Any one what to sell Yonex Boron 2 ?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by YY Fan, Jan 9, 2002.

1. YY Fan

YY Fan Regular Member

Sales
    Dear all,

Does anyone know where I can get a brand new Yonex Boron 2 ? Though I know it has been discontinued for a long time.

In addition, I also want Yonex Boron 200. Can anyone help me ?

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Gladius might be able to help you out with his chipped up Boron200.

I'm keeping mine for display purposes, and no amount of money could pry it out of my hands :lol: it's my old all time favorite.

I tried acquiring a Boron2 a while back, brand new purchased in the good old USA, with the plastic wrap still intact on the grip, but lost out. :p

Contact the one gentlemen, who listed their boron200 previously in this forum, he might be able to help you out.
    He was selling it for $75 Canadian. 2u-G2 (massive grip... dont know if you'll be able to play with it)

Anywho, best of luck to you.
    -Kelvin

3. Fan:

You can try your luck at:

http://hongkongfree.com/sports.html

I think this new Boron 2 is asking for HK$4,500.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    <b>OUCH!</b>

5. fox

fox Guest

I have one, please email me. Thanks!

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    even more painful than a 4500HK$ boron-2 is a broken boron-2. Eouch !

7. ABCD

ABCD Guest

Hey, Who is this guy! This guy does not write anything! He is interested only when he is selling rackets!i guess he closely follows the forum and then strikes it! No value addition but clever chap!

Foxy have fun! are u still selling Ur Other rackets that u Put up!

8. olli

olli Regular Member

medicine
    northern germany, in beautiful but rainy hamburg
    In what condition is it?
    Could you provide even more than only one?

9. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    That's an understatement!!!
    That's nearly $1000 Canadian! :lol:
    The one on ebay was a huge bargain compared to the 4500HKD being offered here, and the ebay one was purchased in the US!!!
    Thanks for the tip Mark.

10. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Boron 2 ?

Hi Kelvin,

I have both the Boron 2 and Boron 200. Unfortuntely, the Boron 2 is broken, though not too evidently and has been lying in my cupboard for years. Still cannot bare to throw it away as it stills hold many wonderful memories for me.

As for the Boron 200, well, I got it really cheap from a friend though it had no clashes, the paint did not adhere very well and as a result many 'chips'. I'm keeping it for now. Don't intend to to sell it off.

They are really excellent rackets if your style of play suit them.

Just like my archaic Carb 25, just took it out today and hey, it felt much better than my regular MP-100 !! ( Its probably physchological, but it may well be true !!!! ) ( Hey, its been in the market some 5-6 years already !! )

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    how much would you pay for an old boron-2? i saw a guy in my local gym who has one. was considering asking him for a trade.

kwun

12. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Ok well I contacted the guy in question, who is selling his Boron2 for $4500HKD.
    *cough, rip off, cough*

here's his reply to me:

"Dear Kelvin,
    My Boron-2 is 100% new racquet, its still plastic wrap on the grip; with a original case; no string & this racquet serial number is "CN". I'm the original owner & the racquet had bought for long time ago!
    If you have interest for this racquet & accept the price, pls give me your contact method!

Thanks & Regards,
    Chris"

Sounds like a good deal, if you're mega rich, and have nothing better to spend your money on.

13. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Holy cow! At CAD$915 a pop, you could buy 3 or 4 MP 100 or Ti-10 for that. Wonder if the Winex Boron-2 version is valued at even half of that!

Also, I'd thought that the Yonex Boron-2 was discontinued a number of years before Yonex started the destination code (TW, CD, CN, US, SP, etc).

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Yonex has CN racket for quite a while already. my coach who used to be in the Chinese team in the late 80s has a racket that simply says "CN".

15. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Think that guy mean the serial number? One of the guys in my group got an pld Carb 20 from the US that even predates the '3D-Logo' sticker and inscribed on the plastic sleeve was the " *******US " serial number. Believe it applies for CN rackets too.

16. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Gladius...
    Racquets purchased in North America were usually released after their Asian counterparts.
    We did not have "3d-logo" stickers, or holograms for that matter on our equipment, as their isn't much of a problem with fake, or counterfeit goods in this region.
    I think it was more a measure between Sunrise & Yonex to stomp out the black market in Asia.
    I'm pretty darn sure that if the American or Canadian government, or even our respective Yonex distributors were aware of a black market, they would crush it as fast as those goods can pop-up again. Yonex vigorously protects their rights, and products, and well basically their brand name.
    Anyways... one question... plastic sleeve??
    You mean the cone correct?
    That is where the serial numbers on our goods have either been engraved, or painted onto.

17. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    oh yes... one thing...
    As some of us have leared Peter... it was apparent that when the awesome Sun Jun still played competitively, that he was still being supplied Boron-2 racquets in CN version from Yonex. I'm not sure how they manufacture, but I think he received a vast amount of CN boron-2's in the last year of his career, but as many people in HK have already mentioned they are mainly sold out, and nobody is really willing to sell, unless they charge prices like that mentioned to me above... *sigh*
    that's why I feel bad for letting the one boron-2 on ebay slip away.

It was purchased in the US brand new, and in immaculate condition.
    Only there wasn't any original boron-2 racquet cover for it according to the seller. *sigh again*

Also the three boron-2's that I have seen still being used all have CD Canadian designations and when asked the owners said they purchased it in the late 80s so I'm pretty sure they were still being produced.
    Anyways enough babble... oh yeah Kwun if that is you on my msn... umm.. for some odd reason you're writing to me in Korean?!?!?!?!?????
    I dont know... about your end.... but anyways... if it's not you, just disregard this comment.
    -Kelvin

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the racket i saw did not have a serial number. the only thing that was inscribed on the the handle-cone was "CN", these are the earlier Chinese team rackets. recent CN rackets have both the serial number and the CN inscription.