Malaysian Juniors 2008

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by erin_hakkinen, Dec 14, 2007.

1. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Hi all, new thread for the MJs! :D
    But this one isn't restricted to Project 2010-2012 squad only.
    We have a lot of upcoming juniors. Lim Khim Wah/Ng Hui Lin, Arif Latif, CKB, Lydia Cheah..just to name a few.

Chong Wei Feng won MS title for India International Challenge last week. Congrats Wei Fing Fong *ha
    Chan Peng Soon / Chang Hun Pin won MD title for India International Challenge.

Here's some of the videos of the MS winner in the tournament.
    He beat Chetan Anand and P. Kashyap! :cool:

http://www.indiachallenge.in/index.php?option=com_seyret&catid=3&Itemid=26

Me & yannie pray for more improvement next year.
    Hang in there. Never give up. Tomorrow is always better!
    Cuz me & yannie and so many other people have faith in you.
    Just do your best.

#1 erin_hakkinen, Dec 14, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  2. winnie

winnie Regular Member

woo hoo a new thread for MJ!! post more pics of MJ lerr.. hehe esp the upcoming 1

3. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Erin and I will post new info and hopefully new photos.
    Everyone is welcome to post in this thread. Winnie, welcome on board *ha

MJs, just carry on.

4. sweetluv

sweetluv Regular Member

congratulations~

5. meiying

meiying Regular Member

My dear Erin, you forgotten to name someone.Hahahaha.LMAO
    I think Tan Wee Kiong/Woon Khe Wei are good too. and of course also Lim Khim Wah and Mak Hee Chun.

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Dont only post Men's MJs.. must also post Girls MJ's also.

7. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    absolutely! Lydia Cheah, Julia Wong, Anita.. lots more. Others are most welcome to contribute also :)

8. avataar

avataar Regular Member

Let me start off with a pic of Chong Wei Feng

Attached Files:

9. avataar

avataar Regular Member

The Malaysian squad at the welcome ceremony at the India Challenger few days ago...

Attached Files:

10. anis n

anis n Regular Member

student
    congrats!!!
    im not too late,right?

11. winnie

winnie Regular Member

lydia n arif will join under rashid's team starting from next year.. who else?

12. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yeah, i hope they continue to improve and start making inroads in the international tournaments. we need more challengers to the great wall.

13. ~sss~

~sss~ Regular Member

Good!
    congratz wei feng!:)

14. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

much have been said about the poor performance in the SEA Games. The MJ's are expected to perform to prove they are ready for bigger things in 2008.

Its about time to review and much have to be done before we see these junior as ready to take over from the senior.

I was shocked to read in the paper that Rashid said they would drop Arif and Lydia Cheah from the back up squad to make way for those from BJSS.
    Agreed that much was expected from Lydia in the SEA Game where she has lost narrowly to Gu Juan of Singapore in Team Event and to Soratja in the individual event.

Arif was not send to the SEA Game.

I hope there is an error on the reporting as they should be given a chance to be develop further as we have seen the potential in them.

I think the training programme should be review and we should ask why is it that country like Singapore and Indonesia their junior are ready to perform well in the international circuit while we fumbled.

Maybe there is lack of focus and the MJ's though given for international exposure still lack of maturity and understanding in their game.

We have plenty of young junior coming out this year and most of them have good potential like some mentioned earlier in this forum. Player like Ng Hui Ling, Woon Khe Wei. Mak and Khim Wah, Goh Wei Shem and Ong Jian Goh.
    The upcoming player like Vivien Hoo, Tasha, Kuan Kam Chung and Teo Kok Siang are some to be taken note of.

Maybe we should start a forum on each of these MJ's and review what their strenght and weakness.

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) I posted a follow-up to that in the Sea Games thread. That quote I (and oterh BCers) believe is error in reporting cos the article a few days after that stated that Lydia & Arif will join the back-up squad under Rashid Sidek. Arif is best MS from BJSS, BCer Noridayu was told by her sources that Arif will train under Misbun. Good prospect since he'll get to spar with LCW.

There was also another article where Lydia Cheah was interviewed. Lydia said in 2008 she will be promoted to Rashid's squad. Lydia, Julia Wong, if groomed right, are next in line to be another "WMC"

2) For SEA Games, as everyone knows, Singapore & Indonesia had the best from the senior team. Msia junior girls tried their best. The rest of analysis has already been discussed in SEA Games thread.
    Those focusing in XD like Asia Junior Champ Tan WK/WoonKW and World Junior Champs Lim KW/Ng HL looks like will get the most exposure since we dont have full time XD yet.

3) MS -Many feel Tan CS should be promoted to senior team to take over from nonperformers like KBH, K. Yogendran. Since Tan CS is already 21, it's about time, we are still looking for the next LCW. Now they train separately, only get to spar with the seniors once a week.

MD- there are 6 senior MD pairs, this is the most competitive department. The juniors from Rashid's squad- Mohd Razif/Khoo, Chan Peng Soon/Chang are waiting in the wings. One of them may get in to replace CCM.
    Then there's the BJSS junior - most promising = Lim KW/Mak KC. But Lim also plays XD, more successful there.
    I dont play competitively so I wouldnt know first hand but if you are an MD player and have so many senior MDs above you.......

The good news is the back up MDs Raizf/Khoo, Chan/Chang seem very eager to prove themselves(more eager than other departments) , maybe for a chance to be trained by Rexy? I saw on tv Rexy giving advice to junior players during China, Hong Kong Open.

WD - no back up yet in sight for Wong PT/Chin EH. Woon KW, Ng HL are focusing on XD. Cheah did express his frustration one time due to lack of young WD players. Many girls quit the sport after some time to concentrate on studies.

That's my one cent. Happy Christmas

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Seriously, I think Khoo Chung Chiat/Mohd Razif Abdul Latif, Lim Khim Wah/Mak Hee Chun and Chang Hun Pin/Chan Peng Soon will pose credible threats in the MD in the near future.

Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan have been involved in some close battles with most of these pairs in 2007 and here's their results:
    against Lim/Mak: lost in two very tight sets: 20-22, 21-23 in Yonex German Open 2007.
    against Khoo/Abdul Latif: 1-1, both again in close scores. Losing 19-21, 21-19, 22-20 in the Yonex Chinese Taipei Open 2007 and winning 21-19, 24-22 in the Yonex-Sunrise Vietnam Open 2007.
    against Khoo/Chang: lost 21-19, 10-21, 21-23 in the Final of the Smiling Fish Asian Satellite Championships 2007.
    against Chan/Abdul Latif: won 21-14, 21-15 in the Vietnam International Challenge 2007.

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The expectation(from all quarters) is higher than that Badmania. The back-up MDs (Razif/Khoo, Chan/Chang) are only considered to have 'arrived' if they sometimes manage to beat the current top 20 MD pairs, not just young pairs.

Means they need to beat Indonesia's 2nd or 3rd pair -Luluk/Alvent, Joko/Hendra, China's 3rd pair(forgot the names, NOT Xie/Guo), Spore's Hendra/Hendri.

High expectations? yes, after KKK/TBH phenomena, other young pairs have tough act to follow.

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I would consider Khoo/Razif and Chang/Chan to be equal to Bona/Ahsan (even though the MAS pairs are probably younger). I think INA fans have pretty high expectation of Bona/Ahsan as well and next year will be crucial for them if they were to have any chance of emulating Kido/Hendra's achievements :cool:

On the other hand, I think Lim Khim Wah/Mak Hee Chun have the experience of Super Series tournaments in 2007 and they should be superior. The China's 3rd pair is Shen Ye/He Hanbin.

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Malaysia's senior MD pairs:
    Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong -- will still be no 1 for the foreseeable future

Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah -- this pair will last till the Olympics 2008. I can see them retiring after that. So, one pair gone.

Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazary/Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif -- can retain partnership....but need more consistency. This problem plagues other country's no 2/3 pairs as well.

Tan Bin Shen/Ong Soon Hock -- serious question marks on whether they should continue as a pair.

Gan Teik Chai/Lin Woon Fui -- see above

Tan Wee Kiong/Hoon Thien How -- experimental and should be tested in some events.

The backups:
    Lim Khim Wah/Mak Hee Chun -- IMHO, the strongest potential coming out from the junior ranks.

Khoo Chung Chiat/Mohd Razif Abdul Latif -- need more exposure

Chang Hun Pin/Chan Peng Soon -- need even more exposure...

20. winnie

winnie Regular Member

Lim Khim Wah/Mak Hee Chun this pair really has the potential..
    they have the height n size.. it is just that they need to have better understanding of each oth n more exposure so that their game become more mature and go up to the higher level