User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 138
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    this post is really sarcastic n annoying.
    the issue of lcw's statement is over.he apologised.the statement is inappropriate.i hope we can learn to forgive lcw.

    i promised to stay out of this.but who would able to read this sarcastic statement?

    new year of 2008.BAM,coaches,players are getting more matured.why cant the fans?
    Very typical Malaysia Boleh type of response.

    What is so sarcastic when it is a fact??

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    malaysians,have any idea of being a good ,matured n wise fan?
    on this discussion,how to make the rexy's statement as something useful to developed kkk/tbh?

    n u guys,have we ever blamed the coach after the lost before?
    LCW did n he apologised.any other player did the same thing?
    i lived in this world for 18 years .n being a badminton fan 4-5 years ago.it is hardly seen Malaysians blamed the coaches.
    n after lcw's SIN last year,i think we have learned.why it should be an isuue to attack (i dont know who) now?
    Last edited by koo_fan; 01-07-2008 at 05:30 AM.

  3. #54
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,265
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Yes!!! If Malaysia fails to land that Olympic gold, hang the coach!! Its the coach's fault, never the shuttlers.

    Just like LCW falling apart in the WC in KL, it was Yap Kim Hock's fault. Hang Yap Kim Hock for sitting too near the court. Pressure la.

    Malaysia Boleh.
    Dear Pemuda, to be fair, LCW did issue an apology. Anybody can have an emotional outburst and regret. At least he wasn't pigheaded enough to refuse to apologise. Let's not be too selective of the facts shall we?

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Dear Pemuda, to be fair, LCW did issue an apology. Anybody can have an emotional outburst and regret. At least he wasn't pigheaded enough to refuse to apologise. Let's not be too selective of the facts shall we?
    Dear Cheung,

    I think it is a fair statement to say that LCW was 'advised' by BAM to apologise to the head coach. But I agree to be fair, at least LCW was man enough to own up. Lets also look at things from a macro perspective, shall we?

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Whoops, my reply got deleted, stick to badminton then.

    1) I meant I loyar buruk, you dont react. But you didnt get it & reacted, took the bait.

    2) On KKK/TBH, yeah, yeah, you already repeated that many times.
    a) You would read the Utusan Msia article, the intv with Rexy abt "pressure" Rexy himself was OG champ, he would know better - he is their coach for 2 years ++, he would know them better too.
    Whether he's saying that to cover himself in case of failure or to protect them(as some BCer suggests), up to individual to decide

    b) When I talk about pressure, mostly I'm thinking of TBH - it's very, very obvious it effects TBH, he has said so numerous times. + can see it in his face when he plays.
    TBH is now 2nd youngest member of Msia MD team (youngest is TWee Kiong, currently replacing CCM to partner Hoon).

    He doesnt see all this attention as 'wah, I very great' but as 'Aiyooo, so much hope, very tension lah'. But, but, they are learning to cope with it, hopefully they can handle it come OG time.

    In public, Rexy is harder on KKK, KKK being more senior & I think cos Rexy thinks KKK can handle it. TBH - if use the hard hitting style, he will crumble.

    The pressure issue wise - earlier post I already gave example on Fu/Cai in 2004 OG. They flopped in their 1st OG 2004, they themselves said it's due to "still young, lack of maturity to handle it." And these are China players, supposed to have better mental strength than Msia players. China players have also won numerous major events.

    I only mention MD example cos KKK/TBH are MD. And in the OG prediction thead, I also dont predict KKK/TBH to win gold in 2008 due to inexperience & lack of maturity - it's their 1st OG, just look at what happened to LD, Fu/Cai in 2004.

    And the other factors have been covered the other BCers.

    3) Sailing, equestrian, squash - just a short one, dont want to get deleted again. Read up the news reports yourself - squash dev funding got cut in 2008 - remember this is elit sports, one of the more succesful ones, also funding reduced. Sailing, an experienced 'sailor' got funding cut in 2007, he gave up the sport.

    3) Football - your fav sport, you know better. Tennis, dunno, I dont follow Msia tennis news, that's why I asked.

    4) Exactly, since Hafiz's not delivering, no point wasting time complaining abt him since he's under private club - unless you know Nusa Mahsuri's management & complain to them directly. I also listed KLRC players, they also less pressure, but they also not making waves, but KLRC still send them.

    5) Of course rewards doesnt guarantee gold, nobody can. But it's one of the indications of how much the government appreciate our althetics in comparision to other countries in the region.
    SEA Games also Indonesia willing to give so much reward, OG dont know how much they going to give.

    And yes, I know, you often bring up the "mentally weak" or "attitude" issue. Then again, how does our government appreciate the successful ones, the mentally stronger ones (monetary & non monetary) in comparision with other countries?
    Remember the Nicol David example.
    My dear,

    You are all over the place. Not very consistent.

    One minute you say "Msia players buckle under pressure part is about badminton players. That is of course assuming they already fullfill the other criterias : i.e. have the skills, work hard (X5), etc, etc. That also goes for other sports" and then you back tracked with "when I talk about pressure, mostly I'm thinking of TBH - it's very, very obvious it effects TBH, he has said so numerous times. + can see it in his face when he plays"

    And you further shoot yourself in the leg by saying this "since Hafiz's not delivering, no point wasting time complaining abt him since he's under private club - unless you know Nusa Mahsuri's management & complain to them directly. I also listed KLRC players, they also less pressure, but they also not making waves, but KLRC still send them"

    What happened to your argument; "too much pressure begets burden, too much burden ->failure. Failure -> lost of confidence -> more failure, becomes self fulfilling prophecy. There goes the vicious cycle".

    One minute you say Malaysian players buckle under pressure then you back tracked and admitted you are refering to TBH only. You dont take one TBH's case and make the assumption. When Hafiz is pointed out to you, you brushed it away as a waste of time. What happened to your point that pressure caused Msian players to meltdown??

    Let me remind you that Fu/Cai won that WC and has 8 Grand Prix titles.

    And what has cash rewards gotta do with results?? Look at Denmark, they won that Olympic gold.

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sis eaglehelang,i review ur posts n pemuda's posts.dont worry la kak,u WON.
    he used the same facts since 6 months ago.what can we do is just wait n see his 'latest' posts.

    peace.

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Let me remind you that Fu/Cai won that WC and has 8 Grand Prix titles.
    Fu/Cai only won the WC after numerous attempt.
    At that time, they were experience enough.

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    we are talking about pressure.rite?
    as when REXY CRACKS WHIP,the pressure goes to kkk/tbh.(im back on topic i hope)
    how to handle those pressures is the question.
    as a die-hard fan,kkk is makes me proud.i dont know u guys,but for me,he is capable to be a player,an athlete.he handle the pressure now with a proper way.having an observer like pemuda who is very perceptive n can sense a minor mistake n sin,is a pressure too.(wonder how his wife will face that)ok.serious again.having this kind of fan is good for the our badminton generally.but for the players,they are a burden

    see,the pressures are everywhere.n the way our players handle those pressure are different.
    kkk maybe can,but we cant hope the same thing for tbh.they are two different person.so,when we are not able to be consistent in our statement,it should be understandable.
    once we talk about All Badminton Players,being able to cope with the pressure is the sign they are a good player.
    n when we are being specific(as im a kkk fan,i'll put kkk/tbh as a subject)
    kkk seems more matured n let the game goes smoothly.n tbh still trapped in lackness of self-confidence n played while thinking what rexy,reporters,fans,audience think about his game.i dont know the truth but thats what he showed me.
    so can we assume kkk/tbh as a pair that can cope with pressure?kkk can n tbh cant.what is the solid answer?

    for hafiz,this is a special case.let me tell u what he have in his journey as a badminton player.since 2002.shortly.
    good coach,financial support,discplined,good posture,inspiration,continous support etc etc
    tell me what he dont have?pressure is not the thing.its about something we would never know.
    even misbun is searching.
    we cant compare hafiz with tbh(specifically)

    n to put cash rewards as a factor that lead to "mudah lupa's stuff",let me think...NO.
    reward them to appreciate them-the slogan is simple.dont question that.
    just to remeber,in a proper way.i understand the points that rewards are spoiling the players.thats a wrong concept of reward.we learned from the past.-thomas cup '92 malaysia team(i hope u can still remember what happen after the victory).dissapointing.

    being firm is good,pemuda.just dont be too harsh.learn to look at something in a different way.u r not alone in this world.eaglehelang got her point.u too.
    stop twisting the words.

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zqloy View Post
    Fu/Cai only won the WC after numerous attempt.
    At that time, they were experience enough.
    Yes totally agree with you, and now they are struggling (up one tournament down the next) ........if they are Malaysians, Pemuda would be hard on them too.

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zqloy View Post
    Fu/Cai only won the WC after numerous attempt.
    At that time, they were experience enough.
    They won the WC in their 3rd attempt. Is that numerous to you??
    How many times have KKK particpated in the WC?

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    Yes totally agree with you, and now they are struggling (up one tournament down the next) ........if they are Malaysians, Pemuda would be hard on them too.
    Hmmm ... ever see me being "hard" with Wong Mew Choo??

    ..and really Malaysians need to not take anything negative as hard. We really need to get over this molly cuddle culture or else we wont be able to stand on our feet in the real world.
    Last edited by Pemuda; 01-08-2008 at 11:53 PM.

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    we are talking about pressure.rite?
    as when REXY CRACKS WHIP,the pressure goes to kkk/tbh.(im back on topic i hope)
    how to handle those pressures is the question.
    as a die-hard fan,kkk is makes me proud.i dont know u guys,but for me,he is capable to be a player,an athlete.he handle the pressure now with a proper way.having an observer like pemuda who is very perceptive n can sense a minor mistake n sin,is a pressure too.(wonder how his wife will face that)ok.serious again.having this kind of fan is good for the our badminton generally.but for the players,they are a burden

    see,the pressures are everywhere.n the way our players handle those pressure are different.
    kkk maybe can,but we cant hope the same thing for tbh.they are two different person.so,when we are not able to be consistent in our statement,it should be understandable.
    once we talk about All Badminton Players,being able to cope with the pressure is the sign they are a good player.
    n when we are being specific(as im a kkk fan,i'll put kkk/tbh as a subject)
    kkk seems more matured n let the game goes smoothly.n tbh still trapped in lackness of self-confidence n played while thinking what rexy,reporters,fans,audience think about his game.i dont know the truth but thats what he showed me.
    so can we assume kkk/tbh as a pair that can cope with pressure?kkk can n tbh cant.what is the solid answer?

    for hafiz,this is a special case.let me tell u what he have in his journey as a badminton player.since 2002.shortly.
    good coach,financial support,discplined,good posture,inspiration,continous support etc etc
    tell me what he dont have?pressure is not the thing.its about something we would never know.
    even misbun is searching.
    we cant compare hafiz with tbh(specifically)

    n to put cash rewards as a factor that lead to "mudah lupa's stuff",let me think...NO.
    reward them to appreciate them-the slogan is simple.dont question that.
    just to remeber,in a proper way.i understand the points that rewards are spoiling the players.thats a wrong concept of reward.we learned from the past.-thomas cup '92 malaysia team(i hope u can still remember what happen after the victory).dissapointing.

    being firm is good,pemuda.just dont be too harsh.learn to look at something in a different way.u r not alone in this world.eaglehelang got her point.u too.
    stop twisting the words.
    O deary me, here you go again

    Let me state that time is the best judge for all. This year is the Olympics and lets see in Beijing whether KKK/TBH can deliver or not. The Olympics is the best testing ground. Since I have said that in my opinion KKK/TBH are flash in the pan, I stand to be corrected. And I will be more than happy to eat humble pie should KKK/TBH take that Olympic gold.

    I will refrain from responding to your claims about me twisting facts etc as there is no medicine/cure for your prejudice.

    Have a nice day.

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    They won the WC in their 3rd attempt. Is that numerous to you??
    How many times have KKK particpated in the WC?
    fu/cai TOGETHER won the WC on their 3rd attempt. KKK AND TBH, only participated for WC together for the first time this year. men doubles means a team. must consider their performance when they play together. they might win the next WC.

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Hmmm ... ever see me being "hard" with Wong Mew Choo??

    ..and really Malaysians need to not take anything negative as hard. We really need to get over this molly cuddle culture or else we wont be able to stand on our feet in the real world.
    LOL, have I ever seen you being 'hard' with WMC ? I don't know and will never know.

    Seriously, perhaps hard was the wrong word -- I should have said harsh. You were a 'tat' harsh with some of your statements.

    At the end of the day, it is a tough life playing badminton - it is continuous training and commitment. Forget about the past management (whoever that irked you), the current crop of people and players are worth our praises. Despite their losses, KKK-TBH are playing well and improving. LCW has recovered his pride. Hafiz has realised he is 'not as good' as used to be and working hard to redeem. BAM is listening well. From my point of view, it is not a bad situation to be in.

    I am seriously looking forward to this new year with enthusiasm as a fan, and I am sure you are too despite being harsh.

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    LOL, have I ever seen you being 'hard' with WMC ? I don't know and will never know.

    Seriously, perhaps hard was the wrong word -- I should have said harsh. You were a 'tat' harsh with some of your statements.

    At the end of the day, it is a tough life playing badminton - it is continuous training and commitment. Forget about the past management (whoever that irked you), the current crop of people and players are worth our praises. Despite their losses, KKK-TBH are playing well and improving. LCW has recovered his pride. Hafiz has realised he is 'not as good' as used to be and working hard to redeem. BAM is listening well. From my point of view, it is not a bad situation to be in.

    I am seriously looking forward to this new year with enthusiasm as a fan, and I am sure you are too despite being harsh.
    Like I said, time is best judge. Lets see come this Olympics in Beijing

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    They won the WC in their 3rd attempt. Is that numerous to you??
    How many times have KKK particpated in the WC?
    Mind u that KKK hv only participated with TBH just 1 time.
    All yr post actually repeating the same thing. U should just summaries all that to one:
    All msian player sucks! I hate that they cant bring glory for me and i condemn them for that! I hate bring a Malaysian!

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    fu/cai TOGETHER won the WC on their 3rd attempt. KKK AND TBH, only participated for WC together for the first time this year. men doubles means a team. must consider their performance when they play together. they might win the next WC.
    Dude,

    Hold on to your horses, dont jump the gun. Please read my question again (pssst , to make it really easy for you I have highlighted the obvious)

    "How many times have KKK participated in the WC?"

    Not this year, dude. It was last year. Its 2008 now.

    And yes they might win the next WC just like they might win the Olympic gold etc. But 'might' is a very big IF.

    Have a nice day.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. whip sounding smash..
    By algonquinsmash in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 29
    : 07-06-2011, 05:02 AM
  2. WTB: [WTB] Prince Whip Lite
    By Xaviourz in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 01-14-2011, 10:02 AM
  3. Selling Whipper Nano Whip 60 Racket
    By zaclin29 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 04-17-2010, 09:53 PM
  4. Racket - Beginning cracks?
    By joker8baller in forum Broken Rackets
    Replies: 5
    : 08-04-2009, 08:23 AM
  5. Hairline cracks
    By Byro-Nenium in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 5
    : 07-08-2002, 07:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •