Wrist Pain ? How Many Grips A Player Use On Racket?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by khan09, Dec 9, 2007.

1. khan09

khan09 Regular Member

GUYS i playing badminton for a 1.5 years . but now since few weeks; I experienced a slightly pain in my right hand wrist ( RIGHT HANDED PLAYER ) .
    GUYS MY most swings are correct & i griped racket correctly too.
    ANYONE knows why i have pain or how i can remove it.
    AND i always use single grip . HOW many grips u guys generally use and pro players too .
    OR might be my pain caused by using a single grip because i quiet easily feel the wood behind the grip
    GUYS plz help me to sort out that problem:

2. Ayame

Ayame Regular Member

Student, Martial Arts Instructor
    If you over-use or put too much pressure on your right hand, you might get tendonitits. If it is tendonitis, it'll only hurt when you move it around in a certain way, and not when you touch it. See a doctor.

3. xt6666

xt6666 Regular Member

Badminton Idol
    you play for 1.5 years and most of your swings are correct, and your grips too?

What do you mean with single grip?

Do you always hold the racket the same way or did you only wrap one single grip about your racket?

And as Ayame said: see a doctor!!!

4. deano493

deano493 Regular Member

still at school
    is it an over grip that u r usin or is it a regular grip u can tell by the thickness of the grip

5. YinLoung

YinLoung Regular Member

I have this problem too but if you let it rest, it shoul heal n time. I'm actually experiencing it...I'm letting it rest for a while and it's getting better.

6. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

having a single thin grip where you can feel the wood very easily underneath isn't the real problem i think. while it may be, i think it lies elsewhere.
    me and a lot of other players use a single overgrip directly on the wood without problems. some tolerate it better than others.

handle size, grip thickness, the intensity and duration of your workout, technique, and eveyrthing else others have said plays a big part.
    sometimes its just overuse, and it'll get better with a few days or a week of rest. if you haven't been hitting the courts all that much, its maybe the equipment, or improper technique.

if you can narrow something down, it'll help.

if you're at a total loss at what it may be, and it still hurts, go check the doctor right away.