User Tag List

Page 474 of 501 FirstFirst ... 374 424 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... LastLast
Results 8,042 to 8,058 of 8508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cerebellum View Post
    2) Personally I do not enjoy this format at all. It is too rigid/structured and it does not allow players to organise games and limits players flexibility for game organisation. I understand this method worked for previous format where we had approximately 26 players each week. Currently we have 18 players (or 19 including Chris), i'm sure with 2 courts being available, players can organise their own games.

Another thing that i don't like about this method is on some occassions, you and your partner end up playing the same pair for multiple times during the night and didn't play against other players.

Cerebellum
    actually i kinda like the existing format. maybe we need a roster like if u play the same team before u wait for the next team. this is a hard one
    Last edited by sagoh; 11-15-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    The above post is to refer to how CCC Badsminton Club started to be formed.

I shall state again: Don't think of our CCC sessions just you; If unhappy, please leave our CCC sessions.
    wow...chris...relax.. is just a constructive discussion..
    Last edited by sagoh; 11-15-2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up chris...relax.. is just a constructive discussion

Quote Originally Posted by sagoh View Post
    wow...chris...relax.. is just a constructive discussion..
    Hehehe... I am as relaxed as I am. Yes, some of my comments may appear stated 'too strong'.

As you know, as you were once a CCC trainee, my intention is to form a club for our trainees. Somehow, many players/visitors do not know that; thinking that our 'social sessions' have nothing to do with our trainees.

This has to be made clear.

This is why I posted clubs that are catering just for social players (as commented in Post #8033). Besides registered clubs, there are many other groups (amongst friends) forming their own sessions.

I have complains from some trainees, telling me that they have been pushed aside, as more non-trainees are coming to play, and therefore pushing them aside.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-15-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow I have complains from some trainees

I have complains from some trainees, telling me that they have been pushed aside, as more non-trainees are coming to play, and therefore pushing them aside.
    Also, one of the reasons that we change to Epsilon (Yellow) is because some of our trainees involved in inter-school matches need to get used to them (as they are the shuttlecocks used at their matches).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 2012 China Open Super Series Tournament playing this week

For our CCCers wishing to follow the current international matches playing this week, here is the link (the China Open SS Premier);

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...3-769050C423AB
    For CCCers wishing to watch live-streaming for this tournament, here is the link;
    http://www.badmintonlink.com/Watch-B...ing_China_Open

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone interested in $50 Li-Ning racquet? sell this for friend

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...rne?highlight=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys,
    I must have missed an interesting session!
    I have known Chris for about 10 yrs now through badminton and i believe he has seen/done/run more badminton sessions than any of us. So although i was previously a 2009 Uni Club president, > 280 members on database, some sessions of > 80 members turning up, 8 courts, tournament, about 50 tubes usuge/mth, etc, i will defer to Chris on badminton matters because his experience in badminton matters is unquestionable.
    For eg, Format - undoubtably, Chris has been through all different formats before ending up with the current format. Shuttles - the current stock has to be used up, the players can let the organisor know the feel/quality for future reference, Use of shuttles - has to be controlled but i think the group is quite good in this regard (having in the past seen other players who use more shuttles than pros!).
    Players have to give and take and be more relaxed about the organising of games. For eg, sometimes, there are more players waiting on 1 court than the other, then the games have to be reorganised to make the wait time more even, although it may mean that some players may have to wait just a little longer for the reorganisaton to flow through. The players may wait longer this time but next time round, when the games are reorganised, they may benefit from it. Evens out in the end i think.
    Whatever organisation (reorganisation) that Chris does, i'm sure he does it to ensure the smooth operation of the session.
    Cheers and Onwards to the next session!

Hi CCCers,

We shall start our Booking List for Wednesday CCC at MSAC: 21-Nov-2012

It's our 241st Wednesday Social Session at MSAC (after we have moved here permanently); and it's our 44th for this year.

We do a Booking List:
    (1) To welcome BadmintonCentral members to attend.
    (2) To ensure that players who have booked in would not be turned away.
    (3) To ensure that we have enough games for all players, it is best not to exceed 18 players.
    Hope to have our 'Booking List' finalised by Tuesday 6:30pm.

Reminder:
    If you cannot attend, you will need to be removed before 4:30pm on Wednesday, otherwise you will be charged.
    Why? Because there are CCCers who are wishing to attend (checking to book in - up to the last hours) have found themselves missing out after we have FULL HOUSE.

For any questions about our CCC Badminton Club, please post to ask here (in this thread).

It's found that newer BCers do not know how to turn the pages of our thread. Just click on the page numbers found at the top or bottom section of this page.

Our CCC courts for this session:
    (2 courts to 11:00pm)
    (1) Court No.10.....from 7:30pm (3.5 hours)
    (2) Court No.11.....from 8:00pm (3.0 hours)
    giving us a total of 6.5 hours of court-time.

Booking List:
    * = Players who attended last session
    ( ) = Date when booking is made

(1) Wen Y*...............(Thu 15 Nov 2012)
    (2) Alex H*...............(Thu 15 Nov 2012)
    (3) Ajay T*...............(Thu 15 Nov 2012)
    (4) Sampson G*........(Thu 15 Nov 2012)
    (5) Jerry L ........(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)
    (10)
    (11)
    (12)
    (13)
    (14)
    (15)
    (16)
    (17)
    (18)
    (FULL HOUSE: Maximum of 18 reached)

No Reserve List anymore:
    CCCers are to watch out for late withdrawals (after we have FULL HOUSE).

Partnership List
    Please fill in your names:

(1) Wen Y + Alex H
    (2) Ajay T + Sampson G
    (3) Jerry L + Daniel ?
    (4)
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Shuttlecocks
    Brand: Epsilon (Yellow)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys,
    I have known Chris for about 10 yrs now through badminton and i believe he has seen/done/run more badminton sessions than any of us. So although i was previously a 2009 Uni Club president, > 280 members on database, some sessions of > 80 members turning up, 8 courts, tournament, about 50 tubes usuge/mth, etc, i will defer to Chris on badminton matters because his experience in badminton matters is unquestionable.
    For eg, Format - undoubtably, Chris has been through all different formats before ending up with the current format. Shuttles - the current stock has to be used up, the players can let the organisor know the feel/quality for future reference, Use of shuttles - has to be controlled but i think the group is quite good in this regard (having in the past seen other players who use more shuttles than pros!).
    Players have to give and take and be more relaxed about the organising of games. For eg, sometimes, there are more players waiting on 1 court than the other, then the games have to be reorganised to make the wait time more even, although it may mean that some players may have to wait just a little longer for the reorganisaton to flow through. The players may wait longer this time but next time round, when the games are reorganised, they may benefit from it. Evens out in the end i think.
    Whatever organisation (reorganisation) that Chris does, i'm sure he does it to ensure the smooth operation of the session.

Hi CCCers,

It's our 241st Wednesday Social Session at MSAC (after we have moved here permanently); and it's our 44thfor this year.

We do a Booking List:
    (3) To ensure that we have enough games for all players, it is best not to exceed 18 players.

Reminder:
    If you cannot attend, you will need to be removed before 4:30pm on Wednesday, otherwise you will be charged.
    Why? Because there are CCCers who are wishing to attend (checking to book in - up to the last hours) have found themselves missing out after we have FULL HOUSE.

For any questions about our CCC Badminton Club, please post to ask here (in this thread).

It's found that newer BCers do not know how to turn the pages of our thread. Just click on the page numbers found at the top or bottom section of this page.

