CP5k Vs. CP6k

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BennyC, Jan 11, 2008.

1. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Okay, so im having troubles deciding which one to get. Ive done some research through the forums and have concluded with this (mind you this is going to be my first SOTX racket =]):

CP5k:

-very aerodynamic
    -Stiff(not extra stiff but correct me if im wrong)
    -headheavy
    -Very nice paint job
    - overall, all around attacking player

CP6K:

-comparable to AT700
    -head heavy
    - Stiff (-)
    - green paint job(i would like to see some more pics of this racket though =])
    - offensive attacking player type?

ANyways, the whole point of this thread was for members of BC( Jerby =]) to help point out the differences/similarities they may have. Currently, im using At700(4u) but also sometimes play with my ARC Saber 7 and At900T(4u), however im finding the 4us getting a bit on the light side. My personal preferences are not very demanding: id like to have more of an offensive over defensive racket and something that as stiff.

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

err yeah,

all i can say is, the cp5000 is not headheavy, but even balanced, and extra stiff(ish).
    The cp6000 is indeed not very stiff, some say it's flexy, I think "stiff-" fits the bill nicely. not to forget it's also 680mm long, and just as aerodynamic as the cp5000.

so, all in all, I'd say the cp5000 is all rounded, fast, and stiff. The cp6000 is attacking, powerful and more flexible.

If youv'e been playing with at700/at900T in 4U, and found them too light, I'm think the 85grams, even balanced, cp5000 will be too light as well.

oh, and as requested, it's still a beauty:D

Attached Files:

3. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Hmm well in terms of flex for the CP6K Vs. AT700 4U...is it almost equal to each other or is one flexier than the other and what about the head heaviness? So can we conclude that the at900t 4u is similar to the CP5k in terms of performance and specs, excluding feel.?

#3 BennyC, Jan 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

If the CP6K is similar to the 4U AT700, does that also mean that its frame is not so durable just like the 4U AT700?

5. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    LOL the max tension on the cp's are like 30lbs..im assuming that is considered the "recommended max" O_O

6. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Looking for CP rackets now Benny?

7. jerby

jerby Regular Member

well, I can't really comment on that (I don't have a 4u at700)...
    But my cp6k's are all ~88grams, I'd say they're durable enough (heck, the paint alone hardly comes off:p)

Benny,
    yeah, all CP have "best strung >28lbs" written on the shaft... Though that doesn't say much...

I'd say the cp6k is about as stiff as the at700's, thought that;s really just a ballpark guess (maybe it's slightly stiffer, maybe flexier):eek:

8. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Hmm alright. What about at900t 4u vs cp5k? Any difference? Sorry for all these questions, just need to be sure what im getting lols =] All advice/help is greatly appreciated

9. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I can't really comment on anything with at900T's...Never tried one...
    Though it's really quite easy, the cp5k is just 85grams (slightly heavier than the average 4U) but it's even balanced (some may say headlight).
    All armortecs are all headheavy, and feel heavier as well...

Though these are all just opinions, the best suggestion is talk to the shopowner, and see if there's any demo-policy, or return-policy.... Just try them out :p

10. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    I figured you havent tried the At900T but it was worth a try =] I wish i could demo it, but the closest place that carries SOTX is in Toronto =/ Well ill try to do some more research, thx jerby XD

11. jerby

jerby Regular Member

research? I doubt you'll get any smarter than you are now with just reading forums ;)

12. aL_vin

aL_vin Regular Member

Are SOTX grips still dissimilar from Yonex/Gosen/Victor grips?

They have the bulges right? ><''

13. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    yup, SOTX grips have the bulges. I personally don't like them so I replace all of my SOTX rackets with a flat replacement grip than a layer of overgrip.