User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Yap Kim Hock or Datuk Nazmi cant kick Hafiz out, that's for sure.............since he's not with BAM in the 1st place. Dunno what's his contract with NSC entails but he's answerable to Nusa Mahsuri 1st. They can only pressure Nusa M. to do something.

Misbun seems to have given up, to Jailani Sidek & gang to do sthing then.
    If not, then, Hafiz should retire while he's still young enuf to continue his alternate employment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Well, Yap Kim Hock or Datuk Nazmi cant kick Hafiz out, that's for sure.............since he's not with BAM in the 1st place. Dunno what's his contract with NSC entails but he's answerable to Nusa Mahsuri 1st. They can only pressure Nusa M. to do something.

Misbun seems to have given up, to Jailani Sidek & gang to do sthing then.
    If not, then, Hafiz should retire while he's still young enuf to continue his alternate employment.
    Then Nusa Mahsuri should send him for those competitions on their own expense. This way, Hafiz represent his club, and not MALAYSIA. And since Hafiz is a professional with Nusa Mahsuri, he should not be entitled for those rewards under NSC etc.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Then Nusa Mahsuri should send him for those competitions on their own expense. This way, Hafiz represent his club, and not MALAYSIA. And since Hafiz is a professional with Nusa Mahsuri, he should not be entitled for those rewards under NSC etc.
    As far as I know all the while Nusa M are paying- like KLRC players. Roslin also Nusa M send, on the shirt, I think the rules say must put country name.
    But Hafiz's arrangement seems more complicated than other players.

Rewards - not sure which one you refer to. Club players not supposed to get the monthly allowance, only players under BAM payroll.

Cash incentive for winning medals/major titles is for all - I dont recall any non-BAM players winning (cos badminton has prize money already except WC, Asia Games, Commonwealth, SEA, OG, Sudirman Cup, Thomas Cup) but for other sports, yes.

Category B sports, they/their association pay their own way, when they win medal, they get incentive & reimbursement of expenses, only fair. I dont know about whether gold, silver, bronze, winner, runner-up have different reimbursement %, was not announced in local press. If they dont win medal, no reimbursement, they bear it themselves.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-12-2008 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know all the while Nusa M are paying- like KLRC players. Roslin also Nusa M send, on the shirt, I think the rules say must put country name.

Rewards - not sure which one you refer to. Club players not supposed to get the monthly allowance, only players under BAM payroll.

Cash incentive for winning medals/major titles is for all - I dont recall any non-BAM players winning (cos badminton has prize money already except WC, Asia Games, Commonwealth, SEA, OG, Sudirman Cup, Thomas Cup) but for other sports, yes.

Category B sports, they/their association pay their own way, when they win medal, they get incentive & reimbursement of expenses, only fair. I dont know about whether gold, silver, bronze, winner, runner-up have different reimbursement %, was not announced in local press. If they dont win medal, no reimbursement, they bear it themselves.
    Maybe because of Hafiz's complicated arrangement caused the problem. This is what you get when you dish out special treatment for some.

Very simple actually, Nusa Mahsuri & KLRC players should not be entitled to any bonus incentives by the government because they are professionals.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    .....Very simple actually, Nusa Mahsuri & KLRC players should not be entitled to any bonus incentives by the government because they are professionals.
    Yup, complicated's the word. KLRC better, very clear cut - if their players get chosen (WC, Thomas Cup, Asia Games, OG), KLRC pay all expenses.

The principal with cash incentive is a Msian citizen won a medal for Msia, iregardless of who they're attached with or where they train(some are based overseas, pay for tourneys themselves). So it's given to all across the board, they dont want to discriminate.

For badminton, it has been given for Asia Games, World Junior Champs, Asia Junior champs, SEA Games, World Champs,Olympics. You'll see it's 'medal' tournaments, but as far as I can remember no club players won those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, complicated's the word. KLRC better, very clear cut - if their players get chosen (WC, Thomas Cup, Asia Games, OG), KLRC pay all expenses.
    As long as we have such discrepancies or inconsistencies, our badminton is going nowhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sis,can u let me the chronology of hafiz's transference from BAM to nusa Mahsuri?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he's a millionaire ....

