New Racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by juunbug25, Jan 9, 2008.

1. juunbug25

juunbug25 New Member

Finance
    My Aerotus died yesterday. The frame cracked. So in the meantime, I am using a 20 year old racquet. I smash a lot, but I also like to drop a lot as well. Can anyone here recommend any racquets? I prefer lighter ones. Much appreciated. I'm quite advanced in the game - just dont know much about new racquets.

2. cryptail

cryptail Regular Member

student
    You should also tell us what's your budget...
    And to give you an advise, try out some rackets if possible.
    If you aren't able to try rackets out, I would recommend AT900P or AT700 because they are both offensive rackets. The difference is that AT900P has some new technology's, and many people say that AT700 is more a single racket and AT900P is more of a doubles racket...

Cryptail

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Consider Aerotus is oval shape, I think start with Yonex (if you do go with Yonex) Cab series might be easier. Things come into my mind is cab20 (mostly, the new design), cab21, and my favorite cab30ms :D

4. teve62

teve62 Regular Member

pilot
    though not advanced, maybe in age (!!!), I'm in the same club as Juunbug25 and would also consider SOTX or RLS brands as well. Think Yonex, though obviously excellent rackets, are one of to consider. In this forum, read good reviews of SOTX Woven 8 as well and pricewise for the bang, around 50% cheaper than say MP99 (about similar in specs though i stretch my neck).
    IMHO....

5. teve62

teve62 Regular Member

pilot
    By club i mean same stage, looking for a new racket after playing for over 25 yrs with an ol tin Carlton 3.7X .....

6. Discusman

Discusman Regular Member

You had been used the same racquet for 25 yrs? Did you ever break the string? If not, I would like to get one too. :eek:

7. teve62

teve62 Regular Member

pilot
    yessir, a few times indeed and a few gommets as well. Kept the tension at 20 lbs as those frames would hold not more (18 was the average)...