Shoe Care

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by apocalypsekirk, Dec 27, 2007.

1. apocalypsekirk

apocalypsekirk New Member

I just received a pair of SHB 100-M for Christmas.

I was wondering if anybody out there does anything extra to break them in or care for them.

They are my babies and I want to take good care of them.

2. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    usually, i don't wash my shoes, only wipe them with clean cloth. also i keep them in an airy place, rather than a cupboard. reason is, soaking in water will spoil the foam in the paddings, and keeping them out of the cupboard will reduce mould and bad smell

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Try putting some baking powder into them after your games. It keeps the inside dry as well as odour free.

4. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i take care of my shoes by making sure i only wear in on a proper court, wipe its soles after every game, keep it in a proper place (my badminton bag) and air it once in a while (they dont smell bad since i dont sweat that much in my feet area and i always use fresh pair of socks for every session). :D i love my shoes!!!!!

#4 azabaz_ipoh, Dec 28, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  5. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    I have the SHB-100 LTD's... and let me tell you now... the performance on these shoes is excellent and they can push your footwork to new limits, but the durability factor sucks!!! my leather is tearing up on one shoe and on my brother's pair, the honey comb traction has almost worn through on the tip of the shoe~!!! My pair is wearing quite thin as well!!!

As for general care, after I play, I take them home and I put them onto an open shoerack so that the sweat moisture can evaporate~ Don't leave them in your bag as moisture will ruin them even faster!

Enjoy the shoes!! You'll notice the difference between regular grip pattern and honeycomb design grip right away!

#5 Optiblue, Dec 29, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  6. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    dont wear it other than during badminton. the dust and soil will stick onto the soles and it will ruin the grip. for me, i clean the soles with water because its really slippery when there is dust and somehow the courts are always dusty. sometimes i go to the extent of using soap.