User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Correct to be let. However, how long do you wait till before making a call? What happens if the shuttle decides to drop? ha.....how?
    well i have had this happen to me before, my opponent would play a shot it hits the tape and gets stuck in the net but not stuck stuck just seems to be hanging there for 5 - 10 seconds and decides to fall before we call it a let so basically its tumbling down along the net so i had to wait till it fell below the bottom of the net and then play the best shot that i could play at the current time which was bsaically a cross court net shot which rolled over the net.

To Chris@ ccc
    So it is possible for it to drop and for a shot to be played based off it but the shots you can play would be limited unless you can net roll it back or get a decent lift it is highly possible else you will be in trouble but its not impossible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up We are now on the thread's topic

Quote Originally Posted by smash_master View Post

To Chris@ ccc
    So it is possible for it to drop and for a shot to be played based off it but the shots you can play would be limited unless you can net roll it back or get a decent lift it is highly possible else you will be in trouble but its not impossible.

Hi smash_master,

We are now on the thread's topic... I was distracted by Loh(post#12) and CWB001(post#15).

They were talking about the service only.

And I just assumed that extremenanopower was talking about the service too (as a continuation of those posts immediately before his).

Post#1(by scann) and post#6(by me) were talking about "after the service is returned", and not "for the service".

So what you have said about "it is possible for it to drop and for a shot to be played" is correct.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-17-2008 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The law does not state "caught permanently on the net", just "caught on the net". Therefore, my belief is that any catching on the net that causes a delay in the fall of the shuttle, and then a resumption of the fall, is a let. Certainly, if it is caught for several seconds it should be a let, even if it subsequently falls.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation The difference is whether on Service or after Service

Quote Originally Posted by CWB001 View Post

Certainly, if it is caught for several seconds it should be a let, even if it subsequently falls.

OK...Let's talk about "caught on the net and remains suspended on its top".

If it is "from a service", then it is a 'fault' (Law 13.2.1).

If it is "after the service is returned", then it is a 'let' (Law 14.2.3.1).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    Hi smash_master,

We are now on the thread's topic... I was distracted by Loh(post#12) and CWB001(post#15).

They were talking about the service only.

And I just assumed that extremenanopower was talking about the service too (as a continuation of those posts immediately before his).

Post#1(by scann) and post#6(by me) were talking about "after the service is returned", and not "for the service".

So what you have said about "it is possible for it to drop and for a shot to be played" is correct.
    My bad, Sorryfor the misinterperation, yes you are correct on the serve it is most likley not possible for that to happen. But yes i agree with what you are saying based on the service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2