AT900T comparison real vs. fake

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by webolution, Dec 12, 2007.

1. webolution

webolution Regular Member

I have recently bought a genuine YONEX AT900T and at the same time was offered a 'copy' manufactured by Nano.
    I bought the rackets in Malaysia via a professional player, the AT900T was 600RM, the Nano 89RM.
    Both rackets are strung with BG66 at 27lbs.

Both rackets have excellent handling, quite precise for net and drop shots. The AT900T is slightly more head-heavy than the copy by Nano, not noticeable whilst holding but noticeable during smashing. The AT900T provides decent smashing power and good steep shots.
    The copy still has ok smashing power but the shots are a bit more flat.

The paint job on both rackets is excellent and they look just alike (except that the Nano is called 'power').

I would not like to miss my AT900T anymore but I must say that I am quite impressed with the overall performance, the feel and the look of the Nano too...

Added pictures of the 2 rackets

Attached Files:

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    is that copy-cat vibrates while hitting hard??

3. webolution

The Nano behaves pretty much the same as the AT900T when it comes to hard smashing, quite stiff, no vibration.

4. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    i like the fake one..LOL

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Hehe..i got that two as well.I bought it both at china,guilin.AT900 i bought it for 1180rmb,which is cheaper that urs.It's 4u/g4..n i felt that it's quite heavy already.Strung at 24*25.

Bought my nano900 power for 290rmb,which is more expensive than urs.Strung at 26*24.However,i felt much comfy while playing with the nano.The grip is smaller than the AT900,that's why.U know what?I got a way to make the nano head's slightly heavier.Just open the bottom,n there's something round,that covers the hole of the cone.Take it away.N there u have the 30+ cm balance point.

I prefer to play double with my nano,since it's more comfortable to play with.Besides,i don't wanna risk my AT900 to clash in doubles.The smashes r ok now.AT900 is packed with more power,n i can feel that the AT900's frame r stronger than the nano.AT900 can do a full court clear effortless,while with the nano,a full clear felt like my other racket.Even though they're both 4u,but i felt that the AT900 is slightly heavier than the nano.

6. Armor_tec_14

Armor_tec_14 Regular Member

School..Dont have one :P
    WOW I like the fake one , and you got it so cheap Haha

7. webolution

Yeah, I like it too ... and I will try to remove the 'thing' in the cone to make it more head heavy ... that will make it an almost equal racket to the real stuff ...
    Thinking of buying one more for doubles with inexperienced players ... it looks like they are manufactured here in Malaysia, that is maybe because it is even cheaper than in China..