User Tag List

Page 475 of 501 FirstFirst ... 375 425 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 ... LastLast
Results 8,059 to 8,075 of 8508
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 2012 China Open Super Series Open playing now

Let's relax now.

Here are the links for the 2012 China Open tournament playing (as I type);

For results: http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...3-769050C423AB

For live-streaming: http://www.badmintonlink.com/Watch-B...ing_China_Open

I am watching via StopStream [C2]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielskovli View Post
    Chris,

I am not happy with the way you are handling the criticism that has come to life this week. As you will have noticed on Wednesday night, I have no personal objections against you or the way the sessions are run. You are extrapolating this issue into astronomical proportions.

Also, I have been a supporter of you and CCC for years, and I do not appreciate the numerous posts where you quite literally tell me (and I assume others) to quit and find other clubs to play with. If this is the way you really feel, there seems to be very little point to opening this dialogue.

Even though I feel mildly insulted by your attitude, I think it is more worrying that you are trying to pass the off financial breakdown I supplied as wrong or inconclusive. Realistically you pocket around $150 every Wednesday (before shuttle expenses) and you only need 2 participants on Sundays to break even.

I totally understand that you wish to make a small profit, I would feel the same in your position, but I do not appreciate the lying around this issue. Do not try to pass CCC off as 'breaking even' when that is very clearly not the case.

In regards to CCC being a coaching club: awesome, great, fantastic. How is it you feel that I have neglected your philosophies in my conversations with you?

PS: I play for Wesley on Mondays, and I am extremely happy with the price, format and level of play. Why should that exclude me for playing with you? I have not once complained about your price or the structure of the games, this started as an argument between you and Alex and has just gotten way out of hand.
    Daniel,

Reading the posts you've made thus far, I personally felt that your comments were fair and were made in the best interest of the participants, whilst your attempts to highlight the issues of which the vast majority of us has been made to put up with were in the right ballpark.

I also trust that anyone who's true to themselves would have no trouble embracing your points, however it is based on this view that I am also equally certain that your efforts will go to waste (as has mine). As it seems we are in fact dealing with someone who had continously demonstrated a devoid of integrity.

I will elaborate this further, but first let me state that I've not had issues with some of the matters that have been unceremoniously brought into surface (i.e. playing structure, a 10-yr old mission statement, not-for-profit or profit (which might be an area of interest to the ATO, not us) and so forth), which I suspect is nothing more than an act deployed to distract those affected stakeholders from the real matters at hand.

Which now brings me to the issues I stand for;

I think you'd agree Daniel, if I said that it feels like we've been taken for a ride / as a fool. All of us made a commitment to be present at these sessions, and are entitled to an expectation that these sessions are set up in a reasonable manner, failing otherwise, at the very least a courtesy explanation as to why these expectations were not met. For example:

a. making it there on time as an organiser (being late for close to an hour of the planned 3 and half hours session, is definitely a material disruption to say the least)

b. shuttlecocks - this goes way back. In short, everybody including the organiser had unanimously agreed that the yellow shuttles are of inferior quality to the black one, point. Reasons given leading up from a few weeks ago were:

1) it was purchased as a favor to a friend supplier who needed to clear stocks (despite full knowledge (through expressed concerns by the participants and undisputed decades of subject matter experiences) that this isn't the shuttle of choice)
    2) then, to seemingly fulfil the wishes of four (that is 4 out of 18) new participants who is preparing for a school tournament, which has nothing to do with the rest of the 14 participants!
    3) and now, that there were a thousand of dollars of stocks already acquired as a result of a serious misjudgment (re; point one above), and therefore the easiest way is to shove it down the throat of the participants;
    4) the participants have now also been reminded that they have no place whatsover to voice their grouses, despite the fact this represents the view of the majority of active participants, and despite the fact that now this issue has been brought to discussion in an open forum as insisted.

c. 18 max is EIGHTEEN MAXIMUM, point. Overriding this rule as and when one feel's like doing so is a serious disrespect to the other participants who had not only committed their evening just to find themselves forced into more waiting than playing time as can be rightfully expected, but whom had also fully paid for that session. Promoting the game or promoting higher fee collection, you be the judge.

All that non-member vs member vs trainee talk is nonsensical at best in my perspective Daniel. It's as simple as if the session is set up for the trainee, then do not make it open to social, if it's made open to social, then don't come up with rules which marginalise the non-trainee participants as we are not beggers for freebies, on the contrary, we pay full equal price (+ advanced membership fees) if not more as clearly illustrated in your earlier post, Daniel.

Any way, you should know that the views I expressed here are tailored for yours and other like minded fellow participants' consumption only, as I have lost any interest to driving these discussions any further.

And to your question Daniel, yes I will try to attend the remaining two sessions for the month, as I genuinely look forward to playing with you and the many friends I've gained over the course of the last couple of years (and for this I'd like to acknowledge the organiser) in these sessions of which I have loyally participated, before I go off for my holidays in Dec.

Rgs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi CCCers,

We shall start our Booking List for Wednesday CCC at MSAC: 21-Nov-2012

It's our 241st Wednesday Social Session at MSAC (after we have moved here permanently); and it's our 44thfor this year.

We do a Booking List:
    (1) To welcome BadmintonCentral members to attend.
    (2) To ensure that players who have booked in would not be turned away.
    (3) To ensure that we have enough games for all players, it is best not to exceed 18 players.
    Hope to have our 'Booking List' finalised by Tuesday 6:30pm.

Reminder:
    If you cannot attend, you will need to be removed before 4:30pm on Wednesday, otherwise you will be charged.
    Why? Because there are CCCers who are wishing to attend (checking to book in - up to the last hours) have found themselves missing out after we have FULL HOUSE.

For any questions about our CCC Badminton Club, please post to ask here (in this thread).

It's found that newer BCers do not know how to turn the pages of our thread. Just click on the page numbers found at the top or bottom section of this page.

Our CCC courts for this session:
    (2 courts to 11:00pm)
    (1) Court No.10.....from 7:30pm (3.5 hours)
    (2) Court No.11.....from 8:00pm (3.0 hours)
    giving us a total of 6.5 hours of court-time.

Booking List:
    * = Players who attended last session
    ( ) = Date when booking is made

(1) Wen Y*...............(Thu 15 Nov 2012)
    (2) Alex H*...............(Thu 15 Nov 2012)
    (3) Ajay T*...............(Thu 15 Nov 2012)
    (4) Sampson G*........(Thu 15 Nov 2012)
    (5) Jerry L ........(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (6) Dhina G*..............
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (7) Tejas H................
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (8) Sri Kiran G*..........
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (9) Daniel S*..............(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (10)
    Alex T*..............(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (11)
    (12)
    (13)
    (14)
    (15)
    (16)
    (17)
    (18)
    (FULL HOUSE: Maximum of 18 reached)

No Reserve List anymore:
    CCCers are to watch out for late withdrawals (after we have FULL HOUSE).

Partnership List
    Please fill in your names:

(1) Wen Y + Alex H
    (2) Ajay T + Sampson G
    (3) Jerry L + Daniel
    (4) Dhina G + Tejas H
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Shuttlecocks
    Brand: Epsilon (Yellow)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi CCCers,

It's our 241st Wednesday Social Session at MSAC (after we have moved here permanently); and it's our 44thfor this year.

We do a Booking List:
    (3) To ensure that we have enough games for all players, it is best not to exceed 18 players.

Reminder:
    If you cannot attend, you will need to be removed before 4:30pm on Wednesday, otherwise you will be charged.
    Why? Because there are CCCers who are wishing to attend (checking to book in - up to the last hours) have found themselves missing out after we have FULL HOUSE.

For any questions about our CCC Badminton Club, please post to ask here (in this thread).

It's found that newer BCers do not know how to turn the pages of our thread. Just click on the page numbers found at the top or bottom section of this page.

Booking List:

(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (10)
    (11) Keven W..............(Sat 17 Nov 2012)
    (12) Tony Z..............(Sat 17 Nov 2012)
    (13) Eric L..............(Sat 17 Nov 2012)
    (14) Steven L..............(Sat 17 Nov 2012)
    (15) Scott L..............(Sat 17 Nov 2012)
    (16)
    (17)
    (18)

No Reserve List anymore:

Partnership List

(1) Wen Y + Alex H
    (2) Ajay T + Sampson G
    (3) Jerry L + Daniel
    (4) Dhina G + Tejas H
    (5) Keven W + Eric L
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Shuttlecocks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Partnership Listing

It looks like some CCCers are either not aware of Wen's suggested Partnership Listing, and/or leaving up to me to decide for your partners.

I am getting ready to go for our CCC CATS now. The Partnership Listing shall be updated later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi CCCers,

We do a Booking List:

Reminder:

Booking List:

(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (10)
    (16) Jeff Y*..............(Sun 18 Nov 2012)
    (17) Jill T*................(Sun 18 Nov 2012)
    (18)

No Reserve List anymore:

Partnership List

(1) Wen Y + Alex H
    (2) Ajay T + Sampson G
    (3) Jerry L + Daniel
    (4) Dhina G + Tejas H
    (5) Keven W + Eric L
    (6) Jeff Y + Jill T
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Shuttlecocks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Moving forward

The gentlemen above have driven a point right on the mark. Lets learn from it and move forward to doing what we enjoy doing. Play on!

Hi CCCers,

We do a Booking List:

Reminder:

Booking List:

(6) Dhina G*..............(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (7) Tejas H................(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (8) Sri Kiran G*..........(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (10) Alex T*..............(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (16) Jon B*..............(Sun 18 Nov 2012)
    (17)
    (18)

No Reserve List anymore:

Partnership List

(1) Wen Y + Alex H
    (2) Ajay T + Sampson G
    (3) Jerry L + Daniel
    (4) Dhina G + Tejas H
    (5) Keven W + Eric L
    (6) Jon +
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Shuttlecocks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correcting the booking list of my previous post, to include Jeff and Jill.

The gentlemen above have driven a point right on the mark. Lets learn from it and move forward to doing what we enjoy doing. Play on!

Hi CCCers,

We do a Booking List:

Reminder:

Booking List:

(6) Dhina G*..............(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (7) Tejas H................(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (8) Sri Kiran G*..........(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (10) Alex T*..............(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (18) Jon B*..............(Sun 18 Nov 2012)

No Reserve List anymore:

Partnership List

(1) Wen Y + Alex H
    (2) Ajay T + Sampson G
    (3) Jerry L + Daniel
    (4) Dhina G + Tejas H
    (5) Keven W + Eric L
    (6) Jon +
    (7) Jeff Y + Jill T
    (8)
    (9)

Shuttlecocks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Booking List for Wednesday CCC at MSAC: 21-Nov-2012 (& partnership List as at Sun)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    It looks like some CCCers are either not aware of Wen's suggested Partnership Listing, and/or leaving up to me to decide for your partners.

I am getting ready to go for our CCC CATS now. The Partnership Listing shall be updated later.
    We now have FULL HOUSE.

I shall let players (without stating about their partnerships) to organise themselves before or at our session. I could be consulted, but I shall not make the decisions for you.

==================================================

Hi CCCers,

It's our 241st Wednesday Social Session at MSAC (after we have moved here permanently); and it's our 44th for this year.

We do a Booking List:

Reminder:

Booking List:

(5) Jerry L................(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (6) Dhina G*............(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (7) Tejas H..............(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (8) Sri Kiran G*........(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (9) Daniel S*............(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (10) Alex T*.............(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (11) Keven W*.........(Sat 17 Nov 2012)
    (12) Tony Z*............(Sat 17 Nov 2012)
    (13) Eric L*..............(Sat 17 Nov 2012)
    (14) Steven L*.........(Sat 17 Nov 2012)
    (15) Scott L.............(Sat 17 Nov 2012) New 1 - From our CCC Sunday CATS
    (18) Jon B*..............(Sun 18 Nov 2012)

No Reserve List anymore:

Partnership List

(1) Wen Y + Alex H
    (2) Ajay T + Sampson G
    (3) Jerry L + Daniel S
    (4) Dhina G + Tejas H
    (5) Keven W + Eric L
    (6) Jeff Y + Jill T
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Shuttlecocks
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-18-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Format - playing same pairs too often

2) Personally I do not enjoy this format at all. It is too rigid/structured and it does not allow players to organise games and limits players flexibility for game organisation. I understand this method worked for previous format where we had approximately 26 players each week. Currently we have 18 players (or 19 including Chris), i'm sure with 2 courts being available, players can organise their own games.

Another thing that i don't like about this method is on some occassions, you and your partner end up playing the same pair for multiple times during the night and didn't play against other players.

For example: 2 weeks ago, there were 18 players that means we had 9 pairs in total. Due to the game structure which states:
    "2.4 After your Qualification Matches, there should be winners and losers awaiting to play in the next scheduled match (the Challenge Match). As scheduled and when players enter onto the court, the 4 players may exchange partners if they wish (in other words only amongst the 4 winners, or only amongst the 4 losers). If a winner is to partner a loser, we don't know how to name your pair (as a winning or a losing pair)."

My partner and i ended up playing:

4 times against 1 pair
    2 times against 2 pairs
    1 time against 4 pairs.
    0 time against 1 pair.

There is not enough distribution with every other players during the session. I like the idea that everyone can play against each other however, this format does not allow for that to happen. Maybe we should trial for self organisation in future weeks. It may or may not work but at least we're trying something else.

Cerebellum

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i see your point Cerebellum. Perhaps the pairs can arrange among themselves to play against the other pair, with the winning pair swapping places with a losing pair and getting the ok of the other winning pair who was going to play with the original winning pair. i would have no prob with that if i'm a losing pair and was asked about the possibility to swap, provided my partner and the other winning pair agrees. I think all of us are badminton friends and would not mind a bit of leeway going both ways.
    What do you guys think?
    Cheers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb CCC Badminton is a coaching club

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    The gentlemen above have driven a point right on the mark. Lets learn from it and move forward to doing what we enjoy doing. Play on
    Thank you Jon for making that statement. It highlights some relevant matters.

As the founder of our CCC Badminton Club, I need to repeat what I have said to our CCC trainees and social players (new or old).

We have to make it clear because many of our CCC training/social players don't know about it. I shall state it here below (as to how our CCC Badminton Club has progressed);

1. CCC Badminton Club is a coaching club formed 10 years ago. It was when our CCC CATS (our Coaching And Coaching Session) was formulated.

2. Later, I was asked to organise social sessions by our CCC trainees, so that they could practice what they have learnt at out CCC CATS.

3. When our CCC social sessions were opened (to non-trainees to participate), many others did join in.

4. Somehow, many non-trainees thought the opposite way - That CCC is a Social Badminton Club with a coaching division to teach them to participate in our social sessions. It has to be reminded that this is not the case; We are a coaching club with trainees wishing to invite others to join in to play/practise social games with them.

5. etc, etc, ......

We need to repeat this: Our CCC Badminton is a coaching club. But at our Social sessions, there shall be no coaching, because we are to our enjoy games (without interruption with comments/instructions as how we play during our games).
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-18-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb One of our reasons for how we formulated the format for our social games

Quote Originally Posted by jjlee118 View Post
    2) Personally I do not enjoy this format at all. It is too rigid/structured and it does not allow players to organise games and limits players flexibility for game organisation. I understand this method worked for previous format where we had approximately 26 players each week. Currently we have 18 players (or 19 including Chris), i'm sure with 2 courts being available, players can organise their own games.

Another thing that i don't like about this method is on some occassions, you and your partner end up playing the same pair for multiple times during the night and didn't play against other players.

For example: 2 weeks ago, there were 18 players that means we had 9 pairs in total. Due to the game structure which states:
    "2.4 After your Qualification Matches, there should be winners and losers awaiting to play in the next scheduled match (the Challenge Match). As scheduled and when players enter onto the court, the 4 players may exchange partners if they wish (in other words only amongst the 4 winners, or only amongst the 4 losers). If a winner is to partner a loser, we don't know how to name your pair (as a winning or a losing pair)."

My partner and i ended up playing:

4 times against 1 pair
    2 times against 2 pairs
    1 time against 4 pairs.
    0 time against 1 pair.

There is not enough distribution with every other players during the session. I like the idea that everyone can play against each other however, this format does not allow for that to happen. Maybe we should trial for self organisation in future weeks. It may or may not work but at least we're trying something else.

Cerebellum

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i see your point Cerebellum. Perhaps the pairs can arrange among themselves to play against the other pair, with the winning pair swapping places with a losing pair and getting the ok of the other winning pair who was going to play with the original winning pair. i would have no prob with that if i'm a losing pair and was asked about the possibility to swap, provided my partner and the other winning pair agrees. I think all of us are badminton friends and would not mind a bit of leeway going both ways.
    What do you guys think?
    Cheers.
    One of our reasons for how we formulated the format for our social games is to ensure that our timid players don't get less games to play.

Previously, it has been seen that our more out-going players keep entering the court to play, therefore giving our timid players having fewer games.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-18-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with jjlee118 - regarding the format.

