Does this count?

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by Ayame, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Ayame

Ayame Regular Member

Student, Martial Arts Instructor
    (I'm not sure if something like this has been posted before, but if it has please redirect me :p.

If the shuttle hits a part of your body and goes over the net, does it count as a point :confused:?

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yes, a point for your opponent;):p

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

You are too good...:)

4. Snowlait

Snowlait Regular Member

Well, since you have to hit the shuttlecock back to the other side with a racquet and.. if it hits your body, then it´s his point as you didn´t managed to get the racquet in the way, slowbie.

5. Ayame

Ayame Regular Member

I knew it didn't count! :eek:! I played a game a little while ago where the shuttle bounced off my opponent's head and onto my side. She claimed that it counted as a point for her. It was the winning point for her :crying:. I told her that we should just replay the point but then she simply walked away while mumbling that I was a sore loser and that the match was a waste of her time. For the sake of the younger ones around me, I did not reply.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    glad that u didn't replied (ie with a karate kick:p)

7. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

It must not be an important match. Otherwise, where's the referee or other players who might know better to support you?

8. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    Thats Funny :D

I think it's considered a fault when the shuttle touches any part of you (hair, body, clothing).

9. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    OMG you guys are too funny!:D

I bet that's what you would had done huh? Bust a no shadow on her!

10. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

At the beginning, everyone thought the shuttle hit Ayame's body, so the point went to her oppenent. But it turned out the other way around. Ayame should get the point :)

It's a joke since Ayame's a Martial Art Instructor, please don't take things literally :rolleyes:

11. Ayame

Ayame Regular Member

No, it wasn't really an important match, or so it seemed. We were just playing a singles tournament in school, for gym class. Most girls in my class can't even play well, so it was nothing special :rolleyes:. But the girl (let's call her mary :D) that I was playing against plays well, and we had this fire burning inside over a personal issue (for those of you who know, she was the one that "mistakened my goggles for hers" ;).) So I really wanted to beat her, but because of her lack of courtesy, I ended up losing.

It was really hard to focus that day because we had some kindergarteners in the other half of the gym for some presentation, and the curtains that divide the gym in to two wouldn't bugde.I challenged her again later on though, and ended up winning 5-21. Victory is sweet :).

By the way, most of the little kids weren't wawtching the presentation. They were distracted by the tournament behind them :p.

#11 Ayame, Dec 14, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  12. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I'm sure it's not a tournament. Otherwise you could have had a walkover over her walking-out before a winner was declared by a referee or recognized by organizers.

I'm glad things worked out for you at the end.

13. Ayame

Ayame Regular Member

Yeah, it was more of a mini competition.

14. Ayame

Ayame Regular Member

(Is there a reason for why you're italisizing my name? Just curious...)

For a second there, I was a little confused with how you knew I was an instructor, sort of freaked out actually, because I watched this movie in class about those internet predator freaks. And then after thinking for like 10mins. straight about it, I remembered that it was in my profile :p.

15. Phuong

Phuong Regular Member

is it high school?? if yes, then teh girl was right because they count point if the bird hit teh head and go to ur opponent side;). I know it's weird:p.

16. Ayame

Ayame Regular Member

(I really need to start muli-quoting messages :p)

I ment a verbal reply, but if it did get physical (which I would try avoiding because it's a game for goodness sakes :rolleyes:) I wouldn't be at a huge advantage or anything because "Mary" is also a martial artist, a degree lower, but still a black-belt. It would be quite the show for the little ones though, they'd get their time's worth :D .

17. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I'd like to italicize names so it makes them stand out. Just my habit. I wrote some scientific papers before, I still like things to be obvious like names, references, etc.

The second question, I clicked on you name on the left to see your profile. I joined the forum not long ago and only found this out recently that I should know more about the fellow BCers if possible. After all we’re here for the long haul. I had many arguments in the forum before and sometimes did not even recognize that I was arguing with BC lady players. I commented once on a female: "man, you are sharp, …" Now, you know why I do it. Take care.

#17 Birdwood, Dec 14, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  18. Ayame

Ayame Regular Member

I see, good point :).

19. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    wow, this mary and you seems to be competative in a lot of things, martial arts, badminton, swimming? (assuming swimming because of the goggles but it might be other sports that involves goggles :D)...arch nemesis huh? :)

20. Ayame

Ayame Regular Member

Lol, the goggles were for badminton (doubles, club regulations).

We're not really that competitive (anymore, that is), and not arch nemesises, but if we do happen to compete, we do it properly ^_^. She was in my kickboxing class a while ago. One day, our teacher asked us to show an example of a good sparring match.

It ended up getting a little too heated and it took 3 instructors to pry us apart. They were trying to break us up but at the same time trying to avoid the blows themselves. I was so focused on my strikes that I didn't even notice my intructor yelling at us. No one expected us to go on like that. The rest of the students were like wtf was that :eek:?! Funny thing was, we managed to block every single blow that we threw at eachother :p. It was sort of a useless match since there was no determined winner :rolleyes:.

"COUGH" Anyway :D... bottom line is that we're no longer as competitive, but there are those moments where we get lost in competition and go all out.