Howdy all

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by eaglehelang, Jan 8, 2008.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Finally I start an Intro. Just recently found out there's such a thread.

As you know by now, I'm from Msia & female, as per my profile.
    The rest, let you guess, he he he.

My nick, some have asked : Eagle helang. Helang is malay word for eagle.
    I added helang for practical reasons. There're lots of ppl using eagle as nick, so is eagle 1, eagle2, eagle3....
    So, after some time, I got tired of "this nick is not available" thing, so decided to add a malay word behind eagle.
    Since then, no prob registering online, over the years, stuck with me.

As for badminton, me very, very lousy. Badaddict Jr can beat me 21-0, 21-0 anytime :D:D. I dont play anymore, just spectator, so the technical stuff leave it for you all. My 'passion' now is more the internet.

The other info, it's in the threads, here & there. I havent been here that long, shouldnt be too hard to find. Have fun!

2. eaglehelang

Info I already posted :
    1) Race
    2) Marital Status
    3) State which I come from

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Introduction: eaglehelang

Hello eaglehelang,

Welcome to Badminton Central !!! :):):)

I have yet to search for your info that you've already posted:
    1) Race
    2) Marital Status
    3) State which I come from

But you have more than 1,000 posts to search. :D:D:D

BTW, how come you love eagles?

Cheers... chris@ccc

4. eaglehelang

Cannot meh? Eagles soar on high, majestic bird. Just like there's a robin, mouse,a few animals nick here.

1,000 posts not that hard to search, do word search.
    OK, give hint :
    For race, I mentioned it in HK Open 2007 thread, reply to Badmania on Kido/Setiawan's, it was either in Semis or Finals.

For marital status, I think it was in General forum, reply to koo-fan.

For state, make it easy for you, just ask Player from Malaya, same state.
    ;);)

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Searching for the eagle

It's late in Australia...... Need to sleep now, will search for you tomorrow. :D:D:D

6. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

ummmm, welcome to the forum?
    but then you've been here a while, haha, so not much point of that!

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well, howdy to you..

..too, eaglehelang!!..Yes, your "passion for baddy" is shown quite well in this forum, too!:)..Anyway, appreciate for your intro. & look fw to more of your "passionate for baddy" contribution in this BC!;):cool:
    ..hmm....hmm...hmm...Hi, my name is Chris. And you are??..:confused::)

8. eaglehelang

Msian sure have some passion for baddy, supposed to be our hope for OG gold - but not surprised if some lesser known sport win medal (any colour).

I was refering to the name guessing for Abazar_ipoh, you gave a weird malay name.
    Name, he ,he, if I give, then you'll know the race. Have some fun seaching, I gave hint already.

9. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I can't help to ask you a couple of questions: (1) Does Msia have eagles? If so, what kind you are being referred to? (2) Why gave up playing since it can be done as exercise? (If you do exercise regularly). Last time I saw your posts sparring with bananaKid about OG08. I thought about a joke: Eagle became vegetarian, picking on banana, but didn't have the chance to say it. Now it’s my welcoming remark and hope you keep picking at BC :)

10. eaglehelang

He, he, he, tq Birdwood. Now, me is sparring with Pemuda in another thread, tsk, tsk, bad of me, never learn.

1) Dont think Msia have eagles. What kinds I like- the one's that's on USA symbol, dont know what it's called. Supposed to be powerful birdy. Favourite animal as a kid, so just stick with the nick.

2) why no play baddy - a) I dont particularly like playing badminton, and
    b) I dont socalize much. Outside of work, I prefer to face my PC -> human interaction can be very exhausting.

c) Excercise - sure, I have to do a lot of going here & there when I work(literally) , so after that I'm too tired for more physical exertion. And no, I'm not a PE teacher or aerobics or dance.

d) The people I know who do play badminton, play on Sunday, I work most Sundays - except if got baddy tourney, he he. My off day, they work, so....

I ask you back, do you play? Cos I know western countries badminton not so popular.

11. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The US national bird and symbol is the Bald Eagle (or, haliaeetus leucocephalus, if you prefer to be difficult) :)

I'm sure you didn't choose the name because of some physical likeness :p
    And, um, it's not an animal :D

12. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i've seen eagles in malaysia, and why isn't it an animal?
    i would have classified all birds as animals.

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

howdy to u too, eaglehelang :p:D;)

14. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

It’s interesting a child wanting an eagle as a pet symbol, which is usually a more boy’s liking. I can see the character of being strong minded and competitiveness, even to this day :)

I do play a couple times a week and bring the family along. My skill is on the poor side, but competition is not what on my mind. Badminton players tend to be minorities in this country from other parts of the World. We sometimes don’t get to see each other and spread out far and between. Badminton time really is for us to keep in touch and can unite people under a good cause. I help out with local play, and make sure the time and places.

Another important objective for some of us is to promote badminton locally. Getting more people to play and children to learn how to play. I’m hoping to get a student team going soon at my kids’ school. So when they go to university one day, they can have at least one sports they can be good at and enjoy to do. In university, students who play badminton are few, but again they can be a very close and supportive group, which one may need or depend on while away from home, just like us away from our original places :rolleyes:

Btw, facing PC and participating in the forum is more exhausting to me than playing badminton :D

15. eaglehelang

Tq, tq, me take that as compliment,he he. Boy like eagle more? Dunno-lah, also forgot why kiddy time like eagle the most.

Good, you still play & promote the sport over there, whether big or small way.

Btw, you been watching the Veoh.com badminton videos kah? Quality ok?
    I tested the ones I uploaded, seems blurry(you call it fussy) due to lagging in connection. Original very clear - from mikemike, asiatrader. Just wondering if Veoh becoming like Youtube, pic quality drop.
    Got ppl seems really interested in KBH vs Wacha, 44 views. Taufik vs Kenderick Lee also not so popular

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Eaglehelang, you will find a place called Langkawi north of Penang to have some resonance to your love for eagles. Pulau Langkawi means Eagle Island. In the town by the sea you can see a giant Eagle monument in Eagle Square, which commemorates the origin of Langkawi. Lang was derived from the Malay word Helang (eagle) and Kawi (marble) was derived from Sanskrit. It was known originally as Helangkawi, now known as Langkawi.
    BTW, Langkawi (under Kedah) and Kedah were under the rule of Thailand as late as during WWII. After the war both reverted back to Malaysia. That explains why the Thai influence in Langkawi is very extensive. Here is the best place in Malaysia for Thai food.

17. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    I see eagles in my area almost everyday on the road more than 30 minutes. sort of. Common enough in Sabah. Love them.

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Satay @Restoran Rose, Buki Baru

I think perhaps eaglehelang would prefer to have satay at Bukit Baru, Restoran Rose instead. :D

19. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I thought you and ctjcad were given the task to find her name, not about satay at Bukit Baru, Restoran Rose. Did you find out if the reward comes with a breeze or a punch :confused::D

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I hope the reward would be a treat to a satay dinner

The name would be hard to guess. I have only found out what she likes to eat, @which restaurant and @where.

I hope the reward would be a treat to a satay dinner. :D:D:D