User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 49

Thread: Howdy all

  1. #18
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,737
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Satay @Restoran Rose, Buki Baru

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post

    Eaglehelang, you will find a place called Langkawi north of Penang to have some resonance to your love for eagles. Pulau Langkawi means Eagle Island. In the town by the sea you can see a giant Eagle monument in Eagle Square, which commemorates the origin of Langkawi. Lang was derived from the Malay word Helang (eagle) and Kawi (marble) was derived from Sanskrit. It was known originally as Helangkawi, now known as Langkawi.

    BTW, Langkawi (under Kedah) and Kedah were under the rule of Thailand as late as during WWII. After the war both reverted back to Malaysia. That explains why the Thai influence in Langkawi is very extensive. Here is the best place in Malaysia for Thai food.

    .
    I think perhaps eaglehelang would prefer to have satay at Bukit Baru, Restoran Rose instead.
    .

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    .
    I think perhaps eaglehelang would prefer to have satay at Bukit Baru, Restoran Rose instead.
    .
    I thought you and ctjcad were given the task to find her name, not about satay at Bukit Baru, Restoran Rose. Did you find out if the reward comes with a breeze or a punch

  3. #20
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,737
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up I hope the reward would be a treat to a satay dinner

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post

    I thought you and ctjcad were given the task to find her name, not about satay at Bukit Baru, Restoran Rose. Did you find out if the reward comes with a breeze or a punch

    .
    The name would be hard to guess. I have only found out what she likes to eat, @which restaurant and @where.

    I hope the reward would be a treat to a satay dinner.
    .

  4. #21
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Welcome to BCBF! ehheh.. i think i need to update mine.. outdated already.

  5. #22
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,737
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Photos of MAS players from ants ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post

    Welcome to BCBF! ehheh.. i think i need to update mine.. outdated already.

    .
    When you update yours, ants... don't forget to post heaps of photos of you with MAS players.
    .

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,014
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    I thought you and ctjcad were given the task to find her name, not about satay at Bukit Baru, Restoran Rose. Did you find out if the reward comes with a breeze or a punch
    No, no, the task is to find :
    1) Race (easy only)
    2) Marital Status (also easy)
    3) State, this is easiest, since chris already found district, rest should be easy.

    The above got give clue already. Name, difficult, since my nick not follow name.


    Chris want satay? cannnn, come to Msia. Prize can give, anything that can transfer online? Other than hard cold cash. No pic sorry - eagle must fly here & there. serious, I will give prize - eagle dont fool around wan.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-10-2008 at 06:15 AM.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,014
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Eaglehelang, you will find a place called Langkawi north of Penang to have some resonance to your love for eagles. Pulau Langkawi means Eagle Island. In the town by the sea you can see a giant Eagle monument in Eagle Square, which commemorates the origin of Langkawi. Lang was derived from the Malay word Helang (eagle) and Kawi (marble) was derived from Sanskrit. It was known originally as Helangkawi, now known as Langkawi.
    BTW, Langkawi (under Kedah) and Kedah were under the rule of Thailand as late as during WWII. After the war both reverted back to Malaysia. That explains why the Thai influence in Langkawi is very extensive. Here is the best place in Malaysia for Thai food.
    Thanks taneepak, been to Langkawi before, years ago. And yes, saw that eagle monument. Errrr as Msians it's compulsory for us to learn Msian history, so yup, I know that part, just dont remember which year was Thai, British, etc.

    Best for Thai food? Maybe you went to better restaurant, I prefer Thai food in Penang, cheaper too, since Langkawi is tourist destination, more expensive.

    It's an ok place for holiday, not great - it's usual response, own country, see also jelak (bored), other people's country more interesting cos it's different from what we see every day.

    After the 'quiz' is over in this thread, I'll tell you what interesting things my state has.
    If I'm not mistaken, you're coming to Msia for MO, right?

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    No, no, the task is to find :
    1) Race (easy only)
    2) Marital Status (also easy)
    3) State, this is easiest, since chris already found district, rest should be easy.

    The above got give clue already. Name, difficult, since my nick not follow name.
    Thanks for the correction. Sorry I misread the quest at hand, but I trust chris@ccc is a very determined and capable man for any jobs at BC with or w/o prizes

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Tq, tq, me take that as compliment,he he. Boy like eagle more? Dunno-lah, also forgot why kiddy time like eagle the most.

    Good, you still play & promote the sport over there, whether big or small way.

    Btw, you been watching the Veoh.com badminton videos kah? Quality ok?
    I tested the ones I uploaded, seems blurry(you call it fussy) due to lagging in connection. Original very clear - from mikemike, asiatrader. Just wondering if Veoh becoming like Youtube, pic quality drop.
    Got ppl seems really interested in KBH vs Wacha, 44 views. Taufik vs Kenderick Lee also not so popular

    I haven’t watch Veoh.com lately. If I remember it correctly, last time I got annoyed because ad popped up every minute or so. Looked at yesterday, I didn’t see any more problems. As for the quality, the full screen is unwatchable, but the small screen is not bad. The trouble for me usually is the search, don’t know how and what to search for. I’d just click around to see what thumbnails came up on the right side, so not very intelligent way to find interesting things to watch. Saw the uploader’s profile as male, any reason or clues for us

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Planet of Lords
    Posts
    7,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Thanks taneepak, been to Langkawi before, years ago. And yes, saw that eagle monument. Errrr as Msians it's compulsory for us to learn Msian history, so yup, I know that part, just dont remember which year was Thai, British, etc.

