User Tag List

Page 476 of 501 FirstFirst ... 376 426 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ... LastLast
Results 8,076 to 8,092 of 8508
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb An easy way to schedule our matches

Quote Originally Posted by amiguy View Post
    I am assuming this is swapping the sequence of playing (not swapping partners)

Scenario:-

Current play: Winning Team A vs Winning Team B
    Next play: Winning Team C vs Winning Team D

A wish to play D. So A (skip on game) can swap with C (play one game earlier) to play against D. Basically if any team willing to wait and another team willing to play forward (of course need have mutual agreement on this). This applies the same for the Losing team.

Do note that C (some want to rest or otherwise) may have just finish the game not long ago. However this may result to a very confusing situation when everyone starts changing. Especially when (assuming above scenario remains):

Subsequent next play: Winning Team E vs Winning Team F

B wants to play with E ; F wants to play with D

The end result will become (this is the most simple everyone-ok scenario though and may not happen):

Current play: Winning Team C vs Winning Team E
    Next play: Winning Team A vs Winning Team F
    Subsequent next play: Winning Team B vs Winning Team D

Confusion on sequence of play can lead to arguments.

Also, going back to the off the court issue (I remember reading somewhere) faced by Chris on people asking him if this player is coming ornot, then I wonít come etc. IMO this will happen on the court unfortunately. Although I donít know the actually reason but obviously will be either something like that pair sucks(waste of time?) or too good(canít beat them?)

I know Iím not adding suggestion but contrary. To make sure we get to play against each other (all), limited swapping is good or maybe a league or bring back the white board?
    We should be happy to try out anything, provided we have a system which provides;
    1. All CCCers get a chance to play against all other CCCers. This is to avoid segregation.
    2. All CCCer get to play equal number of games. This is to ensure our timid players are not playing less.
    3. An easy way to schedule our matches, which does not requiring an organiser for scheduling matches.
    4. A format which could be transformed into some sort of a competition. This could monitor who are our CCCers making improvement/progress over a course of time.
    5. etc, etc, ......

On point No.4, with our current method/system of scheduling, I have been thinking of giving some rewards for those who played well. But what kind of rewards, that is the question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Informing and asking permission from everyone was the problem

Quote Originally Posted by cerebellum View Post
    Thank you very much amiguy. At least i know that another person understands what i'm talking about.

You're right in saying that everything will get confusing once multiple teams want to change partners/opponents etc etc. Hence, i brought up the suggestion that we organise games ourselves (by that i mean requests games and let Chris organise that matches) or create a sheet for game numbers and we can allocate our games there (or whiteboard, same thing).

I know it can be confusing because a couple of weeks ago, the matter was even simpler than this and yet it seemed like it was rocket science. here was the scenario:

Current Play (at 10PM): Team A (myself) vs Team B (Chris) - Winner's court
    Team C vs Team D - Loser's court

i wanted to play against Team D as i had not played them all night due to the nature of play sequence. So i asked Chris if i could swap with team C, but Chris did not understand what i was talking about as he thought that this would disrupt the play sequence. In reality, this should have any issue at all considering that both Team A9 (my team) and Team C were scheduled to play next.

This is the main reason why i dislike the current format. it creates confusion to some players and reduce flexibility.

Happy to hear suggestions for any other formats we could try.

regards,

Cerebellum
    Actually, I understood it when you made your request. In fact, it was OK with me.

I was thinking it's too much trouble to ask/inform all players for why a change of scheduling was to be arranged. Am I the only one to ask/inform everyone wondering what's happening?

It's always the case that I am in-charge, but we need to inform everyone.

Informing and asking permission from everyone was the problem.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-19-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Goodbye from Lisa Loh!

Hey guys/CCCers,

Just in case if you still remember me ~ Lisa Loh.
    Just a quick note to bid farewell to CCC and Melbourne! Sorry, I was not able to come and say bye to you guys or have a game recently due to extremely busy with wrapping up work, packing up and all...

I'm relocating back to Malaysia/Singapore.

I'd like to say Thank You to Chris and all CCC players. I have had some fantastic time playing with you guys.

Best wishes and keep playing!

Regards,
    Lisa Loh
    lloh2012@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow We are going to miss Lisa-L

Quote Originally Posted by lisa_loh View Post
    Hey guys/CCCers,

Just a quick note to bid farewell to CCC and Melbourne! Sorry, I was not able to come and say bye to you guys or have a game recently due to extremely busy with wrapping up work, packing up and all...

I'd like to say Thank You to Chris and all CCC players. I have had some fantastic time playing with you guys.

Regards,
    Lisa Loh
    lloh2012@gmail.com
    Hi Lisa-L,

We are going to miss you.

You must visit us when you return for a holiday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Actually, I understood it when you made your request. In fact, it was OK with me.

I was thinking it's too much trouble to ask/inform all players for why a change of scheduling was to be arranged. Am I the only one to ask/inform everyone wondering what's happening?

It's always the case that I am in-charge, but we need to inform everyone.

Informing and asking permission from everyone was the problem.
    Hi Guys,
    Apologies for not clarifying, yes amiguy's right, i was just refering to the sequence of play rather than change of partners. The current format is great i think. My suggestion was only in response to cerebellum's comment about playing against the same pair too many times. So long as all the pairs concerned are ok with 'swapping', there should be no prob. Chris can relax as he does not have to organise it - it does not put out anybody or alter any other pair's sequence of play except those concerned.
    I think it would not be too often that a pair would play 4 times against the same pair as happened to cerebellum so i do not think there will really be too much 'swapping' of sequence.
    See you guys at next session. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lisa_loh View Post
    Hey guys/CCCers,

Regards,
    Lisa Loh
    lloh2012@gmail.com
    Hi Lisa:

All the best with your new endeavor in singapore/malaysia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow What we shall miss most with our Lisa-L ......

What we shall miss most with our Lisa-L is our going out for meals/drinks with her after our sessions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Chris can relax as he does not have to organise it

Quote Originally Posted by jjlee118 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Apologies for not clarifying, yes amiguy's right, i was just refering to the sequence of play rather than change of partners. The current format is great i think. My suggestion was only in response to cerebellum's comment about playing against the same pair too many times. So long as all the pairs concerned are ok with 'swapping', there should be no prob. Chris can relax as he does not have to organise it - it does not put out anybody or alter any other pair's sequence of play except those concerned.
    I think it would not be too often that a pair would play 4 times against the same pair as happened to cerebellum so i do not think there will really be too much 'swapping' of sequence.
    See you guys at next session. Cheers!
    As I have posted before;

We should be happy to try out anything, provided we have a system which provides;
    1. All CCCers get a chance to play against all other CCCers. This is to avoid segregation.
    2. All CCCers get to play equal number of games. This is to ensure our timid players are not playing less.
    3. An easy way to schedule our matches, which does not requiring an organiser for scheduling matches.
    4. A format which could be transformed into some sort of a competition. This could monitor who are our CCCers making improvement/progress over a course of time.
    5. etc, etc, ......

On point No.4, with our current method/system of scheduling, I have been thinking of giving some rewards for those who played well. But what kind of rewards, that is the question
    Perhaps we should leave out Point #4. Points #1 to #3 are more important for us at this moment of time.

I have repeatedly posted this;

For new player(s), here is the Schedule for our "CCC Social Challenge Matches";

1. Terms used:

1.1 Qualification Match = Your first match.

1.2 Challenge Matches = Your later matches.

1.3 Schedule Match = Your next match, after players waiting before you have played.

2. Schedule of our Matches:

2.1 Before starting, first find a partner. For players looking for partners, please don't be shy to post in this thread asking for partners. We now have a Partnership List at the bottom of the Booking List.

2.2 If no partner is found/absent, then see chris-ccc.

2.3 With set (limited) number of participants, we should have a quick turn-over of matches. Therefore, warm-up hits are only permitted for Qualification Matches; There shall be no warm-up for Challenge Matches.

2.4 After your Qualification Matches, there should be winners and losers awaiting to play in the next scheduled match (the Challenge Match). As scheduled and when players enter onto the court, the 4 players may exchange partners if they wish (in other words only amongst the 4 winners, or only amongst the 4 losers). If a winner is to partner a loser, we don't know how to name your pair (as a winning or a losing pair).

2.5 The shuttlecock being placed under the net in the middle of the court is for the next scheduled match

2.6 Court No.10 is used for losers' Challenge Matches.

2.7 Court No.11 is used for winners' Challenge Matches.

2.8 After your match, please remember to place a shuttlecock under the net in the middle of the court for the next scheduled match.

We welcome other suggestions to help run our CCC Social Challenge Matches more exciting and more efficiently run.
    Finally, we have some suggestions (made recently).

We rather have positive/constructive comments on how we could run our social sessions efficiently (as compared to negative comments). Only when we have positive/constructive comments, we can move forward.

Negative/non-constructive comments will not solve any problems.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-20-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Wednesday CCC at MSAC: 21-Nov-2012 (A short report)

Wednesday CCC at MSAC: 21-Nov-2012 (A short report)

* It's our 241st Wednesday Social Session at MSAC (after we have moved here permanently); and it's our 44th for this year.

* We thank CCCers for removing themselves when they couldn't attend, therefore allowing others to join in. As you know by now, if you have booked in and did not turn up, you will be fined the session fee (because you have prevented others from taking your place).

* We thank players to allow pairs of correct partnership to commence their matches first, so that our scheduled matches can run smoothly.

* We welcomed 1 new player;
    1. Scott L (From our CCC Sunday CATS)
    Hope that he enjoyed playing with us.

* Sorry that I was away most of the time observing the inter-teams Finals held last night. It's great that our CCC trainee, Thanh-M, has won.

* Actually, I am pleased to be away from our session sometimes - to not listen to complains. I have said over and over again: If they are any complains/suggestions, please post them here (in this thread) so that all CCCers can have a say. Never will I listen to just a few members, but to the majority of our members. I wish to inform all members this link;
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...nt-as-possible

* Our membership - Spring Season.
    So far, the following CCCers have completed their membership;
    1. Lisa L
    2. Sri Kiran G
    3. Jerry L
    4. Stanley C
    5. Alex T
    6. Rebecca G
    7. Timothy T
    8. Markus H
    9. Daisy L
    10. Dhina G
    11. Randy W
    12. Wen Y
    13. Yun L
    14. Jenny T
    15. Jon B
    16. Brendan L
    17. Shaoqi C
    18. Reza R
    19. Sampson G
    20. Daniel S
    21. Ajay T
    22. Jeff Y
    23. Keven W
    24. Tony Z
    25. Scott L

* BTW, our Spring Season is coming to a close. Summer Season shall commence from December (finishing at the end of February 2013). CCCers are asked to renew your membership at our next session.

* Also, let's restate our current rules (as shown below) of our "CCC Social Challenge Matches" for new players wishing to join us play.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-21-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up CCC Social Challenge Matches at MSAC on Wednesday Night

For new player(s), here is the Schedule for our "CCC Social Challenge Matches";

1. Terms used:

1.1 Qualification Match = Your first match.

1.2 Challenge Matches = Your later matches.

1.3 Schedule Match = Your next match, after players waiting before you have played.

2. Schedule of our Matches:

2.1 Before starting, first find a partner. For players looking for partners, please don't be shy to post in this thread asking for partners. We now have a Partnership List at the bottom of the Booking List.

2.2 If no partner is found/absent, then see chris-ccc.

2.3 With set (limited) number of participants, we should have a quick turn-over of matches. Therefore, warm-up hits are only permitted for Qualification Matches; There shall be no warm-up for Challenge Matches.

2.4 After your Qualification Matches, there should be winners and losers awaiting to play in the next scheduled match (the Challenge Match). As scheduled and when players enter onto the court, the 4 players may exchange partners if they wish (in other words only amongst the 4 winners, or only amongst the 4 losers). If a winner is to partner a loser, we don't know how to name your pair (as a winning or a losing pair).

2.5 The shuttlecock being placed under the net in the middle of the court is for the next scheduled match

2.6 Court No.10 is used for losers' Challenge Matches.

2.7 Court No.11 is used for winners' Challenge Matches.

2.8 After your match, please remember to place a shuttlecock under the net in the middle of the court for the next scheduled match.

We welcome other suggestions to help run our CCC Social Challenge Matches more exciting and more efficiently run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow We have 5 requests

We have 5 requests ;

(1) Please bring correct change for our sessions.
    Why? Sometimes, 10 CCCers bring $50 each; It causes me extra time to get change from the MSAC shop.

(2) Please place the shuttlecock under the net at the centre of the court after your match.
    Why? Because the next group of players do not know where to find the shuttlecock.

(3) Please post here about your partnership, or for me to arrange for your partner.
    Why? It is better to be set-and-ready about partnership before our session.

(4) Please post here to inform us if you could be arriving late.
    Why? It is for your partner to know what is happening.

