SEA Games 2007: Team Event FINAL

Discussion in 'South East Asian Games 2007 - Badminton' started by badMania, Dec 9, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

INDONESIA vs SINGAPORE, matches start at 2pm

Matchups in the WOMEN'S TEAM:
    WS1: Maria Kristin Yulianti vs Li Li -- tough to predict...a 50-50 match and it could go either way.

WD1: Vita Marissa/Lilyana Natsir vs Jiang Yanmei/Frances Liu Fan -- a weakened pairing for SIN means that INA MUST take this point down.

WS2: Adriyanti Firdasari vs Xing Aiying -- Firda has a slight edge and she needs to win this one.

WD2: Jo Novita/Greysia Polii vs Li Yujia/Shinta Mulia Sari -- this is the point SIN must win to have any chance at all in winning the overall tie. However, Jo/Greysia have the edge.

WS3: Pia Bernadet Zebadiah vs Fu Mingtian -- this match may not even be played....we'll see.

INA should win this one 3-1 if Maria lost the first point to Li Li.

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Singapore in the final!!!

What happened to Malaysia Boleh??

3. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    From the sport7<tv 7> presenter,she said that tv7 only show the men team final. So,i hope tvri will show the women match.Unfortunately,tvri starts the sea games live at 4 pm,so,i will miss 2 hour matches.

4. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    De-motivated by the football teams :eek:

5. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    come on indonesia!!

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Indonesia definately looks like the Favourite to win this event after Malaysia has decided not to field our TOp players due to injuries and tight tournament schedules. Good luck to Singapore... hope they can have an upset.

7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Uncle Loh, I see SG is doing a huge gamble in women's team final, by splitting up their top pair.

WS1: Maria Kristin Yulianti vs Li Li -- Li Li is well rested, but I rate Maria 2nd best SEA WS after WMC. Point for Indonesia 1-0.

WD1: Vita Marissa/Lilyana Natsir vs Jiang Yanmei/Frances Liu Fan -- free point due to weakened 1st pair, point for Indonesia 2-0

WS2: Adriyanti Firdasarivs Xing Aiying -- Firda was not impressive against Soratja yesterday, despite her defeat to Julia Wong, I will root for Xing for this one, point for SG, 2-1 INA lead.

WD2: Jo Novita/Greysia Polii vs Li Yujia/Shinta Mulia Sari -- As BadMania said, this is the point SIN must win to have any chance at all in winning the overall tie. Very unlikely, INA to win tie 3-1. However, should the unlikely happen ....... jeng, jeng, jeng ........ :eek::D:eek:

WS3: Pia Bernadet Zebadiah vs Fu Mingtian -- it will be a matter of nerves between 2 young players, anyone can win this .......... ;). At this point, momentum would be on SG's side.

8. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    ayo Indonesia...and good luck to my two cuties Rani Mundiasti and Maria Kristin

9. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    what about mens? 5-0? :(

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Oh I didn't see the draw. But our no.1 women's pair has been split before. I think Singapore is trying to win at least one doubles but I hope they win the first one to give us more chance.

Of course we must win at least one singles before the third tie so that we remain in contention. Fingers crossed. :)

11. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Men's Team is a foregone conclusion, in fact I would say yesterday's semis between INA vs THA should have been the final.

INA to take it 3-0 or 3-1.

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    No-lah. Max is 3-0 lah. Indonesia will not make us too malu! :D

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yeah.. it will be a bonus if its 2-3.

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MEN'S TEAM probable matches:
    MS1: Taufik Hidayat vs Ronald Susilo or Kendrick Lee Yen Hui -- Ronald is rested as he sustained a wrist injury. Taufik has an edge over either player.

MD1: Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan vs Hendri Kurniawan Saputra/Hendra Wijaya -- this is the point SIN HAS TO WIN and INA can lose this one. Kido/Hendra have been playing non-stop since Kejurnas (16 matches including yesterday's), compared to Hendri/Hendra (only 1 yesterday). Still, Kido/Hendra have the edge, although I will not be surprised if they lose this one :cool:

MS2: Sony Dwi Kuncoro vs Kendrick Lee Yen Hui or Ashton Chen Yong Zhao -- Sony has an edge over either players too.

MS3: Simon Santoso vs Derek Wong Zi Liang -- young Derek Wong might surprise us if the match isn't over by now....still, Simon should win this one.

MD2: Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi vs Kendrick Lee Yen Hui/Khoo Kian Teck -- again, may not be played and AG/Joko should take this one easily.

I predict its either 3-0 or 3-1 to Team INA.

15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Vita/Lilyana are unbeaten by any SEA WD pairs so far, so I don't think they will oblige you and lose to a scratch combination. :D

SG has a better chance of nabbing both the 1st 2 singles matches. Now that is not impossible. Li Li vs Maria, Xing vs Firda, each can beat the other. In fact, if the scores are 2-2 after 4 matches, I would expect SG's 2 points coming from the 1st 2 singles.

What is interesting to see is how the 2 youngsters playing 3rd singles would react if they are called in to determine their team's fate ...... :eek: reminds me of Zhang Ning vs Mia in 1994 Uber Cup finals ........ only one of them played well that night.

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

If Li Li lost to Maria Kristin, then, INA will just need the 2 doubles to seal the tie.

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yeah, I hope our two singles will play their hearts out for a win! :D

18. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

From official web, the order-to-play for Women's Team Final is WS1-WS2-WS3-WD1-WD2. INA needs GOLD to upgrade its position which stuck at 6th until today meanwhile tiny country SIN is so unbelievable, standing at third place in medal table. Come on Merah Putih, rebut Emas!

#18 CLELY, Dec 9, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

... and maybe also by our hockey team that finished last in the Champions Trophy.

20. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    Not surprise me that singapore at third position medal standing,cos so many chinese players were nationalized to become its citizen.
    Vietnam is amazing.They grow up so fast.