Push ups and Squeezing a ball enough?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by CkcJsm, Dec 19, 2007.

1. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

Hi,
    Just wondering, are push-ups and squeezing a ball or opening or closing your hands enough for arm strengthening for badminton? Any exercises you can do without anything? Like not a water bottle or anything. Just doing arm strengthening with yourself and a floor lol.
    I don't have a squash racket.

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Please be more specific in your title next time. There are people like me with dirty mind that is ROFLMAO (Bra and Ball).
    FYI, Please do a search on training method. Push up is a good warm up excercise because it does not a good strengthening excercise.

3. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

1) Hold your racquet in your hand as usual.
    2) Push on the racquet head with your other hand.
    3) Resist that force by not allowing the racquet to move.

Simple as that.

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    You can do the finger push ups if you want additional challenge. That will work your forearms more than regular push ups, but then again driving rallies accomplishes the same thing for forearms and are much more fun.

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Get a wooded broom stick and cut it into 1 feet. Then apply a strong string in the middle and have its length about 1 meter. Tie it with a red brick at the end of it. Enjoy the grinding effect of up and down. Free. You hands need to be straight close to 90 degrees (no cheating). After 1 minute of grinding. Wala. your arm, wrist and grip is as strong as incredible hulk. When you hold your racket, its like a feather. Again this is free. If you still can't afford it; do a one hand push up... hehe..

6. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

Lol.
    I'm only 16 year old female.
    I don't think i can take finger push ups.

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Well, don't let that keep you down:p. I couldn't do finger push ups at all the first few times, so I started with finger plank position. That's where you hold the push up position and stay on your fingers until you couldn't take it anymore... once you break the position, that's one set. The plank position will condition your fingers to work harder.

8. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    Well I think push ups are for increasing your muscles strength so that you're better at resisting muscle strain and injuries. But I don't think overdoing it will help that much.

My recommendation for forearm/arm strengthening probably is jump-roping. Trying getting one of those heavier handles for the jump ropes and do some jump-roping with them. You'll feel the workout in your forearm, and you'll help your calfs and it'll give you an aerobic exercise. I'm sure you can at least afford a jump rope. Plus, it's good for pre-game warm-ups too.

9. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    looks like physical conditioning and some power training is required

10. Phuong

Phuong Regular Member

get a big dictionary, or a phone book, etc.... hold it on the side and move ur writst up-down then side-side. It's easy to do and will help u strengthen ur finger, grip, and wrist.

11. YinLoung

YinLoung Regular Member

Flip urself upside down and do pushups with the back of ur hand. Each time you push up, make sure you more enough power in it that u actually jump using the back of ur hand and as u land, you land with the opposite ( palm - back of the hand ). As you reach base lvl60 and skill lvl 20, you could perform serial backflips or flips by using the tip of ur pinky and perform the same basis of the pushup. When you reach blvl 80 and slvl 40, you can start holding a 100pounds object and swing it like a badminton racket. When you reach lvl 99 and slvl 99, like when u're able to do 300+km/h smashes with that 100pounds object, you can consider playing badminton without a racket. You'll pwn anyone.

Good day and mewie xmas.