My suggested format- Why dont we make the swapping mandatory between the winning pairs or losing pairs? We can try it for one night.

Others please feel free to suggest and lets agree on a trial format.

Jon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why dont we make the swapping mandatory

My suggested format- Why dont we make the swapping mandatory between the winning pairs or losing pairs? We can try it for one night.

Jon
    It's a good suggestion. Let's try it.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-18-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Why don't we make the swapping mandatory?

Jon
    It's a good suggestion. Let's give it a try. But please leave me out.

I need a break in organising for you social players.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-18-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am assuming this is swapping the sequence of playing (not swapping partners)

Scenario:-

Current play: Winning Team A vs Winning Team B
    Next play: Winning Team C vs Winning Team D

A wish to play D. So A (skip on game) can swap with C (play one game earlier) to play against D. Basically if any team willing to wait and another team willing to play forward (of course need have mutual agreement on this). This applies the same for the Losing team.

Do note that C (some want to rest or otherwise) may have just finish the game not long ago. However this may result to a very confusing situation when everyone starts changing. Especially when (assuming above scenario remains):

Subsequent next play: Winning Team E vs Winning Team F

B wants to play with E ; F wants to play with D

The end result will become (this is the most simple everyone-ok scenario though and may not happen):

Current play: Winning Team C vs Winning Team E
    Next play: Winning Team A vs Winning Team F
    Subsequent next play: Winning Team B vs Winning Team D

Confusion on sequence of play can lead to arguments.

Also, going back to the off the court issue (I remember reading somewhere) faced by Chris on people asking him if this player is coming ornot, then I won’t come etc. IMO this will happen on the court unfortunately. Although I don’t know the actually reason but obviously will be either something like that pair sucks(waste of time?) or too good(can’t beat them?)

I know I’m not adding suggestion but contrary. To make sure we get to play against each other (all), limited swapping is good or maybe a league or bring back the white board?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amiguy View Post
    I am assuming this is swapping the sequence of playing (not swapping partners)

Scenario:-

Current play: Winning Team A vs Winning Team B
    Next play: Winning Team C vs Winning Team D

A wish to play D. So A (skip on game) can swap with C (play one game earlier) to play against D. Basically if any team willing to wait and another team willing to play forward (of course need have mutual agreement on this). This applies the same for the Losing team.

Do note that C (some want to rest or otherwise) may have just finish the game not long ago. However this may result to a very confusing situation when everyone starts changing. Especially when (assuming above scenario remains):

Subsequent next play: Winning Team E vs Winning Team F

B wants to play with E ; F wants to play with D

The end result will become (this is the most simple everyone-ok scenario though and may not happen):

Current play: Winning Team C vs Winning Team E
    Next play: Winning Team A vs Winning Team F
    Subsequent next play: Winning Team B vs Winning Team D

Confusion on sequence of play can lead to arguments.

Also, going back to the off the court issue (I remember reading somewhere) faced by Chris on people asking him if this player is coming ornot, then I wonít come etc. IMO this will happen on the court unfortunately. Although I donít know the actually reason but obviously will be either something like that pair sucks(waste of time?) or too good(canít beat them?)

I know Iím not adding suggestion but contrary. To make sure we get to play against each other (all), limited swapping is good or maybe a league or bring back the white board?

Thank you very much amiguy. At least i know that another person understands what i'm talking about.

You're right in saying that everything will get confusing once multiple teams want to change partners/opponents etc etc. Hence, i brought up the suggestion that we organise games ourselves (by that i mean requests games and let Chris organise that matches) or create a sheet for game numbers and we can allocate our games there (or whiteboard, same thing).

I know it can be confusing because a couple of weeks ago, the matter was even simpler than this and yet it seemed like it was rocket science. here was the scenario:

Current Play (at 10PM): Team A (myself) vs Team B (Chris) - Winner's court
    Team C vs Team D - Loser's court

i wanted to play against Team D as i had not played them all night due to the nature of play sequence. So i asked Chris if i could swap with team C, but Chris did not understand what i was talking about as he thought that this would disrupt the play sequence. In reality, this should have any issue at all considering that both Team A9 (my team) and Team C were scheduled to play next.

This is the main reason why i dislike the current format. it creates confusion to some players and reduce flexibility.

Happy to hear suggestions for any other formats we could try.

regards,

Cerebellum