Booking List:

(6) Dhina G*..............
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (7) Tejas H................
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (8) Sri Kiran G*..........
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (9)
    (10)
    (11)
    (12)
    (13)
    (14)
    (15)
    (16)
    (17)
    (18)

No Reserve List anymore:

Partnership List

(1) Wen Y + Alex H
    (2) Ajay T + Sampson G
    (3) Jerry L + Daniel ?
    (4) Dhina G + Tejas H
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Shuttlecocks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow $50 Li-Ning racquet

Quote Originally Posted by 2101qq10 View Post

Hi 2101qq10,

Perhaps you can bring it along the for our CCCers to try/test it out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi 2101qq10,

Perhaps you can bring it along for our CCCers to try/test it out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi 2101qq10,

Perhaps you can bring it along for our CCCers to try/test it out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Our internet connection in Melbourne is not great

OMG... Our internet connection in Melbourne is not great.

My post has been multiplied.. Hahaha.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow I keep saying that CCC is really for our CCC trainees, but......

Quote Originally Posted by jjlee118 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have known Chris for about 10 yrs now through badminton and i believe he has seen/done/run more badminton sessions than any of us.

So although i was previously a 2009 Uni Club president, > 280 members on database, some sessions of > 80 members turning up, 8 courts, tournament, about 50 tubes usuge/mth, etc, i will defer to Chris on badminton matters because his experience in badminton matters is unquestionable.

For eg, Format - undoubtedly, Chris has been through all different formats before ending up with the current format. Shuttles - the current stock has to be used up, the players can let the organisor know the feel/quality for future reference, Use of shuttles - has to be controlled but i think the group is quite good in this regard (having in the past seen other players who use more shuttles than pros!).

Thank you Jerry for your kind words.

You were there (10 years ago) when we formulated our CCC policy.

Much has been happened since then. But, we shall keep to that policy; which is to promote Badminton to more players.

Although I keep saying that CCC is really for our CCC trainees, but we shall also welcome non-trainees to participate in our social sessions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CCC Badminton is a Coaching Club.

You might be mistaken that we are just for games/social sessions.

When we calculate expenses-vs-income, our club session is only breaking even. You need to know.

Only some CCCers know that our income/expenses are shared evenly throughout all our sessions. Currently, read some of our Sunday's CCC thread.

There are some times when we have only one trainee turning up on our Sunday CCC CATS.

Our CCC Badminton Club is really for players wishing to learn more about Badminton - We are not just a club of games players.

For games players, there are many other clubs catering (at MSAC) for them. namely;
    * Wesley Badminton Club, playing on Monday night.
    * Albert Park Badminton Club, playing on the same night (Wednesday night) as us.
    * MSAC Badminton, playing on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons.
    * etc. etc, .... (just to name a few).

I can only say that you should try out other clubs - Because you could find that other clubs might suit you better.

Actually, I am thinking of closing our Wednesday CCC Social Sessions - Why? Because many of our CCCers do not understand what CCC Badminton Club is all about.
    Chris,

I am not happy with the way you are handling the criticism that has come to life this week. As you will have noticed on Wednesday night, I have no personal objections against you or the way the sessions are run. You are extrapolating this issue into astronomical proportions.

Also, I have been a supporter of you and CCC for years, and I do not appreciate the numerous posts where you quite literally tell me (and I assume others) to quit and find other clubs to play with. If this is the way you really feel, there seems to be very little point to opening this dialogue.

Even though I feel mildly insulted by your attitude, I think it is more worrying that you are trying to pass the off financial breakdown I supplied as wrong or inconclusive. Realistically you pocket around $150 every Wednesday (before shuttle expenses) and you only need 2 participants on Sundays to break even.

I totally understand that you wish to make a small profit, I would feel the same in your position, but I do not appreciate the lying around this issue. Do not try to pass CCC off as 'breaking even' when that is very clearly not the case.

In regards to CCC being a coaching club: awesome, great, fantastic. How is it you feel that I have neglected your philosophies in my conversations with you?

PS: I play for Wesley on Mondays, and I am extremely happy with the price, format and level of play. Why should that exclude me for playing with you? I have not once complained about your price or the structure of the games, this started as an argument between you and Alex and has just gotten way out of hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi CCCers,

It's our 241st Wednesday Social Session at MSAC (after we have moved here permanently); and it's our 44thfor this year.

We do a Booking List:

Reminder:

Booking List:

(6) Dhina G*..............
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (7) Tejas H................
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (8) Sri Kiran G*..........
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (9) Daniel S*..............(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (10)
    (11)
    (12)
    (13)
    (14)
    (15)
    (16)
    (17)
    (18)

No Reserve List anymore:

Partnership List

(1) Wen Y + Alex H
    (2) Ajay T + Sampson G
    (3) Jerry L + Daniel
    (4) Dhina G + Tejas H
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Shuttlecocks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielskovli View Post
    Chris,

I am not happy with the way you are handling the criticism that has come to life this week. As you will have noticed on Wednesday night, I have no personal objections against you or the way the sessions are run. You are extrapolating this issue into astronomical proportions.

Also, I have been a supporter of you and CCC for years, and I do not appreciate the numerous posts where you quite literally tell me (and I assume others) to quit and find other clubs to play with. If this is the way you really feel, there seems to be very little point to opening this dialogue.

In regards to CCC being a coaching club: awesome, great, fantastic. How is it you feel that I have neglected your philosophies in my conversations with you?

PS: I play for Wesley on Mondays, and I am extremely happy with the price, format and level of play. Why should that exclude me for playing with you? I have not once complained about your price or the structure of the games, this started as an argument between you and Alex and has just gotten way out of hand.
    Yes, I have put in some strong (but simple) words in my posts.

The main issue is "If unhappy with how CCC is run/organised, then why play at CCC?".

It's directed to everyone, but unfortunately you have found it directed just to you. No, that's not the case. It's only directed to anyone unhappy playing with us.

The other pressure that come from our trainees is they have found themselves being pushed aside. And that, it needed to be stated (therefore I mentioned it). I actually prefer all who have attended our CCC CATS to attend. Why? Because they understand what CCC stands for. But, trainees are not reliable to attend our night session, therefore we have always welcomed non-trainees to attend our Social games.

You have been to our CCC CATS, therefore you understand what CCC is about.

Others who don't understand might not be coming in the future.

What got me mad and angry at our last session was when I told all to discuss matters at our forum, it was not accepted with understanding.

We always wish for our club matters to be open and transparent. Why? Because not a CCCers are present. Only when we post matters in our forum, then can all CCCers know what's happening and we hope that they will comment/vote about issues.

The issue of shuttlecocks was informed to all quite plainly. We have 40 tubes of this batch remaining to be used (and it's estimated to last until the end of our Summer season). Therefore, if players do not like the shuttlecocks, then please don't play with them.

We have only 2 options; To finish using the shuttlecocks or not.

If we don't use them, more than $1,000 will be wasted. Some might say why not sell them to others? No way, selling them takes time and I won't want to be doing it.

Your calculation about my income is realistic - When compared to your job, you will be wondering why I do it. Coaching and promoting Badminton is my full-time job. It has been 10 years now since I started. Jerry will know, as he was there when I announced to all CCCers that I will go full-time coaching. Income has been almost nothing, but I still continue with it because I love Badminton.

Yes, when 2 trainees turn up for our CATS, I will not have income. But still, I will coach and be with them when they are interested to train. And our trainees know it - They often ask why do I do it when I don't have income? My reply is income shall be coming from the Social Games Department (but it's really very little, and sometimes we lose money when fewer players attend).

I have posted our income-vs-payment equation before. Searching through this thread, CCCers will find it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Don't play with us if our policy doesn't suit you

What got me mad and angry at our last session was when I told all to discuss matters at our forum, it was not accepted with understanding.

We always wish for our club matters to be open and transparent. Why? Because not a CCCers are present. Only when we post matters in our forum, then can all CCCers know what's happening and we hope that they will comment/vote about issues.
    I hate it when some CCCers tell me things in private. Some example;

* If so and so come, they won't come.
    * They only wish to play against certain players (forming their own clique of players).
    * I only want to play with certain shuttlecocks (slow/fast enough so that my clears are good).
    * etc, etc, ....

My reply has always been standard: "Don't play with us if our policy doesn't suit you".