(5) Please allow pairs of correct partnership to commence their matches first.
    Why? So that our schedule will run smoothly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Booking List for Wednesday CCC at MSAC: 28-Nov-2012 (with Partnership List)

Hi CCCers,

We shall start our Booking List for Wednesday CCC at MSAC: 28-Nov-2012

It's our 242nd Wednesday Social Session at MSAC (after we have moved here permanently); and it's our 45th for this year.

We do a Booking List:
    (1) To welcome BadmintonCentral members to attend.
    (2) To ensure that players who have booked in would not be turned away.
    (3) To ensure that we have enough games for all players, it is best not to exceed 18 players.
    Hope to have our 'Booking List' finalised by Tuesday 6:30pm.

Reminder:
    If you cannot attend, you will need to be removed before 4:30pm on Wednesday, otherwise you will be charged.
    Why? Because there are CCCers who are wishing to attend (checking to book in - up to the last hours) have found themselves missing out after we have FULL HOUSE.

For any questions about our CCC Badminton Club, please post to ask here (in this thread).

It's found that newer BCers do not know how to turn the pages of our thread. Just click on the page numbers found at the top or bottom section of this page.

Our CCC courts for this session:
    (2 courts to 11:00pm)
    (1) Court No.10.....from 7:30pm (3.5 hours)
    (2) Court No.11.....from 8:00pm (3.0 hours)
    giving us a total of 6.5 hours of court-time.

Booking List:
    * = Players who attended last session
    ( ) = Date when booking is made

(1)
    (2)
    (3)
    (4)
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)
    (10)
    (11)
    (12)
    (13)
    (14)
    (15)
    (16)
    (17)
    (18)
    (FULL HOUSE: Maximum of 18 reached)

No Reserve List anymore:
    CCCers are to watch out for late withdrawals (after we have FULL HOUSE).

Partnership List
    Please fill in your names:

(1)
    (2)
    (3)
    (4)
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Booking List for Wednesday CCC at MSAC: 28-Nov-2012 (Julie-C will be attending)

Hi CCCers,

It's our 242nd Wednesday Social Session at MSAC (after we have moved here permanently); and it's our 45th for this year.

We do a Booking List:
    (3) To ensure that we have enough games for all players, it is best not to exceed 18 players.

Reminder:
    If you cannot attend, you will need to be removed before 4:30pm on Wednesday, otherwise you will be charged.
    Why? Because there are CCCers who are wishing to attend (checking to book in - up to the last hours) have found themselves missing out after we have FULL HOUSE.

For any questions about our CCC Badminton Club, please post to ask here (in this thread).

It's found that newer BCers do not know how to turn the pages of our thread. Just click on the page numbers found at the top or bottom section of this page.

Booking List:

(1) Julie C...............(Thu 22 Nov 2012)
    (2)
    (3)
    (4)
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)
    (10)
    (11)
    (12)
    (13)
    (14)
    (15)
    (16)
    (17)
    (18)

No Reserve List anymore:

Partnership List

(1) Julie C +
    (2)
    (3)
    (4)
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi CCCers,

We do a Booking List:

Reminder:

Booking List:

(2) Wen Y*.............(Thu 22 Nov 2012)
    (3) Desmond C.........(Thu 22 Nov 2012)
    (4)
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)
    (10)
    (11)
    (12)
    (13)
    (14)
    (15)
    (16)
    (17)
    (18)

No Reserve List anymore:

Partnership List

(1) Julie C +
    (2) Wen Y + Desmond C
    (3)
    (4)
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chris,

Will you be permanently include the shuttlecock details in the booking list?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi CCCers,

We do a Booking List:

Reminder:

Booking List:

(4) Leo C.................(Thu 22 Nov 2012)
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)
    (10)
    (11)
    (12)
    (13)
    (14)
    (15)
    (16)
    (17)
    (18)

No Reserve List anymore:

Partnership List

(1) Julie C +
    (2) Wen Y + Desmond C
    (3) Leo C +
    (4)
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm booking in Jerry as well. Will remove if he for some reason don't want to play
    ---

Hi CCCers,

We do a Booking List:

Reminder:

Booking List:

(4) Leo C.................(Thu 22 Nov 2012)
    (5) Daniel S*............(Thu 22 Nov 2012)
    (6) Jerry L*..............(Thu 22 Nov 2012)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)
    (10)
    (11)
    (12)
    (13)
    (14)
    (15)
    (16)
    (17)
    (18)

No Reserve List anymore:

Partnership List

(1) Julie C +
    (2) Wen Y + Desmond C
    (3) Leo C +
    (4) Daniel + Jerry
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)