    Best for Thai food? Maybe you went to better restaurant, I prefer Thai food in Penang, cheaper too, since Langkawi is tourist destination, more expensive.

    It's an ok place for holiday, not great - it's usual response, own country, see also jelak (bored), other people's country more interesting cos it's different from what we see every day.

    After the 'quiz' is over in this thread, I'll tell you what interesting things my state has.
    If I'm not mistaken, you're coming to Msia for MO, right?
    After over thousands of post, finally read ur intro.
    Keep having fun in BCBF
    And you are absolutely right on Thai food in Penang

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,014
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post

    I havenít watch Veoh.com lately. If I remember it correctly, last time I got annoyed because ad popped up every minute or so. Looked at yesterday, I didnít see any more problems. As for the quality, the full screen is unwatchable, but the small screen is not bad. The trouble for me usually is the search, donít know how and what to search for. Iíd just click around to see what thumbnails came up on the right side, so not very intelligent way to find interesting things to watch. Saw the uploaderís profile as male, any reason or clues for us
    oh cannot find kah? easy only, just type "badminton", all the uploaders put the tag as badminton, or name of player. Thanks for testing it.
    But you no need do search for baddy, you have original, that's for future newbies, by the time they join, the upload links here are dead.

    If you want latest ones, click on 'closest match' then 'this month'

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,014
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chrisccc has correctly guessed 2 answers, he posted them in Birdwood's intro :
    1) State : Melaka
    2) Marital Status : single
    3) Race : ????

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Chrisccc has correctly guessed 2 answers, he posted them in Birdwood's intro :
    1) State : Melaka
    2) Marital Status : single
    3) Race : ????
    I know the answer to the 3rd one, but I'll leave it for Chris@ccc to solve since I admire his drive to tackle the hardest one first, which I could not find the answer myself

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,014
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    I know the answer to the 3rd one, but I'll leave it for Chris@ccc to solve since I admire his drive to tackle the hardest one first, which I could not find the answer myself
    State wasnt hard actually, I already said ask Player from Malaya, he's from same state, you all just need to PM him, then know the answer.

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    State wasnt hard actually, I already said ask Player from Malaya, he's from same state, you all just need to PM him, then know the answer.
    I did not try the state since Chris@ccc resolved it quickly and I don't know much about Masia geography. Also I did not know what Player from Malaya meant and did not make the connection with PM. The second one was the one failed me

    Since Chris@ccc knows so much about Masia, I want to find out about his background whether he had come from Masia, but could not find his Intro. Maybe the 2 Chris are in the same boat

    As for the prize for Chris@ccc, what are the choices? Should he need us to make any recommendations Did you say online items only? Including audio recording from you

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,014
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    I did not try the state since Chris@ccc resolved it quickly and I don't know much about Masia geography. Also I did not know what Player from Malaya meant and did not make the connection with PM. The second one was the one failed me

    Since Chris@ccc knows so much about Masia, I want to find out about his background whether he had come from Masia, but could not find his Intro. Maybe the 2 Chris are in the same boat

    As for the prize for Chris@ccc, what are the choices? Should he need us to make any recommendations Did you say online items only? Including audio recording from you
    Player from Malaya is the nick of a BCer lah.
    Yes, things that can travel online since chris is in Australia. he he he. No cash, no personal pic of eaglehelang. exple : Pic of Melaka,satay, etc, that one can.

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Player from Malaya is the nick of a BCer lah.
    Yes, things that can travel online since chris is in Australia. he he he. No cash, no personal pic of eaglehelang. exple : Pic of Melaka,satay, etc, that one can.
    How about singing a song and send to him on internet since Chris@ccc love songs, especially sad ones

  17. #34
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The revelation & answer can be found..

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    Since Chris@ccc knows so much about Masia, I want to find out about his background whether he had come from Masia, but could not find his Intro. Maybe the 2 Chris are in the same boat
    ..if you dare to venture reading this thread:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=46666
    *I don't think chris@ccc has an Intro. thread..:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Howdy, folks!
    By utahraptor in forum Introduction
    Replies: 2
    : 04-08-2008, 11:21 PM
  2. Howdy!
    By Dave_Bax in forum Introduction
    Replies: 4
    : 12-17-2007, 03:27 PM
  3. Howdy Y'all!!
    By FatCat in forum Introduction
    Replies: 3
    : 09-16-2005, 06:42 PM
  4. Hello, hi, howdy
    By KCFPCB in forum Introduction
    Replies: 1
    : 02-20-2004, 12:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •