early bird special

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by hkhung, Jan 5, 2008.

1. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Rationale:

after discussion of friday/wednesday CCC@Msac, we were thinking of the importance of "knowing how many people are coming". As you can see on friday, to book more court on the nite is near impossible.

So knowing how many court that Chris has book in advance. Hence the birth of "early bird special". In the following, it's known as EBS.

Description:

In order to qualify for this, the person need to give Chris money in advance the week before. You give $7 for members and $9 for non members. Following are things that people might ask

- members and non members are welcomed to join in for EBS

- no limitation of number of people who qualify for EBS

- the deadline of payment is anytime before the session, so if you see chris for private coaching on friday, you could give him $$.

- using the KISS (keep it simple stupid) principle, you could pay in advance 1 session every week

- i would trial this for wedneday probably cos i don't think i would come for friday for a while at the end of each wed/friday session, i would collect $$ from people

It's not about the $$:

It is easy to see that saving $1 is not much, but this would save time for chris to collect $$. And obviously those people who has already paid would be able to play first. Please let me know what you think cos i need a few people to be interested in this to get started.

this is a draft for the EBS, so any suggestion is welcomed!

#1 hkhung, Jan 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    EBS is really for court booking in advance (7 days)

I appreciate that hkhung is trying to help to solve this question of:
    "How many courts Chris has to book in advance?".

Info: The booking of courts@MSAC is done 7 days in advance.
    Too much here:
    give Chris money in advance the week before and/or if you see chris for private coaching on friday, you could give him $$, and/or hkhung would collect $$ from people.

I prefer this simple (KISS) one:
    using the KISS (keep it simple stupid) principle, you could pay in advance 1 session every week.
    EBS is really for court booking in advance (7 days).

#2 chris-ccc, Jan 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  3. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Chris, that mean if you pay for friday session, you would accept payment only on the friday session before. rite?

must clarify all things before this wednesday. otherwise might give wrong info.

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

All we need to know is how many courts@MSAC are required 7 days in advance

Yes, that is the simplest thing to do... otherwise, payments for sessions can be mixed up.

All we need to know is how many courts@MSAC are required 7 days in advance, no more no less.

5. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

after discussing the EBS last night at supper with wednesday nite players, it would be implemented next wednesday CCC. Hence, any players are welcomed to pay money for the session on 25/1. cheers.

Chris, i am not coming this friday and probably not the one after knowing of my commitment on sat day morning. Would you be able to sell EBS to the friday CCC crowd? besides, some people (Thim, Sean) who go to both days already know, so they should be able to help explaining.

thank you to thim to help out for EBS.

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Explain the EBS only @Suppertime

After dealing with......
    1. The courts arrangement (paying and estimating if more are needed to be hired),
    2. The organising of players for their games (setting up and filling in their names on the whiteboard),
    3. The collecting of fees from players for the session and/or for their new memberships,
    4. Introducing new players coming to play with us for their first time,
    5. Answering questions from onlookers from adjacent courts about our CCC Social and/or Coaching activities,
    6. Making sure that our supply of shuttles is available for session games,
    7. Getting a list of players to attend our supper,
    8. Explaining to new players where we are having our supper,
    etc, etc......

I will explain your EBS only @Suppertime. :p:p:p

7. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

For people who can't come to supper, maybe Thim and Sean could help sell the idea. after being with our ccc@wantirna for some long, i am surprised the EBS idea is sold on the spot!

well i will email Thim about his "duty".

By the way, Chris, last nite Shy told me that he would invite Jane to play but knowing that wednesday crowd is probably too strong for her. I explain him that Chris would fix the game and make sure everybody have a balanced game.

anyway, cheers.

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Who said what ???

Please hkhung, press the 'Quote' button when you reply in future, so that we know who said what. :eek::eek::eek:

Yes I met Jane @MSAC on a Sunday, 10 days ago, and I have asked her to play with us.

9. btchia

btchia Regular Member

How's the response from the people at suppertime, when you mention about the EBS, anyone disagree? sorry i missed the supper...

10. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

not that i know of. then again, i am not a good listener ... period

i only remeber
    - obviously you and I support the idea
    - sean + lesley is quite supportive of the idea at supper + during the session
    - dominique (is this the right spelling?) and shy both said "sure" when i ask them during the session
    - patrick also said "sure" at supper

if anything, i think the guy who wear "caulfield badminton club t shirt" on his back did not say anything. chris, help me with the name of this player!!

so i think they all understand what we are trying to do here. anyway, will see next week.

11. btchia

btchia Regular Member

12. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

mystery solved. I am sure we will get a chance to sell the idea to his next wednesday.