NS8000 broke near the handle..

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by frankcent, Jan 8, 2008.

1. frankcent

frankcent Regular Member

I had this racquet for more than 2 and half years now and when I acquired it, it wasnt long after it came out and I traded an At800de for it with someone on the forum. The initial conditions were pretty good and it has always been my favorite and most used racquet. I am not even sure if it hit the bird or not. After I execute a smash, the racquet felt lighter and everyone was stunned. The top piece flew over 20 meters onto an empty court and luckily nobody was hurt.

On the way home, I thought it might be caused by the poor quality of CH coded racquets but when I unwrapped the grip to check the country code, it turned out to be CD coded. I guess I just always thought it was CH and never really checked.

Attached Files:

2. MING PARIS

MING PARIS Regular Member

restaurant owner
    is it a real one because some fake nano 9000 were sold at 40 euros in france
    and some of them are brokend at the shaft ,like you!!!MING

3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

was the cone loose when the racquet broke like that?

4. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    well if u check the code on the serial checker here on the forums....if it checks out is likely to be genuine....in the meantime have you contactd yonex?they may be willing to give u a new one?:)

5. MING PARIS

MING PARIS Regular Member

restaurant owner
    even this is a real one the racket was bought 3 years ago ,don't think it works!

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The racket is 2.5 yrs old and was used (traded with others) to begin with. Also, racket is not made to be bullet proof, therefore, years of usage or storage condition and mis-usage (i.e. clash, hitting the floor, etc) can all contribute to the damage. :rolleyes:

7. cryptail

cryptail Regular Member

student
    I guess lazybuddy is right... A racket thats 2 and a half years old could already have been broken at 6 places when you give it to the wrong person... It's always possible to break one, specially when you have traded it.

And even if it is a fake one, what would it care now? It's broken so you need to buy a new one, so check if it was a real one wouldn't make a difference to me

Cryptail

8. frankcent

frankcent Regular Member

yea. It is an authentic ns8000. I was just really surprised by the location it broke off at. Despite of a lot of paint chips on the frame, it survived.

Things like this just make me appreciate having an identical backup racquet. 1 minute later, the game resumed.:)

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Hmmm...was that caused by mistreatments?Besides,that racket is quite old already..2 1/2 years old.Time to buy another racket!..=P

10. Bugbait

Bugbait Regular Member

Hmm, my NS900X is just over a year old and a "cracking" sound can be heard at the base of the shaft where it meets the handle. It has been steadily getting worse. I did hit the ground quite hard a few months ago so difficult to blame the racket :). Does seem a bit fragile but I love the feel of it so will probably buy another.