Rest in Peace....!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by crashandburn, Dec 11, 2007.

1. crashandburn

crashandburn Regular Member

badminton player
    We played in County cup competition last night and lost by 14 points in total.

I broke my new Ns9K type X for the second time this year....the fifth broken rackets in total this year and 8 rackets with broken string...!!

Clashed with my partner Yonex Muscle Power 630....his racket only had a tiny scrathes.......:crying:

But that is not it....someone actually DIED last night, RIP.
    One of our opponent had a car accident just after the tournament.

Here goes the story.....

"......we noticed that the time was 11.30pm and the temperature is -2 Celcius. It was very cold and frost started to form on the car's windscreen. We began our journey home along the village and farm little winding roads. The journey was quite long. **** was driving within the speed limit (30mph, although I had a suspicion that she drove a little bit more than that) when we came accros some icy patch on the road. Apparently there was a little stream of water running accross the road and it just went frozen. The car wobbled a bit when we passed through it but when we look further in front we suddenly realised that there is a car lying upside down next to the road. We stopped immediately and ****'s car who was following us also stopped.

****, **** and **** immediately went to that car and to our horror, the driver was one of the ***** ladies player as we found a badminton kit and the score sheet. I think the ladies knew the driver and they suspected that it was ***** but it was quite dark and they just can't see the driver's face clearly. She was unconscious and therefore did not respond to our call. The driver area was quite crushed and *** can only reach for her hand. She thought that she can feel a faint pulse. We immediately called the rescue and wait for the help to arrive. There is nothing that we can do except positioning our cars in such a way that other drivers coming into that direction will take an extra care when passing that icy patch on the road.

Two fire engines, an ambulance and several police cars arrived after 15-20 minutes and they immediately went into action. The policeman took our statements and after 10 minutes we are allowed back to our car. On the way back to ****'s car, I noticed that the firemen have already extracted that driver out of the car but they just laid her down and cover her face with a white cloth. Only then I realised that she is already dead as the paramedics did not try to rush the victim back to their ambulance.

Sorry for ******, just had to make people involved anonymous..!

#1 crashandburn, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

holy ****, that's really bad.
    you might want to check your last paragraph, you left someone's name in there.
    my condolences ...

3. crashandburn

badminton player
    Edit

Hi Administrator.....please could you delete the name in the last paragraph...I can't edit anymore...

here goes the link for official news....

www.lancasterbadminton.org

4. Armor_tec_14

Armor_tec_14 Regular Member

School..Dont have one :P
    Oh , I hate hearing about these stories :( , They are so sad , I just can't imagine what her family are going through.

5. Zero_Cool

Zero_Cool Regular Member

badminton
    Condolences........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    sorry to hear about this news, very unfortunate and sad that u saw it first hand. I think black ice is the cause as it is almost invisible at night.
    was she wearing a seat belt when you first found her inside the car?

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Wow, really to sorry to hear the news..

..my condolences as well to the family grieving~quite sad..:(...Was her car the only one involved in the accident or there were possibly other vehicles??..:confused:
    *Btw, the link to the news mentioned the person's name..

8. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    My condolences to the victim and the family. I hate hearing these stories, they are all sad :(

9. crashandburn

badminton player
    She was the only one involved, basically lost control due to icy road surface.

She was wearing seat belt, but coz the car crashed upside down, couldn't even see the widesreen anymore....imagine car upside down with no roof, that's how bas it was....

Name mentioned on the news, I suppose it's OK now.....just dont want to mention people who were together with me that night.

Be safe...

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    r u saying she was driving a convertible?

11. crashandburn

badminton player
    NO...i meant the car crashed so hard that it turned upside down and the roof was flatened like a convertible car.

Sorry didn't explain it well...