User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 35 to 49 of 49
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hehe... May you be reminded that the top end Yonex'es are made in Asia (Japan)
    Well yeah..not exactly everything..but in most of the cases,asia's stuffs is cheaper than western's.For badminton,i guess it's an exceptional case,since badminton is bigger in asia,n badminton things developed quicker there.


    But western top ends branded rackets like sotx,wilson,babolat..even though they're quite new in badminton industry,some of their high ends rackets costs as much as the yonex high end as well.I have even seen a sotx woven racket that is 300 rmb more expensive than the AT900 or NS9000,the most expensive yonex rackets.

    Well..i believe that's because yonex is the best brand in badminton industry,starting from when badminton popularity just reach its young age.Maybe from the 60s?Till today,almost everyone that play badminton,will at least know about yonex racket,or have one.That's why they're so expensive.

    Older ppl,like my dad,all they know about a good racket brand is yonex.That's why i said before..yonex is almost as popular as the badminton sport,like "everlast" in boxing.What can i say..having a yonex let some of us felt closer to badminton.

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    652
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tried a fake AT-500. It broke within ten minutes and was terrible.

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by westwood_13 View Post
    I tried a fake AT-500. It broke within ten minutes and was terrible.
    Damn..that was fast.Similar with the hart racket that i played with before.First day,first 30 minutes.

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, there are good fakes and bad fakes. Depends on who makes them. I know for a fact that there are some copies out there that are exact duplicates of YONEX rackets. Not only do they look the same, but are made using the same technology (t-joint and material). These are a little more expensive than the cheapo fake ones where they just painted it and slapped on a YONEX sticker.
    Last edited by AZbadman; 01-10-2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: to add more text

  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZbadman View Post
    Yes, there are good fakes and bad fakes. Depends on who makes them. I know for a fact that there are some copies out there that are exact duplicates of YONEX rackets. Not only do they look the same, but are made using the same technology (t-joint and material). These are a little more expensive than the cheapo fake ones where they just painted it and slapped on a YONEX sticker.
    Did you cut it up and check? Where did you get the proofs?

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZbadman View Post
    Yes, there are good fakes and bad fakes. Depends on who makes them. I know for a fact that there are some copies out there that are exact duplicates of YONEX rackets. Not only do they look the same, but are made using the same technology (t-joint and material). These are a little more expensive than the cheapo fake ones where they just painted it and slapped on a YONEX sticker.
    I doubt they have the same material n tech in it..but i heard lots of ppl claimed that they better fakes got the similar feelings to the genuine ones.From the stiffness n the weight.They even got the same format of serial numbers n it's engraved.The only problem might be on the frame,since it can only hold below 25lbs.

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    I doubt they have the same material n tech in it..but i heard lots of ppl claimed that they better fakes got the similar feelings to the genuine ones.From the stiffness n the weight.They even got the same format of serial numbers n it's engraved.The only problem might be on the frame,since it can only hold below 25lbs.
    I have just bought 3 fakes rackets recently (MP99, AT700 & NS8000). Don't be surprised...I strung them at 31lbs. I have clashed one of my racket twice. There's not a single scratch on the racket. Don't get me wrong, I'm not encouraging people in BC to buy fakes. Just to share my experience with the fakes racket with all the BC'ers.

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smasher8 View Post
    I have just bought 3 fakes rackets recently (MP99, AT700 & NS8000). Don't be surprised...I strung them at 31lbs. I have clashed one of my racket twice. There's not a single scratch on the racket. Don't get me wrong, I'm not encouraging people in BC to buy fakes. Just to share my experience with the fakes racket with all the BC'ers.
    Well..yeah.I've heard alot of these kind of news as well.Anyway,it's just the store keeper words..that it can't hold a high tension.Who knows what max tension exactly does these rackets can hold exactly.Hehe..Nice then,that u can string them that high.

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    True...that was what the people who sold to me said. He said his racket are exactly like the genuine racket and can hold high tension. Since I was always curious about the fakes, I just buy 3 different models and see if what he said is true. It really surprised me. I know there is LOW QUALITY FAKES & BETTER QUALITY FAKES.

    Probably what I got must be the BETTER QUALITY FAKES. Lucky me..because I expect those rackets to crack or break with that high tension.

    At least now, I have 3 more rackets in my collections.

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I bought a fake NS9K but when it arrived the head was warped... so i never really got to give it a go... think if i cut the strings and get it restrung then i could use it?

    thinking about getting another racquet something i can smash more in when compared to my NS8K but thats a different topic...

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada, BC, Burnaby
    Posts
    763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had a fake mp100 that looked pretty real at the time I bought it. It played horribly with bad accuracy, heavy vibrations, and it seemd to absorb any power you tried to put into your shots due to random flex. Don't buy fakes!

  12. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have totally left Yonex behind now after playing on Apacs rackets for 2years,.. I've Not come across a Yonex racket I prefer more than a genuine Apacs copy

    I've been Delighted with the Apacs brand,.. There's lots of talk of companies missing off screws that attach the handle to the shaft,.. I have found these screws in every Apacs racket I have used, the build quality appears to be just as good and the Feel and response of the rackets i use I just seem to prefer.

    A couple of months ago, I was playing on my favorite match racket (apacs nanospeed 9000) along side my doubles partner who plays on a Yonex Nanospeed 7000,.. We clashed rackets and his racket simply exploded into 3 pieces, My 'Fake' racket came off with a single crack,.. and i even managed to finish off the match with it.

    I'm not about to turn this into another bloody Apacs appreciation thread however lol,... I think the only argument you can realistically claim is that there are indeed good fakes and bad fakes,.. search around a bit and be careful what you buy and you'll find a racket you like and you wont have to shed out loads of money for it either.

    I can understand why people would perhaps feel safer buying a major company branded racket like Yonex or Carlton,.. But this is how i feel about Apacs,.. it's all about what you're used to and what your opinions are and how well they have been researched before being formed.

    Hope my ramblings make at least a limited amount of sense lol

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retro_10s View Post
    I have totally left Yonex behind now after playing on Apacs rackets for 2years,.. I've Not come across a Yonex racket I prefer more than a genuine Apacs copy

    I've been Delighted with the Apacs brand,.. There's lots of talk of companies missing off screws that attach the handle to the shaft,.. I have found these screws in every Apacs racket I have used, the build quality appears to be just as good and the Feel and response of the rackets i use I just seem to prefer.

    A couple of months ago, I was playing on my favorite match racket (apacs nanospeed 9000) along side my doubles partner who plays on a Yonex Nanospeed 7000,.. We clashed rackets and his racket simply exploded into 3 pieces, My 'Fake' racket came off with a single crack,.. and i even managed to finish off the match with it.

    I'm not about to turn this into another bloody Apacs appreciation thread however lol,... I think the only argument you can realistically claim is that there are indeed good fakes and bad fakes,.. search around a bit and be careful what you buy and you'll find a racket you like and you wont have to shed out loads of money for it either.

    I can understand why people would perhaps feel safer buying a major company branded racket like Yonex or Carlton,.. But this is how i feel about Apacs,.. it's all about what you're used to and what your opinions are and how well they have been researched before being formed.

    Hope my ramblings make at least a limited amount of sense lol

    There's 1 thing you are confused with: the "clones" (i.e. Apacs, Winex, Finnex, Yelnox, Fleet, etc) are NOT fakes.

    The definition of fake is, the racket is poorly made without Yonex's authroization, but with an identical or close color scheme as the real one, and sold under "Yonex" lable.

    I have no problem using (and I did use a few) decent made "clonex" brands, as long as they are from reputable manufactures with decent performance. However, I do have a problem to see ppl promote fakes, as it's simply against the law.

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    no confusion,... the reason i call my rackets fake, is becuase My Apacs nanospeed 9000 has the same serial number on it as my mates Yonex Nanospeed 9000 at the club i play

    unless he has a fake yonex. lol... it's all too complicated, in any case,.. I stand by my apacs any day over yonex rackets

  15. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retro_10s View Post
    no confusion,... the reason i call my rackets fake, is becuase My Apacs nanospeed 9000 has the same serial number on it as my mates Yonex Nanospeed 9000 at the club i play

    unless he has a fake yonex. lol... it's all too complicated, in any case,.. I stand by my apacs any day over yonex rackets

    that is some coincidence!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. extremepower rackets.hollow racket?fake nano rackets?
    By Noobsmash in forum Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos are required)
    Replies: 32
    : 02-28-2010, 07:18 AM
  2. Have anyone played with the Kason X-Carbon rackets?
    By mater in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 0
    : 09-27-2009, 09:43 PM
  3. Fake Rackets?
    By Zhang Ning in forum Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos are required)
    Replies: 2
    : 04-29-2005, 10:29 AM
  4. Has anybody here ever played with Ashway rackets?
    By MYSRH in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 2
    : 12-08-2001, 11:06 PM
  5. Has anybody here ever played with Ashway rackets?
    By MYSRH in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 12-08-2001, 03:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •