Results 1 to 17 of 82
Thread: LCW's NEW game plan for FUTURE
11-04-2007, 10:56 AM #1
LCW's NEW game plan for FUTURE
I think LCW will play better in future with this style ala Morten Frost. why??
1) energy saving......it's very tiring to play "fast n furious" game style if that particular match lasts for more than 60 minutes. You wont have much energy left for the next opponent. It is like having turbo in your car, you can choose to drive without using the turbo (normal day cruising, better fuel consumption) and hit on the accelerator to activate the turbo when you need it most (overtaking cars).
2) Low risk to injure himself or further deteriorate his current injuries as doesnt need to move that fast most of the time.
3) LCW can further improve this game style and keep on using it until he retires. As for sure he wont be able to sustain his usual "fast n furious" speed for the entire match when he reaches 30.
4) In the past, in the attacking mode, opponents are always ready for his attacks, thus they are able to save most of them. Now, once in a while he springs one of his killer attacks when the opponents are least aware of it. Thus making those shots highly efficient.
Last edited by alfa-2; 11-04-2007 at 11:00 AM.
11-04-2007, 12:16 PM #2
Genius, his game plan is pretty sly!
11-04-2007, 12:48 PM #3
add on explanations.......
5) As accuracy/precision is very important in aggressive attacking play (sharp side lines smashes + offensive shots = previous LCW's style) in order to make those shots lethal, u cant have the mistake of missing anyone of them. That explains why LCW used to commit much more unforced errors in the past when he hasn't got the knee injury.
6) This NEW game plan which totally matches with LCW's all rounder skills (suitable for players like TH also) provides high efficiency/productivity in gaining points.
Productivity = low input (stamina, power drained), high output (points gained).
7) The remaining energy/stamina/power left after each match can be used to make the choo choo train happy.............
dont misunderstood, what i mean is for LCW to bring WMC out for shopping spree and romantic candle light dinner.......
Last edited by alfa-2; 11-04-2007 at 12:54 PM.
11-04-2007, 08:27 PM #4
11-04-2007, 08:45 PM #5
I think LCW needs to have a stronger mentality and he will be a real contender in Beijing next year.
11-04-2007, 09:32 PM #6
this new style is very effective..very good
chen jin could'nt do anything as well as chun lai
11-04-2007, 09:38 PM #7
u can see how chen jin seolah2 di pukau oleh chong wei, and chen jin style is almost similar to lin dan's... misbun done a great job
11-04-2007, 09:42 PM #8
i have to disagree on his new style and how much titles it will bring.....seems to me lcw is relying much on his defense... players will figure this out and hard hitters like lin dan will eat this up.....just an opinion ..no need to start bashing
11-04-2007, 09:51 PM #9
11-04-2007, 09:53 PM #10
Despite my fondness to be nationalistic, I rate LD ahead of the rest of the pack. Only two players can really challenge LD, TH and LCW but both suffer from lack of mental toughness.
LD's body seems to be able to follow every command of LD's quick thinking and he has big match temperament. His playing style not aesthetically pleasing like LCW's artful display of strokes and deception, but delivers the goods when it counts.
The others BCL,LCW,and TH only TH may be able to beat LD in an Olympic final if he gets that far next year.
11-05-2007, 12:08 AM #11
Althought I totally agreed that LCW has added another dimension to his game but I don’t think we can be happy yet. Simply because opponent hasn’t found out way to play him yet they are shock and surprise of the new LCW style. Tops players standard arent that far apart and after this tournament. The chinese would watch LCW paris game again and again and again till their eyes cannot open to find an opening.I guess that the reason LD doesn’t win much nowadays cause he is reserving to be at the top in Beijing and not to reveal his true playing style yet.
11-05-2007, 12:58 AM #12
11-05-2007, 01:41 AM #13
11-05-2007, 11:01 PM #14
11-06-2007, 12:09 AM #15
what u said is true based on my opinion
TH is not the same Taufik we knew..
he seems to lack fitness to survive long match...
LCW while lack mental toughness.....
but i am glad he is building back his confidence after
he tend to give excuses when he lose (some feel irritated with
his lame excuses) but he promise to bounce back after
each defeat and he managed to do that....
remember after defeat in WC? he won JO...
after losing in DO, he bounce back to win FO...
11-06-2007, 12:46 AM #16
11-06-2007, 01:10 AM #17
i've just noticed this.......i mean the pattern.....
DO, LD won BCL in final, and BCL won LCW in the SF.
FO, LCW won BCL in final, and BCL won LD in the SF.
DO, LD > BCL > LCW
FO, LCW > BCL > LD
BCL is always in the middle of the clash of the titans.............he is like the media in between.
By malaysian19 in forum Coaching ForumReplies: 22: 12-18-2009, 12:28 AM
By micochmama in forum SingaporeReplies: 12: 07-09-2009, 04:51 AM
By harryc in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 7: 04-25-2007, 12:18 AM
By westwood_13 in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 6: 02-23-2007, 01:36 PM
By ants in forum Jonas Rasmussen ForumReplies: 6: 04-04-2006, 01:12 PM