FROM NST

HAFIZ Hashim is not offering excuses for his recent failures but has no qualms about blaming preferential treatment of others in terms of allowances and incentives for his dip in form.
    But Hafiz wishes to set the record straight that he is not motivated by money alone but at the same time financial instability has made it difficult for him to focus on his playing career.

Hafiz receives a monthly allowance of RM2,000 and gets nothing from the quarterly world ranking bonus received by the BA of Malaysia (BAM) players.

His financial burden has also increased after his recent marriage but sadly, his bonus, which used to be RM2,500, was recently slashed.

"I am also playing for the country and train full time just like the other national players. So it's not fair when it comes to allowances and incentives," said a frustrated Hafiz at Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil yesterday.
    "I am not offering excuses for my failures. However, financial stability plays a vital part in keeping a player focused and I don't really have that at the moment."

Lee Chong Wei, the nation's top player, receives RM3,000 monthly apart from a quarterly bonus of RM45,000 for being ranked World No 2.

Under the world ranking bonus, the top two ranked players receive a quarterly bonus of RM45,000 each, third and fourth receive RM36,000, fifth to eighth get RM24,000, ninth to 16th receive RM18,000, 17th-24th get RM9,000 while 25th-32nd earn RM4,500.

And finance was one of the prime reasons why Hafiz was linked with a move to KLRC Bhd but the player intends to remain faithful to Nusa and coach Misbun Sidek for the moment.

"My claims are reasonable. All I want is to get what the others are getting. If the others are paid RM1,000 then I should receive the same. I have no problem with that.

"I have been ranked in the top eight for more than a year but I was never considered for the ranking bonus because I'm not a BAM player," a disappointed Hafiz added.

"I believe if I am financially stable, I will have a clear mind and can confidently focus on winning a place in the Olympics.

"KLRC Bhd had made me a verbal offer to join them but no decisions have been made. If the current situation improves, I don't have to think about a move at all."

Hafiz could have earned a quarterly bonus of RM18,000 for the best part of last year as he was ranked in the top 16 and at the moment, he should still receive RM9,000 as he is currently ranked World No 17.

It's even more disturbing for him knowing that sparring partners employed by BAM, who work on a part-time basis, receive RM1,800 a month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aiya, so it is about money. hafiz is making excuses. he should think of it the other way around. win stuff and people will want to give you money. not expect people to give you money first and maybe win some stuff. aiya hafiz.....maybe he should move to KLRC. so that he could see whether it is really the financial instability that is making him lose all the time. if he improved under KLRC, all the best to him because he will still represent Malaysia. if even under KLRC he still play badly, then maybe it is time he thinks of another profession.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If BAM is to reward bonus $$$ to players based on world ranking placement, then HH has a point that he should be paid as well because there should not be differential treatment or for BAM to pick and choose which players are entitled to $$$. The system should be fair and transparent. Sure HH under-achieve in tournaments but that should not exclude him from bonus $$$.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to our "Brilliant" Sports Minister : any player who quit National team, will need to compensate the BAM (The player him/herself and the Clubs he represent too !) ~~ doesnt make sense!
    Maybe this is one of the reason why Mr YOYO still don't quit

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    According to our "Brilliant" Sports Minister : any player who quit National team, will need to compensate the BAM (The player him/herself and the Clubs he represent too !) ~~ doesnt make sense!
    hehe, me fly here, you is here too. Hafiz is with Nusa M. Nusa is angry, wants compensation too if Hafiz run off to KLRC. That's what Jailani said to 1 malay press, too tedious to translate.

