow me to put the string through, but I believe this can damage the racquet as I've seen some paint come off there.
    Thanks.

2. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

Prestring the top 6/7 crosses before tensioning the mains.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Prestringing is definitely the safest way to do this, but you'll have to prestring ALL of the crosses if you are doing a bottom-up. However, shuffling the string to one side isn't too much of an issue as long as you use JUST enough force to sneak the cross around.

If you go top-down, prestring the crosses until you get past all the holes occupied by mains and carry on as normal.

4. angel tech

angel tech Regular Member

Cut the end of the string at 45 degrees with a sharp pair of scissors, and make sure it's fresh not crumpled. Use a pair of small smooth jawed pliers and grip the string about 1-2mm from the frame and gently push the string into the grommet, after a few attempts you'll get the hang of it and you'll soon see the string appear the other side.

5. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

Be carefull when using a string mover etc with NANOGY 95 string. The outer sheath gets damaged very easily and even when tying off with a half hitch. I use a half hitch to lock the tension before finishing with a figure of eight. Never had a problem with BG65, 65ti or 68ti. Nanogy95 I have to be more careful and use a two awls to try to keep the tension while tying the half hitch.