Need Assistance In Singapore

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by PenangBoy, Jan 10, 2008.

1. PenangBoy

PenangBoy Regular Member

Manager
    I am a Malaysian and need assistance from Spore BC members. I am looking into sending my child to Montfort Sec Sch in Hougang Avenue 8. My child is a badminton player and intends to play for the school and at the same time further his study his in Spore.

If you BC members can help me as follows:-

1. How is the Hougang area like, for a young kid being sent to a foreign land to be independent for the first time? As a parent I am worried and scared.

2. Are there hostels nearby the school which take in foreign students?

3. Should there be no hostels, is there anyway I can find suitable and reasonable accommodation for my young kid?

4. Any comments on the school on its acedemic standard? As for badminton, I am very confident that the school houses one of the best telants.

5. Any other comments and recommendations which I need to know.

I know my post is not relevant to the topic. My sincere apologies. I am confident that you BC members can give me some advice or point to me other threads or website which I can find some solutions.

Many thanks.

2. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    Hope my reply helps

3. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Why don't you consider about getting him into Anglo Chinese School (Independent) or Raffles Institution? Both of them have very good badminton team too and actually have their own private boarding house for foreigners to stay in.

With regards to Monfort, you can speak to one of the coaches there named Paulus regarding whether or not he can provide accomodation for your son. From what I heard, there are a few Indonesian boys studying in Monfort who is staying in his place.

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    www.moe.gov.sg is a good reference site for school contacts. They should be able to give you good info. Can send your kid to yishun nee soon east to stay? We need good kakis. Pls tapau rojak hor...