User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Difference between high end and low end

Since I started playing Badminton I really never had those lower end Yonex rackets like the Voltric 7, Muscle power 7 Nanoray 100 etc I have always had those high end ones like the Z-Force/ arcsaber 11 etc. To keep it short to those people that own and played with both low end models and high end models is there really a huge difference in terms of feel and power?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes on the whole. Most low end rackets are usually medium flex and use mediocre materials and you can definitely tell the difference when comparing with their higher end counterparts. However from your list above, NR100 is different in that it is a decent racket for the price as it has similar technology compared to NR800, 700FX, 700RP and 500. The difference though is the head balance is different and again decent players will notice the difference.

This is not to say good players shouldn't play with low end rackets, if it does a good job for that player, then that's fine. However the difference is very apparent.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Just a word of advice. Whenever you're furious with your parents or you think they're terrible, just remember, you vomited on them and they kept you.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have a VT-7 but now I have a VT-70ET. Specs-wise they are pretty similar and it shows. There really isn't a huge amount of difference between the two, however the Vt-70ET just feels a little more refined and a little more crisp that the VT-7. Having said that, the VT-7 is one damn good racket for the price and I'd seriously recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap heady heavy racket.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of thoughts and controversial discussions regarding this topic can be found here:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...igh-end-racket

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The amount of vibration in low ends... T____T