You'll be even more surprised with BAM statements abt Mr Yoyo. I was hesitant to post the news piece, knowing it'll start another round of heated discussions, but here goes :

Either NST or The Star, not sure

Badminton / Malaysia open 2008: BAM: It's up to Nusa Mahsuri

17 January, 2008
    HAFIZ Hashim's (pic) complaint of unfair treatment has received encouraging responses from the BA of Malaysia (BAM) and his club Nusa Mahsuri which has been working hard to provide the player financial stability. Hafiz made a candid revelation that his financial struggle has been bothering him for almost a year and, subsequently, has been affecting his performance.

The player felt that the allowance of RM2,000 he receives for being in the Beijing Olympics programme hardly compensates his sacrifices as a full-time national shuttler. His compatriots receive much better deals.

Hafiz said it would make a big difference if he was eligible for the world ranking bonus offered by BAM whose players receive between RM4,500 to RM45,000 quarterly based on their world ranking.

BAM secretary P. Ganga Rao said BAM is very concerned about Hafiz's plight but it is unable to include him in the ranking bonus scheme as it will affect his contractual obligations with Nusa Mahsuri.

"Nusa Mahsuri has been working with the sponsors and is confident of sorting out Hafiz's financial diffculties," said Ganga yesterday.

"BAM will offer its help but only if Nusa's efforts fall through. This is simply because we don't want to disrupt the club's sponsorship obligations and also the player's responsibilities.

"We offer the world ranking bonus from funds coming from our sponsors, and Hafiz needs to come under our contract. However, this will disrupt his obligations with Nusa's sponsors and we don't want that to happen.

"If every effort proves futile then BAM will spring into action and will provide Hafiz with the needed financial backing."

It is understood that BAM spend close to RM2.5 million annually on the national players so it should not be a problem to provide Hafiz with the extra perks.

However, Ganga said it can be done only with the consent of Nusa and its sponsors.

Nusa is expected to make an announcement on a new financial package for Hafiz next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    All you need is an IQ of 3.5 to be a Malaysian Minister.

However in Hafiz's case, I think a transfer fee of 0.30sen is fair market price.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still couldn't believe that Mohd Hafiz Hashim is not under BAM

This arrangement between Nusa Mansuri (are they a special club or what) and BAM is mind-boggling KLRC is much clear-cut...once u are out of BAM (like Lee Tsuen Tseng), then, KLRC will foot all his expenses. Look at his record...he's at least performing last year with a string of small titles which help to build his confidence, unlike Hafiz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hafiz can play for how long? just look at the current men's single player in malaysia, we're only know LCW or WCH, except these two,who? hafiz and roslin,that's all.

Where's the youngster? where's the backup player for these seniors?

I am so pity to see Wong Choon Han still playing at his age now. IF the backup players is strong enuff, WCH might be retired and become coach. This benefited the younger player since WCH is a quality player.

For Hafiz, i am sorry to say that, please go retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no different where hafiz stay. U put him under Li Yong Bo also he cant perform like LD or BCL. It's the attitude of the player.

Questioned abt the allowances?no allowances no play or cant play?

i wonder how much is the gift or allowance Hafiz received when he became the ALL ENGLAND CHAMPION once upon a time? Anybody can telll mee?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Hafiz can play for how long? just look at the current men's single player in malaysia, we're only know LCW or WCH, except these two,who? hafiz and roslin,that's all.

Where's the youngster? where's the backup player for these seniors?

I am so pity to see Wong Choon Han still playing at his age now. IF the backup players is strong enuff, WCH might be retired and become coach. This benefited the younger player since WCH is a quality player.

For Hafiz, i am sorry to say that, please go retire.
    Finally!!!! We have a Malaysian here who is able to see reality!!!

I have been saying many times BAM and other sports associations in Msia are run by dimwits and you get peanuts when you put a bunch of monkeys in charge. We can have the best coach in the world, the best facilities and the government can pay the best financial rewards BUT if you dont have the basics right, you will end up with nothing in the end.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast