Ti-10 3U Long in Canada

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Don, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Don

Don Regular Member

Who's selling this racquet?

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Gladius

gladius, can u ship some 3u ti-10 to canada?

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Re: Gladius

I dont think u get 3U ti 10 In sg? do u gladius. If u can lay hands on a new one cna u tell me how much it would be. I want to try teh 3U regular version. I have 2U Long version.I heard that they Normal version is stiffer.

Can u find one buddy?

4. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer

Nope, all Ti-10s in Singapore that I've seen and are authentic are 2U, Long versions. I've not seen any Normal versions nor 3U versions for that matter.

No such luck. Try asking people who are from Hong Kong, think they have such options over there.

And for that matter, neither is there a 3U MP-100. Or any of the Carbonex 2Xs in 3U either.

5. joseph

joseph Guest

i have a 3u. got it at yo's about 6 months ago. they don't have 3Us anymore. willing to sell if price is right! although, doubt anyone can offer me the 'right' price, cuz i love my ti10. Hey! anyone hear that ti10 and ti7s are being discontinued??? what a sad news!!!

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

yogi and gladius, thanks for the ti-10 info from SG

7. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Re: 3U Ti-10

You can get 3U Ti-10 from badmintonwarehouse in the States, at least they are still advertising them.

8. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Ti10 3u's are still available in Canada, just as the 2u ti10s are, BUT only to the pro's, and sponsored players.
    Yonex Canada had been inundated with warranty claims, all over the place, because customers were purchasing the goods, and could not handle them properly, (eg hitting the frame, clashing racquets, stringing above yonex's recommended string tensions.)
    Also the rash of SP imports, and purchases made in Hong Kong, or Singapore, or Malaysia, caused Yonex Canada to "discontinue" the racquet to the public.
    However, most Yonex sponsored players are most likely using the mp series now, or if not, the ones I saw used ti6s, ti7s, ti10s, a couple used carbonex somethings, couldn't get a good look.
    As for the person who commented regarding the racquets being discontinued, the ti10 was taken off the retail market almost 2 years now. I am almost positive that Yonex does not offer the ti10 for retail to the stores... if you see some out there, most likely they are the SP, or made in taiwan goods. Also for those wondering, if there is a big difference, I am saying yes there is.
    With all the racquets busting that I've seen, if it's not because of old age; the vast majority have seemed to be from the Asian markets, with people clashing racquets, or stringing too tight, or hitting the frame so much, or even a combination of the lot... which is honestly a shame. Especially when it's like one of the more expensive models. I do hear of people snapping their racquets at the shafts, and stuff, of course, those for the most part are actually legitimate production faults, I have rarely seen any breakage in the frames due to production screw ups... maybe you will hear of the occassional busting of a racquet at the ti-mesh of a frame. However I do not see quite how that can always be the case. The Mesh, I used to believe was an insert into the frame, but when you think of how racquets are made... you can not cut, and paste the lego piece (titanium mesh) and put clear tape over top. so people can see it.
    From what I have learned and been told, the mesh area, that has been painted over, to indicate the mesh is present in for example the ti10. That is not the actual mesh you are looking at on the racquet, although i have seen some manufacturers actually just place some sort of plastic over top of their mesh!!!!!! which is cheap workmanship if you ask me. I state this, because the plastic over the top, includes tape around the edges, so taking a friend's racquet, and looking more closely, you can peel the tape off, and the plastic piece, is easily removable, exposing the actual mesh on the imitation racquets. Yonex puts a layer of actual carbon over top, and paints it, there-by imbedding the mesh into the actual frame, albeit it's only on two specific areas of the ti10... anyways, my blabbing has lost it's purpose now. I am not 100% sure of this info I was taught by a certain someone in Yonex Canada, but I trust them to be very reliable, and also after having being able to examine other brands of racquets, still believe Yonex to have the highest consistency in their products. They wont sell you a piece of crap in Canada, and run away, they will warranty your product even after the 6month period, so long as you have a receipt, you can trade up + cash, for a better model.
    So for those who are usually bashing the company for being like the microsoft of badminton, you have certain points correct, but also I dont believe you will find any better company, to back up their product, and maintain product lines across the board.
    Yeah, I'm plugging for them, but with good reason. Simply that they are the most consistent higher quality product on the market.
    Although the competition is definitely biting into their market share... like the video game market in north america just exploded recently... there will be more competition in the badminton market, and we will start to see higher quality goods across the board hopefully from all manufacturers. In the end the players benefit. :)