My introduction..

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Smichz, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Hi guys..i know it's kinda too late for me to introduce myself.Since the thread said no matter u're a new or old member,so i decided to do it.My real name is Robin.I'm 24 this year.I came from indonesia,went to KL for my high school,n then Beijing n Guilin for my chinese studies.

I'm in love with sports.My first sport will be badminton..since my dad plays it in the family.Too bad i was just playing around,n my dad won't even seems to bother playing with me when i was small.So..it stops rite there.Just play around with my friends sometimes.Then,i'm into swimming,pingpong,basketball during junior high.Been in the school team for basketball when i was around 13 yrs old.Influenced some of my friends to get into the sport as well.I used to love Michael Jordan,Scottie Pippen,Anfernee Hardaway,n Kobe Bryant,Reggie Miller,Shaquille O'neal,etc.

Then comes the teen age,soccer!From my 15-18 years of age..i am deeply in love with soccer.I used to play it everyday when i was in KL,since my school got the soccer field n we can play it for free.I was playing for my school team,as the only foreigner that is playing for the team.Won the third place.Guess i've been chosen because everybody in the school know me,because i'm the only one who's playing soccer everyday..after school,afternoon,or at night..n i got a very hard kick,that everyone knows me for that.My idol was beckham,n roberto carlos.For team,i'm a diehard MU fans.Practiced everyday to kick like them.Haha..well,u know how it is when u're a teenager.

When i go to the university,everything changed.In indo,i can't really play soccer anymore.That's why i rarely played it.Then i changed my hobby to modifying cars n go for drag race illegally.Just like some teenagers in jakarta would do.N i was in love for pool.That was for my night life activity.SInce i don't drink n i don't like to go to clubs..all i do at night was pooling,or racing.Things changed after i had a crash during a race.My car was totalled,but luckily no problem with me.After that,i rarely race.Just to drive fast were already making me nervous.

Then,after i'm in china..i got back with my old hobby for a while,soccer..esp when i was still in beijing..n still pooling with my friends back then.And after i moved to guilin,can't play soccer since i don't have a team,n the field is crowded everyday.Neither pooling,since there's no one play with..so,i decide to do badminton as a sport.I just need to exercise.Besides..i've always wanted to play in my father's team,or someday..be able to beat my dad.So..badminton is the answer.I started to take some courses..for 2 months,then I deeply fell in love with badminton.Everyday that i'm awake..there'll always be badminton.EVery night after i got back from any badminton session,i'll tell my gf to "badminton time",which means to go n play outside.Not rarely that we got scolded by our neighbours .N after that,i'll sit in front of the computers to go "BC"ing..or search for some badminton videos n DL it.Sometimes before i sleep,i watch the Downloaded matches.Then i can sleep tightly,with a badminton racket beside me.Haha...so,that's how much i am in love with badminton.Just an info,my badminton age is approximately 2 years old,since i begun to play badminton seriously when i was first arrived in guilin.

Last time i went back to indo,i have managed to play in my dad's team.Not bad for a start.N last time when my dad visited me,i've beaten him 2-1.Haha..i'm happy for that.Maybe because my dad is getting older now..but anyway,i'm still glad.Because however,everyone said he was a very smart player,good defense,n got that great positioning for each drop.

I'm currently joining a team in guilin,play with them twice each week.They r good,and some of them were the provincial players.Hopefully i can get better n better,before i go back next time to indo.I wanna become a more n more challanging player in my dad's team,since they r younger than my dad..n got both experience,more knowledge,n power.I need to get better in order to do so.

So,wish me all the best..

#1 Smichz, Jan 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    wahahalolol, nice intro, glad that u have found your purpose in life, badminton, the pinnacle of sport:p:) Your past sports in basketball, soccer, pool and street racing would come handy to badminton because u r already up to speed in term of jumping, stamina, a nack for accurate shot making and a bit of craziness/risk taking :p
    Btw, what r u studying in guilin? Was Mandarian tough to learn without prior background in mandarian?

#2 cooler, Jan 11, 2008
  3. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    A great story! Thanks for sharing it. Glad to see the love of sport is intense and thriving.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Ah, you made one...Welcome again..

(rest of Smich'z wonderful sharing snipped for brevity)..:)
    ..to BCBF, Smichz!:)..Wow, your passion and love for badminton are indescribable..So intense that you continued to play outside (w/your sweetheart) even after your baddy session; and even to go as far as to "sleep" with your racket beside you, and not harm it or have it harm you back?!?!ck,ck,ck,ck..:eek::p..I can only dream of doing the latter, but i'm afraid i will either break the racket or most likely............injure myself..:crying::(
    Another eye opening info, you shared, is how you're now able to compete with, even beat, the "big boys", after only 2 yrs of picking up baddy?!:confused:..I can only assume you basically play/train everyday (well, dozing off with your racket, next to you, wouldn't hurt either)?!?!..;):cool:

Anyway, glad you're picking up baddy now as your sport of choice! And good to have you aboard BC, too!!;):cool:
    *Btw, i'm sure you've peeked in the "Football 2007/2008" thread, knowing you have the same passion as the other footie fanatics in that thread..;):cool:

#4 ctjcad, Jan 11, 2008
  5. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    hey hey there. nice intro. :D to welcome you would be funny since you have more postings than me. hahahah.

by the way, is your father a diplomat or something? you move a lot huh?

oh no, football enemy. i support arsenal. :)

last but not least, i wish all the best in your badminton. ;)

6. babystar

babystar Regular Member

Student
    wow, u got many hobbies...
    racing, soccer, pooling, basketball, n badminton...

im a Madridista...
    now, i like LA Galaxy too

7. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    so basically babystar, you are a beckhamia. :D

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

bend it like Beckham:D:p
    anyway, juz wanna say hello to smichz:)

9. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Nice to know your background. I was wondering why you hail from Chn since very few of them in this forum due to language barrier. I have seen your posts before, mistaken you for Chinese because your stand. Glad someone else share the same view. Wish you well and many achievements for long time to come.

10. babystar

babystar Regular Member

Student
    first of all, i would to say sorry to Smichz...
    i know this ur intro thread but i need to tell something...
    i am a big fan of RAUL GONZALEZ...
    but i like beckham too

love,
    babystar

11. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Haha...i put the racket above my pillow..so,there won't be any harm i guess.Beat "the big boys"?Not yet..haha.I am looking forward to be a player that is more competitive for them.At least..make them smash more,than just playing positioning.Yup,i play very often during these 2 years.Like 3 or 4 times a week avg.I would play it in any of my available time..n i play with various of ppl,..since none of my friends would want to play that often.

Thx for the info..but i prefer watching soccer matches between great teams.Haha..

12. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

First...i wanna thank u all for the support n comments.I was moved n really appreciate it!BC guys is the best!!

13. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Hehe..thx for ur comment,sir cooler.:cool:..I might be into some of the intense sports before..but i have to say..badminton isn't easier to play compared to them.:):)

Yup..i am learning mandarin here.N it is tough to learn at the first time.Luckily,i already got a lil bit of oral n listening skill before i came to china.But reading,writing..zero.Slowly but sure..my skills r improving,since my badminton friends were all chinese.:D

14. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

This the first I've seen in BC :D

15. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Thx for the comment,westwood.Thanks to my bro who have build the love for sports from the first place.My bro made me fell in love with basketball,n gained about 20 cm body height,just because my bro challanged me to be taller than him.That was during the junior high.N now,he's 172,and i'm 174 now.Haha..
    In return,i've made him fell in love with soccer.We often play together while he was still taking his degree in Inti KL.Then,he was also into pool..guess that was because of me.N now,we r both into badminton.I guess that was because of my dad.My dad is the badminton guy in our family.

The poor thing is that we can't play together..n we haven't met each other for 5 years already,cos he's in UK now,n he seldom go back to indonesia.

U know what..i'll ask him to join BC too later on!Haha..:D

16. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Hey,thx there azabaz ipoh!Yup..it feels kinda weird though at first..but then i've seen some ppl like me,who joined for a year or more already,n they just started.So,i decided to do the same.Haha..

No..my father is not a diplomat.I don't really move alot..just Malaysia n china for studies.Unlike some other ppl here.:eek:

Arsenal.Yeah..big enemies!Well..that's the past rite.I'm more into real madrid now,even though beckham has already moved to LA galaxy.
    Why arsenal?Thierry Henry?

Thx for ur wish there azabaz!Wish u all the best too..

17. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Hello to u too george@chongwei!
    Yeah..he really can bend.I used to train everyday but still couldn't produce that kind of bend!Haha..looking at beckham's bendy freekick just like seeing TH's backhand smash.Not anyone can do it,n Couldn't resist it n will ask for more n more!..:D:D

18. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Thx there birdwood!Yup..lots of ppl mistaken me before.Haha..but that's cool,since i got their blood inside me as well.I agreed,the chinese's english is quite poor,since there's no environment here.Rarely can see english program in the tv..but the happy news,more n more coming n they're improving quite fast.

Wish u all the best too there!!

19. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Hey babystar..
    Raul gonzales is cool.Till now,He's still sharp for players his age.But i like beckham n carlos better.Those two player's shot n play is "special" in Real.Too bad beckham moved to galaxy already.Can't watch his bendy kick often on tv anymore.Luckily,he's still playing for the national team.

I think that u might like them because they're cute n stylish.Haha..preety different than me though.But at least we both idolize the same player.:D

Wish u all the best!

20. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

:D:D:D:D..i smell something here.