Wow, close call!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by orgasmerator, Dec 27, 2007.

1. orgasmerator

orgasmerator Regular Member

I wouldn't say I came out of it unscathed but 2 paint chips is a lot better than the other racket when we clashed. After the hit, he says "alright, I'm done." I look at my racket and don't see anything wrong but when I looked over to his, holy s#&%, totally warped and fubar'd.

I'm sure the fact that he hit the bottom part of my racket helped since it is the thickest part but also, and I don't know if heped any either, but in the future if I ever feel anything hit my racket that's not a birdie, I will loosen my grip and just let my racket fall out of my hands.

I'm thinking it's sort of like a Tai-Chi thing where instead of fighting back (strong grip) I "gave" into the force of the hit instead of absorbing it, I deflected it?

Man, I don't know but I'm just glad my AT900T is not borken.

I would've taken pics but I felt it might've been insensitive at the time.

Yes, yes, caring is sharing but not when it hurts someone's feelings. :p

2. Elixau

Elixau Regular Member

Did you both hit pretty hard? :O

3. orgasmerator

My shoulder's been bothering me so I haven't been hitting hard. I'm not one of those guys where when you see them smash, you're like "holy crap!" but I get it there okay. :)

The other guy definitely doesn't hit hard though. I avoided a few clashes last night but that one was right above me, a little towards my backhand but still pretty much MY shot. Good thing I felt him coming over and was just barely hanging on. If he didn't come over, I probably would've played a drop because I was in fear of breaking my racket.

4. Shuttlekok

Shuttlekok Regular Member

Believe it or not, that's what happened to me too.

Was just starting to use my AT900P and clashed with my partner's Pro Tec...
    Mine came out with just a minor chip, which I had to really search for a couple of minutes but his, was a bad chip with the paint coming off...

5. orgasmerator

I'm actually still surprised that the 4U didn't explode upon impact.