Yonex Grommet Set

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Wildstone, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

Hi I'm in Australia and just wondering where I could buy Yonex grommet sets? I'll be mainly using the grommets on Armortec 900 Technique. Thanks.

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Go to your auth YY dealer and ask them to order a set for you. It usually cost from $7~$10 USD in US. If not, call Yonex in AUS and ask the customer service to order one for you.

3. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

they sure will have it ?

4. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
  5. silentheart

Which one? Yoenx AUS or local auth dealer? Usually local dealer only carry general grommets. If you need special one, auth dealer can order one from Yonex for you. They might over charge you. If you really want, I can order a set for you. It will be $9 USD plus $1 s/H to Australia for you. However, it will be at lease 2 weeks before I can get it to you.

6. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

Hi silentheart ~~~ thank you so much and being so helpful. Yeah I'm really interested in getting one. 2 weeks wait is okay, thanks so much. How should we proceed further ?

PS. Is the grommet set for armortec 900 technique ? Or just general ?

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    You can try to ask your local Yonex agent for it. They might be able to give it to you for free.

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Yonex regional areas under Sunrise supply foc grommets to their dealers. If you string your racquets at a recognised Yonex dealer you should get a free grommet replacement.
    If the grommets in your racquet look worn blame it on your stringers for using the awl. Almost all my racquets-and I have no less than 50 at any time-have mint condition grommets. Worn and cut grommets are a sure tell-tale sign of the stringer using the awl to "butcher" your grommets and also strings (hidden under the grommet holes).

9. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

I called Yonex Australia and they said they won't supply the grommets directly to customers. They asked me to go through a dealer/reseller which is super amart or rebel. I went to amart and they said the problem with it is that they need a minimum order quantity. Anyway they said they will call Yonex Australia and see what they could do. Silentheart, may be I will really need to get a grommet set from you. I will let you know later. Thanks very much in advance. Oh yeah, the grommet set, are they racket specifics ? I mainly use it for AT-900T.

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I think the dealer is trying to sell you the grommets at a quantity it can do business with. Yonex provides free grommets to dealers as a service; they don't sell. Anyway, why do you need a set for a particular racquet? Frankly, I don't think they will oblige if you ask for a set because they don't have them, unless they get it from their assembly plant in Japan. Nobody buys a complete set.

I doubt you can get a grommet set for a particular racquet, as each racquet has different types and sizes of grommets. Except for specially designed types you can use any brand of grommet. Another source of grommets to look out for can be found in discarded broken racquets.

11. silentheart

I just called Yonex USA today and they are out of AT900 grommets. May I ask which one you need? I might have a generic that will fit and I can mail it to you in the mean time?
    Mr Taneepak, Yonex do charge dealer/reseller for grommet set. They are not free.

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I got a pack of about 50 free grommets from Yonex in Hong Kong after contacting them. They told me that as a general rule they don't deal directly with the public but only through their distributors/dealers, which they do not charge. In Hong Kong not many dealers who sell Yonex racquets are direct dealers.

13. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

Silentheart, first of all thanks a lot. I need the A2 grommet (the second hole from the center on the top frame). I think it's a generic one and not specific to AT900. However, I don't need them in rush so I can wait for a set. I think I will most likely have to get it from you but I will let you know around Monday, after the sport store calls me (I am pretty sure there will be nothing they could do about it).

How many grommets are there in a set ?

Thanks again for your help silentheart.

14. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

taneepak, thanks for your feedback. I guess it's just different policy for different countries.

15. kong-19

kong-19 Regular Member

casual worker and stringer
    Yonex Australia does not give away free grommets.

I got heaps of grommets. JUst bring ur racket to me
    I believe I can fix it, for free.

16. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

Hi SilentHeart, the store didn't call me at all. I guess I really need to get a set from you. I've PM you. Cheers.

kong-19, thanks very much. I will be getting a set of AT-900 so that's fine. Thanks for the offer!