User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 52 to 62 of 62
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    My badminton life is none compared to yours, at a recreational level only for doubles. The boring answers have been posted some other places. Are you going to OG 08? I'm not sure I'll make it to Beijing this August with a lot ppl heading that way. It should be easier for you though.
    Well..i guess that depends on how far u're taking this sport as.I bet badminton in US is getting more popular n finding mates for u to play with isn't as hard as before.U can simply contact ppl in this forum that lives near ur place to play together with.But me,no one here lives in guilin.

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    Then i can sleep tightly,with a badminton racket beside me.
    Then your shuttlecock so lonely.

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Temasek Green View Post
    Then your shuttlecock so lonely.
    Hehe..not really.I got one own-modified mini shuttlecock hanged on my bedroom door.

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    I don't know yet.First,i was thinking that things r getting way more expensive by then for sure.Accomodation,plane ticket,etc.The ticket?How much is it anyway?Well,i still have some friends in beijing.Prob i can stay at their place if i go.Watching from TV,from different angles r not that bad as well though..with the zoom,n replays.
    You'r right, maybe it's better watching TV instead. But they may not show a lot of baddy on TV. Tickets would be another problem. When I was in Beijing, ppl had to have money in their bank accounts in order to participate for the lottery to buy tickets.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    Well..i guess that depends on how far u're taking this sport as.I bet badminton in US is getting more popular n finding mates for u to play with isn't as hard as before.U can simply contact ppl in this forum that lives near ur place to play together with.But me,no one here lives in guilin.
    I have a lot ppl to play with, just not always the same ones. Getting more ppl to play and helping to organize is more of importance to me than the games.

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    Then i can sleep tightly,with a badminton racket beside me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Temasek Green View Post
    Then your shuttlecock so lonely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    Hehe..not really.I got one own-modified mini shuttlecock hanged on my bedroom door.
    He sleeps with the racket, while shuttlecock sleeps with his girlfriend

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    I have a lot ppl to play with, just not always the same ones. Getting more ppl to play and helping to organize is more of importance to me than the games.
    Hehe..this is the first time i heard that organizing more ppl to play is more important than the game?R u a club manager or something?

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    He sleeps with the racket, while shuttlecock sleeps with his girlfriend
    Hehe..shuttlecocks sleep in my bag,with my other rackets..

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    Hehe..this is the first time i heard that organizing more ppl to play is more important than the game?R u a club manager or something?
    No, we are all volunteering our time for the sports we love. Think if no one is interested to play, where would we be then? Besides, I bring whole family to play and want my kids to be good at baddy

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's nice to have ur whole family to play with u.In my family,only the boys love to play.The rest..not really.Hehehe..u wanna make ur kids to become the next LD then.Well,i'll wait for ur kids news then!=)

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    It's nice to have ur whole family to play with u.In my family,only the boys love to play.The rest..not really.Hehehe..u wanna make ur kids to become the next LD then.Well,i'll wait for ur kids news then!=)
    The irony is that your father never taught you baddy, but you want to beat him, while I have to teach and push my kids so they can beat me one day. If anyone would be the next LD, would it be you or my kids

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    The irony is that your father never taught you baddy, but you want to beat him, while I have to teach and push my kids so they can beat me one day. If anyone would be the next LD, would it be you or my kids
    LD played badminton when he was small,n he learned badminton from coaches..unlike me.I started when i was small too,like most of indonesians,but never get really serious with it.Nobody really taught us.I started to get serious with badminton at the last 2 years. So..ur kids chance for being the next LD is much much much bigger than us,who just begun.Besides,they're so lucky to have a father that's willing to teach them how to play.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Similar Threads

  1. My Introduction
    By Racketmate1977 in forum Introduction
    Replies: 15
    : 11-19-2009, 09:45 AM
  2. Introduction
    By ng4026 in forum Introduction
    Replies: 34
    : 03-10-2009, 06:44 AM
  3. Introduction...
    By RichF in forum Introduction
    Replies: 4
    : 12-12-2007, 09:44 PM
  4. introduction
    By shonty in forum Introduction
    Replies: 3
    : 07-14-2007, 11:59 AM
  5. Introduction
    By Tabby in forum Introduction
    Replies: 2
    : 05-12-2004, 05:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •