Anyone played using FAKE / COPY rackets?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Smasher8, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Smasher8

Smasher8 Regular Member

Telecommunication Business
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone from BC have played or tried out the FAKE /COPY rackets?

I'm new in here and curious, other than SERIAL NO. can we tell by just trying out with the rackets?

Looking forward for all the PROS in here. Thanks.

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

other than the serials, you can tell by examining some other features of the racquets, do a search and you'll see what i mean.

fakes also tend to have a different feel, stiffness and weight wise compared to the original racquets.

3. Smasher8

Smasher8 Regular Member

Thanks for your reply and appreciate it very much.

4. Ken168

Ken168 Regular Member

Student
    yeah i have a fake racket its really flexible..but even if its fake its kinda cool hehe

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Fakes are usually (I mean USUALLY) from low end OEM in china. These lowend racquets are eight for beginner or defects/rejects painted to looks like real name brand. So for players who is more advanced and experienced with the model same as the fake, a couple min playing time is need to know the fake is not for him/her. They usually are very flexable with chaep nylon string.

There are good deals on the internet to be found. However, if you find a deal for a new racquet that is less than 60% of the known shop price, don't buy it. What is too good to be true is usually too good to be true.

6. clearng

clearng Regular Member

Sales marketing
    wat a boring title

7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Well..i used to play with a fake racket,when i was beginning to play this sport.All i care is a cheap racket.Hehe..n i dont care about the tension,the grip,the string either.But things changed when i got better.My advice is if u wanna save n u're just begin to play this sport,it's ok to buy a fake/copy racket.But,however,someday when u're getting good,u'll expect more n more.

8. Smasher8

Smasher8 Regular Member

The reason behind this question is that I don't want to get my hand into Fake / Copy rackets since the Fakes are getting more difficult to differentiate these days.

Have anyone wonder that some shops which sells ORIGINAL rackets may give their customer the fake racket after they strung the racket. Normally the new racket comes without string and to get the racket string, it will take at least 45mins & most customer will come back in 2-3 hours time. The customer will pay the ORIGINAL racket price for the fake.

What do you guys think of the chances that to happen?

Thanks for the reply from KEN168, SILENTHEART & SMICHZ.

9. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Any shop who strings racquets will probably label who's racquet belongs to who, so the chances of that happening is slim. Besides, an authorized yonex dealer will no sell fake racquets along with real ones.

10. helloworld

helloworld Regular Member

I have a fake one with engraved serial number like the real one.

Appearance:
    Painting of fake one is not as smooth as the real one but you must look at it carefully in order to recognize it.
    Some Yonex logo (at the Cone) is easy to be damaged in short time
    There are some "cracks" on the racket after short time of using

Feeling: You must use a much more power in order to push the bird compare to the real yonex one or other real brand one :).

11. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    also, if you're a hard hitter player and play frequently, the head-shaft or the cone will break quite fast

12. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    Actually, from personal experience, I have every genuine high end model of YONEX rackets since the mid 80's. I also have many fake ones too. I consider myself intermediate skill level and have found that some of the fake ones are just as good as the real ones. Paint quality, material, markings and feel are comparable for a quarter of the price. I can buy 4 rackets for the price of one original genuine one. One to play with and 3 for back up. It's not the racket that makes the player. Just my 2 cents.

smashblocker likes this.
  13. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    First of all, im sorry but i can't really agree with your part about having fake rackets. Honestly, the quality MAY feel like its good but in fact it is not made out of the same material compared to the real. So what does this mean? Not only are you paying for something that is not authentic, you are paying for something that is going to break easily and may cause injury to yourself as well as the poeple you paly with/against. 99.9% of the fake rackets out there DO NOT HAVE THE SCREWS built in with the shaft and handle and this would mean that if you play aggresive enough, the shaft and handle may come apart thus you will be launching a peice of your racket at your opponent. Most people are perceived by the fact that paying 25% of the retail price of a real one is good? Not really, because IMO, fakes break pretty easily..or atleast through my experience, therefore this would make you spend much more money on fakes when you could of saved up and grab a real AUTHENTIC racket. Atleast when you buy a real racket, you have some warranty on it but it usually covers as far as manufacturer defects, however i think sotx offers a little more on their warranty( not sure though). With fake rackets, you will get lots of vibration, low torsion( racket twisting) making it hard to play many shots, dangerous, quite flexible and does it really sound good to carry a fake around? No.. ! I can say that most if not all of the members on Bc would discourage the use of fakes jsut because it could potentially harm someone.

All in all, invest your money in an authentic racket. There are a couple sellers on ebay/online stores that sell authentic rackets for relatively lower prices than you could get in your country sometimes. Do a little research and in no time, the deals will come to you ;) If your a begginer, no point on investing into the TOP of the line rackets...jsut get a low end Muscle Power, Carbonex, Isometric or Armortec..and this should last you a couple years or atleast until your skill improves. =]

#13 BennyC, Dec 29, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  14. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

It's still only a racket...

Fake or not, the racket is still a racket. I play with an APACS nano900power which is a ripoff of the Yonex A900T in all exterior observation. It doesn't say Yonex (YY) and it doesn't play like the A900T but it does play quite well. It also survived quite a few clashes, similiar to those that destroyed my YY Iso90light. My main racket is now the Cab30ms but that is more because I enjoy an oval over an iso.

The bottom line is, you do get what you pay for. A YY is expensive but not everybody will be willing to "get the real stuff". For myself, my game did not improve enough with the YY's to warrant the price difference. As long as the buyer is aware of what he is getting, I see no harm in skimping on the racket and spend the money saved on a coach, strings, shoes & grip.

15. Smasher8

Smasher8 Regular Member

To AZbadman,

1. How long have you been using those fake rackets?
    2. Are you saying, there's not much different in term of feel and appearance?
    3. Currently, which GENUINE racket are you using?

To BennyC,

1. What are the difference between Yonex Nanospeed 8000 and Apacs Nanospeed 8000 in terms of material & etc.?
    2. Is Apacs' racket considered as FAKE / COPY as well?
    3. Did you personally have seen the screw that was in the shaft to hold the racket?

For those who have the fake & also the genuine racket,

1. Has anyone broke their FAKE & GENUINE rackets?
    2. Has anyone seen what inside the GENUINE racket which the FAKE doesn't have?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not supporting FAKE rackets. I only would like to understand more and hope all the experts in here willing to share their knowledge with all the BCers.

I'm sure by just asking the serial code and production code are not good enough because I'm sure those who produced these FAKE racket can do the same on the serial code as well.

Looking forward to here from the experts in BC.

Thanks.

16. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Someone cut open an MP77 and posted the pictures on another forum. You could clearly see the Ultimum Ti wires in the shaft. I think you can see some in my broken MP99. Also, somebody used an X-ray and found out Yonex fakes have no T-joint.

You guys shouldn't be using your own personal experience to describe fakes; each fake is a different racquet as there are no quality controls, and there is no standard. One fake can be well made, another could be a piece of garbage. You never know what kind of racquet you get until it's too late.

17. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Smasher8

To BennyC,

To help him save some breath...

1. What are the difference between Yonex Nanospeed 8000 and Apacs Nanospeed 8000 in terms of material & etc.?

See, the thing about Apacs is that they're a good compay who doesn't make fakes of the real one, rather they're a company that makes their own racquet line just that their colors mimic that of yonex. That said, there's better quality control, and the things that should be there like the metal T joints and screws in the shaft/handle are all there making the quality factor there. Performance wise, they can't possibly be exactly the same as Yonex, but much closer than a Fake one with no quality controls.

2. Is Apacs' racket considered as FAKE / COPY as well?

Copy

3. Did you personally have seen the screw that was in the shaft to hold the racket?

I have never seen a APAC's Racquet in real life, but I can tell you my old fake ones did not have the screws under the base grip.

For those who have the fake & also the genuine racket,

1. Has anyone broke their FAKE & GENUINE rackets?

After smashing hard, the head will break off the shaft and you'll notice that there's an absence of the metal T joint piece which gives it strength. My friends have had their fake ones break @ the shaft /cone area.

2. Has anyone seen what inside the GENUINE racket which the FAKE doesn't have?

People have done some X-ray's on the forum here: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18363&highlight=x-ray+fake

Pictures speak for themselves. Bottom line, don't buy fakes... if you're low on cash and want a yonex, buy an apacs at the very least. Otherwise, there's many other very good quality brands out there which are cheaper but less popular like carlton's etc.

Well said... Don't even risk 25% of a real racquet funds!

#17 Optiblue, Dec 30, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  18. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    LMAO! thanks optiblue, sure saved me some time =]

To Smasher8:

Ive had a racket shaft fly right out of the handle( just missed my partner when i went for smash at the back playing doubles) and ive seen the handle and shaft crumble when a guy went for a smash. Ive also experienced the tjoint area starting to snap off..which could of been EXTREMEL|Y dangerous. A couple months ago, i bought a couple fakes from differnet sellers for testing purposes because a number of my friends were thinking of buying some but i thought that having a fake will have some major conseqences. As i had guessed, fakes are a complete waste of money and quite dangerous. Like Optiblue has said, invest your money into other brands such as carlton, wilson, sotx, etc because they are still high end rackets for a very economical price =]

#18 BennyC, Dec 30, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  19. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    I have a Nanospeed 9000S genuine racket and the Nanospeed 9000X fake racket. I also have a Nanospeed 8000 genuine racket, Ti10 and many more in my racket bag. What I'm saying is that the fake ones that I own, are pretty darn good. I haven't broke one yet, but I can assure you they have the T-joints in them. I will post some pictures next week when I get my camera back. I'm sure there are many companies that produce these fake ones, but there are some good ones out there too. I can't tell the difference with the ones I have. I'm an intermediate player that loves to play aggressively and have never had any problems. I'll let all of you know as time passes how the fake ones are holding up. Happy playing!!

20. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

iow dun comment on fakes?

Then how do you propose we comment on fakes then? Why should yonex be given the benefit of personal experience but others not? How did you form the impression that fakes are of unstable quality if not from personal experience either from your own or hearsay? Or is the only valid experience with fakes bad? Will there be a measurable decline in your game if your racket did not feature any of the technologies you mentioned?

I'm only playing the devils advocate because my personal experience with fakes/copies ain't all bad. I actually like my apacs more thant quite a few of my more expensive yy. It outlasted some of them and costs significantly less. This is not saying that all the fakes (or even apacs) are good but there are good rackets out outside of yy.

Btw, the apacs did not have a builtin t-join.