User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 103 to 119 of 138
  1. #103
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not forgetting Beckham's Missed penalty shot in the World Cup.

  2. #104
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    OT: but David Beckham still failed to win the most prestigious prizes...the World Cup and European Cup for England He didn't even win a silver or bronze in those events
    Talk about reading postings more carefully. I didnt say Beckham is a top rate player. I merely just listed down the trophies and England caps he has won as a fact.

  3. #105
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ... and talk about missing penalties and etc, obviously you conveniently you forgot the titles Hafiz won after his AE

    "They won titles even after their ALL ENGLAND win, compared to Hafiz.. none after his all England Win."

  4. #106
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    To most badminton fans (even Chinese fans), YES, an Asian Games GOLD is considered a MAJOR TITLE!
    Same category as the WC and Olympics??

  5. #107
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    ... and talk about missing penalties and etc, obviously you conveniently you forgot the titles Hafiz won after his AE

    "They won titles even after their ALL ENGLAND win, compared to Hafiz.. none after his all England Win."
    I did post that in Post#96 on this thread. I think he did.. Philippine Open. thats a consolation for him.
    Last edited by ants; 01-10-2008 at 01:24 AM.

  6. #108
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    I didn't say that Read my post more carefully. I was referring to the World Championships 2006. No doubt about it, Koo/Tan failed big time in the WC 2007 when they were expected to beat the Japanese pair

    Koo Kien Keat/Chan Chong Ming DID NOT EVEN PLAY one game in WC 2006 because Chan Chong Ming's father passed away. That was the unforessen circumstances

    How about 4 Super Series titles in one year, with 2 of them after the All-England title? That surely counts as a credible achievement I am not talking about the lower ranked GP events here
    Opps my bet then.

    In that case your "They failed in the WC 2006 because of unforeseen circumstances" is a little hard and inconsiderate. Since it was a passing of a family member that forced KKK/CCM to skip the WC in 2006, it would be unfair to call it a failure as they certainly did not failed in the WC 2006 when they did not even took part in the first place.

    4 super series in one year = good result. But the big one, WC in KL 2007 how??

    Ok, 1 'major title' in the Asian games gold and 4 super series titles ... lets see 2008 how, after all time is the best judge of all things.

  7. #109
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    I did post that in Post#96 on this thread. I think he did.. Philippine Open. thats a consolation for him.
    Your post in # 96:

    "Compare with Hafiz... i think KKK/TBH has done much better. They won titles even after their ALL ENGLAND win, compared to Hafiz.. none after his all England Win."

    Hafiz, after his AE win won 05' Thai Open, 05 Swiss Open, 05 Dutch Open, 06 Phillippines Open. Thus Hafiz did win a couple of titles after AE.

  8. #110
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Your post in # 96:

    "Compare with Hafiz... i think KKK/TBH has done much better. They won titles even after their ALL ENGLAND win, compared to Hafiz.. none after his all England Win."

    Hafiz, after his AE win won 05' Thai Open, 05 Swiss Open, 05 Dutch Open, 06 Phillippines Open. Thus Hafiz did win a couple of titles after AE.
    You remembered! Thats Good!

  9. #111
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    You remembered! Thats Good!
    Facts are facts. Would be irresponsible to ignore it.

  10. #112
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Facts are facts. Would be irresponsible to ignore it.

    Keep it up. Just remember the good things.

  11. #113
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Keep it up. Just remember the good things.
    Then how come you are not doing what you say?

  12. #114
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Define typical Malaysian fan, please.

    And since we are on the subject, what is a typical Danish, Chinese, Indonesian, Indian fan?

    I do not mean to generalize and this definitely does not apply to all Malaysian fans. What I meant was that you are quick to criticize your players when they lose, but you are slow to (or you hardly) commend them when they show good performance.

  13. #115
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Then how come you are not doing what you say?
    I always does remember the good things. I dont critic much.

  14. #116
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    I always does remember the good things. I dont critic much.
    "Compare with Hafiz... i think KKK/TBH has done much better. They won titles even after their ALL ENGLAND win, compared to Hafiz.. none after his all England Win."



    May be more credible if you own up and say that you overlooked Hafiz's successes after his AE win, instead of going about with this spin.

  15. #117
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well you do not need to highlight my mistakes. So what if i typed that statement? I think i need to apologize to YAB Hafiz Hashim. Bad Ants.

  16. #118
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,438
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Cant we not molly cuddle with the excuses like "they failed in last year WC because of unforeseen circumstances"?? When they win, you say they are great. When they did not win it is due to "unforeseen circumstances".
    Oh please....I am not even a MAS supporter So, I won't crow about their performance, whether it's wins or losses. Honestly, I will be more than happy if they were to lose to Kido/Hendra

    I am merely stating the fact even as an Indonesian fan, I (and I believe many other badminton fans) think that Koo Kien Keat has indeed delivered as a badminton player SO FAR. If he were to win the Olympics and World Championships, I think he will be the BEST PLAYER as NO MALAYSIAN PLAYER has EVER won all the 4 major titles! Give credits to him for his achievements instead of brandishing him with critiques all the time!

    I believe even the great Sidek brothers did not even win the Asian Games Gold in their illustrous career.
    Last edited by badMania; 01-10-2008 at 07:06 AM.

  17. #119
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,438
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Asian Games gold considered a major title in the same category as WC/Olympics??? Hmmm ... I dont think so, I am sorry.
    Ask your country's NSC. I think they will value that first ever badminton gold medal in Asian Games.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. whip sounding smash..
    By algonquinsmash in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 29
    : 07-06-2011, 05:02 AM
  2. WTB: [WTB] Prince Whip Lite
    By Xaviourz in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 01-14-2011, 10:02 AM
  3. Selling Whipper Nano Whip 60 Racket
    By zaclin29 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 04-17-2010, 09:53 PM
  4. Racket - Beginning cracks?
    By joker8baller in forum Broken Rackets
    Replies: 5
    : 08-04-2009, 08:23 AM
  5. Hairline cracks
    By Byro-Nenium in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 5
    : 07-08-2002, 07:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •