what should you do?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by newboy, Jan 5, 2008.

1. newboy

newboy Regular Member

sellsmen
    sometimes your partner ignore you and make you not comfortable and lost confident to play:mad:.things is he one lever higher then you and he make mistake more then you:rolleyes: , the game still on 13-19.we argue:eek:. at the end 18-21 we lost. should i go to say sorry to him:eek:. my point is ,he should control the game and encourage the partner he play with. lost the game doesnt mean the world will end :crying:. learn from mistake;).... GUY what should i do.

2. mkwanster

mkwanster Regular Member

IT System Administrator
    I don't know what to say. Playing doubles is a team work. What you guys arguing about?

3. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

save the arguments till later, arguing during the game just gonna cause more errors and more stress, talk it out after the games finished.

4. Phuong

Phuong Regular Member

maybe u should partner up with some1 who takes the game less serious next time

5. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    It isnt about the partner playing seriously anot. Everybody plays seriously, to win their game. Well, fact is this kind of people do exist. Since they think that they are more skilled than u in badminton, they will think that, them themselves making mistakes is ok, but the mistakes that the weaker player makes are stupid mistakes.

I used to think that way when i played with my gf when we started playing badminton together. But now, I dont blame her anymore because i know she has done her best. But i have yet to say sorry to her, ego maybe.:(:(

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    For the mean time,try to play with another partner,that is his/her level is around u.Aint no good playing with the kinda guy that always underestimated us.I used to felt that before as well.So i decide to get better first then play with or against him.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Tell your partner how you feel

Yes, say sorry to him that the game was lost.

And then tell him exactly what you have stated here;
    1. You felt ignored during the game and therefore felt not comfortable and lost confidence to play well.
    2. Tell him that you needed to be encouraged to play better and that to argue during the game will not.
    3. In future you will allow him to control the game since he is one level higher than you.

I am sure that he has been in your situation before... that is, he played partnering another player one level higher than him.

8. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

It's a matter of acting respectfully, and thinking about the feelings of other players.

Stronger players should be patient when playing with weaker partners. All too often I see the stronger player rolling his eyes, making loud sighing noises, or turning away in disgust. All of these behaviours are intended to say: "I would be winning, but as you can see, my partner is rubbish."

I'm sure most of us have been guilty of this behaviour at some point. It's a bad habit. Think about how your partner is feeling.

The stronger player should try to make his partner feel confident. He should encourage his partner: praise his successes (but don't patronise him!), and downplay his failures. Do everything you can to make the weaker player feel that you are happy to play with him.

He'll play better if he can focus his whole concentration on the game, rather than feeling intimidated by his stronger partner. The social situation has a big influence on how well someone plays.

The stronger player should be careful when giving advice. It is almost impossible to learn a new skill during a game, so never try to teach your partner footwork or hitting actions. Keep any advice to a minimum: a simple tactical idea, such as, "you see how far back he's standing? Try using a low serve instead of that flick serve."

If the weaker player fails to understand or implement the suggestion, then just quietly let it drop. You can always talk about it after the game. After the game, you can even discuss more detailed ideas, such as techniques -- if your partner is willing.

#8 Gollum, Jan 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  9. February

February Regular Member

since he has issues dealing with weaker players, and you said you were more skilled them him. So? Just beat him in singles, repeatedly if you need to, to make him realize that he's worse than you. Now, he will be a lot less likely to critisize you in doubles.

10. mkwanster

mkwanster Regular Member

IT System Administrator
    kick his ass!!! :D

11. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Social situations are so much more harder to "fix" than a badminton technique. What strategy to use? How to convey? Was it compelling?

It's an uphill journey, when you're already looked on (wrongfully or not), as "the weaker one."

-dave

12. newboy

newboy Regular Member

sellsmen
    jealousy

All may be the other way:eek: hes jealous.the higher lever player play in div 2 and lower one play in div 3. the standard their play are similar only different is experience:rolleyes:.
    DO YOU GUYS HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM BEFORE LIKE THE DIV 2 PLAYER OR DIV 3 PLAYER:D:D:D:D .
    if ones again the higher lever player ignor you and WHAT would you do ,you know both of you are similar standard:confused::confused::confused:
    DO YOU THINK THIS IS JEALOUS:mad::mad::mad:

13. newboy

newboy Regular Member

sellsmen
    Nearly

sorry guys forget to tell you ,that day is the first day i use my new racket SOTX WOVEN-8. the racket i bought from jerby in holland. is a good racket but the handle is a bit short . i will use to it few more weeks. still waiting another 2racket to come.:p

14. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    newboy,

Go easy on the extra large font and the colour, will you? :)
    No one here needs to be shouted at to understand or reply.

Cheers

15. cyclone9

cyclone9 Regular Member

i sometimes complain my partner when he make mistake.. haha
    but i do praise him for good shots....

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Is this a complaint to jerby?

Hahaha... Is this a COMPLAINT, an expression of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment. to jerby? :D:D:D