User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LCW's NEW game plan for FUTURE

I think LCW will play better in future with this style ala Morten Frost. why??

1) energy saving......it's very tiring to play "fast n furious" game style if that particular match lasts for more than 60 minutes. You wont have much energy left for the next opponent. It is like having turbo in your car, you can choose to drive without using the turbo (normal day cruising, better fuel consumption) and hit on the accelerator to activate the turbo when you need it most (overtaking cars).

2) Low risk to injure himself or further deteriorate his current injuries as doesnt need to move that fast most of the time.

3) LCW can further improve this game style and keep on using it until he retires. As for sure he wont be able to sustain his usual "fast n furious" speed for the entire match when he reaches 30.

4) In the past, in the attacking mode, opponents are always ready for his attacks, thus they are able to save most of them. Now, once in a while he springs one of his killer attacks when the opponents are least aware of it. Thus making those shots highly efficient.
    Last edited by alfa-2; 11-04-2007 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genius, his game plan is pretty sly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

add on explanations.......
    5) As accuracy/precision is very important in aggressive attacking play (sharp side lines smashes + offensive shots = previous LCW's style) in order to make those shots lethal, u cant have the mistake of missing anyone of them. That explains why LCW used to commit much more unforced errors in the past when he hasn't got the knee injury.

6) This NEW game plan which totally matches with LCW's all rounder skills (suitable for players like TH also) provides high efficiency/productivity in gaining points.
    Productivity = low input (stamina, power drained), high output (points gained).

7) The remaining energy/stamina/power left after each match can be used to make the choo choo train happy.............

dont misunderstood, what i mean is for LCW to bring WMC out for shopping spree and romantic candle light dinner.......
    Last edited by alfa-2; 11-04-2007 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alfa-2 View Post
    add on explanations.......
    5) As accuracy/precision is very important in aggressive attacking play (sharp side lines smashes + offensive shots = previous LCW's style) in order to make those shots lethal, u cant have the mistake of missing anyone of them. That explains why LCW used to commit much more unforced errors in the past when he hasn't got the knee injury.

6) This NEW game plan which totally matches with LCW's all rounder skills (suitable for players like TH also) provides high efficiency/productivity in gaining points.
    Productivity = low input (stamina, power drained), high output (points gained).

7) The remaining energy/stamina/power left after each match can be used to make the choo choo train happy.............

dont misunderstood, what i mean is for LCW to bring WMC out for shopping spree and romantic candle light dinner.......
    ALl I can say about LCW now is that LCW is much more "dangerous and lethal" than LD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LCW needs to have a stronger mentality and he will be a real contender in Beijing next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default superb

this new style is very effective..very good
    chen jin could'nt do anything as well as chun lai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default of course

u can see how chen jin seolah2 di pukau oleh chong wei, and chen jin style is almost similar to lin dan's... misbun done a great job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have to disagree on his new style and how much titles it will bring.....seems to me lcw is relying much on his defense... players will figure this out and hard hitters like lin dan will eat this up.....just an opinion ..no need to start bashing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Konnichiwa View Post
    i have to disagree on his new style and how much titles it will bring.....seems to me lcw is relying much on his defense... players will figure this out and hard hitters like lin dan will eat this up.....just an opinion ..no need to start bashing
    The thing is that LD found LCW's defense is a little to hard to penetrate too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite my fondness to be nationalistic, I rate LD ahead of the rest of the pack. Only two players can really challenge LD, TH and LCW but both suffer from lack of mental toughness.

LD's body seems to be able to follow every command of LD's quick thinking and he has big match temperament. His playing style not aesthetically pleasing like LCW's artful display of strokes and deception, but delivers the goods when it counts.

The others BCL,LCW,and TH only TH may be able to beat LD in an Olympic final if he gets that far next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Althought I totally agreed that LCW has added another dimension to his game but I don’t think we can be happy yet. Simply because opponent hasn’t found out way to play him yet they are shock and surprise of the new LCW style. Tops players standard arent that far apart and after this tournament. The chinese would watch LCW paris game again and again and again till their eyes cannot open to find an opening.I guess that the reason LD doesn’t win much nowadays cause he is reserving to be at the top in Beijing and not to reveal his true playing style yet.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s1nn3r View Post
    Althought I totally agreed that LCW has added another dimension to his game but I donít think we can be happy yet. Simply because opponent hasnít found out way to play him yet they are shock and surprise of the new LCW style. Tops players standard arent that far apart and after this tournament. The chinese would watch LCW paris game again and again and again till their eyes cannot open to find an opening.I guess that the reason LD doesnít win much nowadays cause he is reserving to be at the top in Beijing and not to reveal his true playing style yet.
    True! Who wants to peak now for the Olympics? The training programmes are all geared up to being prepared for OG. Only very special people can be at peak for 10 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra View Post
    ALl I can say about LCW now is that LCW is much more "dangerous and lethal" than LD
    that's what u said about taufik before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sonnymak View Post
    Despite my fondness to be nationalistic, I rate LD ahead of the rest of the pack. Only two players can really challenge LD, TH and LCW but both suffer from lack of mental toughness.
    just my two cents. i think the reason LD is dominating MS is because he has both physical fitness and mental toughness. just sometimes no clear strategy. however his fitness and mental covers that. i think TH lacks physical fitness but he has mental toughness and LCW have the physical fitness but lacks the mental toughness. but both TH and LCW have the skills and the strategy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    just my two cents. i think the reason LD is dominating MS is because he has both physical fitness and mental toughness. just sometimes no clear strategy. however his fitness and mental covers that. i think TH lacks physical fitness but he has mental toughness and LCW have the physical fitness but lacks the mental toughness. but both TH and LCW have the skills and the strategy.

what u said is true based on my opinion
    TH is not the same Taufik we knew..
    he seems to lack fitness to survive long match...
    LCW while lack mental toughness.....
    but i am glad he is building back his confidence after
    each defeat...
    he tend to give excuses when he lose (some feel irritated with
    his lame excuses) but he promise to bounce back after
    each defeat and he managed to do that....
    remember after defeat in WC? he won JO...
    after losing in DO, he bounce back to win FO...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    what u said is true based on my opinion
    TH is not the same Taufik we knew..
    he seems to lack fitness to survive long match...
    LCW while lack mental toughness.....
    but i am glad he is building back his confidence after
    each defeat...
    he tend to give excuses when he lose (some feel irritated with
    his lame excuses) but he promise to bounce back after
    each defeat and he managed to do that....
    remember after defeat in WC? he won JO...
    after losing in DO, he bounce back to win FO..
    then pls lose the tournament just before SS final, before AE, before OG '08, and before WC '08........then he can win them all. well, now CHN team and LYB must be working very hard to find LCW's weaknesses by watching over and over again at the videos of FO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've just noticed this.......i mean the pattern.....

DO, LD won BCL in final, and BCL won LCW in the SF.
    FO, LCW won BCL in final, and BCL won LD in the SF.

so,
    DO, LD > BCL > LCW
    FO, LCW > BCL > LD

BCL is always in the middle of the clash of the titans.............he is like the media in between.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast